Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

I just got 2 rooms at Crowne in San Pedro for December 29th @ $65+ taxes each.

After winning the bid, I called the 877 number for Crowne, quoting my confirmation number and they confirmed that I had non-smoking with 2 doubles in each room. Yipee!!

I am so grateful for all the information I got from this board.

Curious what hotels people are getting and at long price :)

I think I am LOSING IT....the sentance should read:

What hotels people are winning in long beach on Priceline ;)

I am aiming for a 4* any TRICKS to this one?

Or what is the mos popular win for this area?

I think I am LOSING IT....the sentance should read:

What hotels people are winning in long beach on Priceline ;)

I am aiming for a 4* any TRICKS to this one?

Or what is the mos popular win for this area?

Go to http://www.betterbidding.com or read this article, both have good advice on how to bid. Good Luck!

Bid for #3 in San Pedro for $65, told too low (Friday night), rebid for $75, told to add $22 to bid, complied, and got Crowne Plaza for $92 plus $20.85 tax. On return, bid for #4, Portofino Inn in Redondo, and couldn't get it, even at $120. Changed parameters to include LAX area and got Airport Marriott at $85 plus $19.84. This for cruise end of October. Probably overpaid a little, but wanted to get these res confirmed. I'm happy!:D Silver:cool:

Edited to add: All on Priceline

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, you might want to post that information on the East Coast

Forum:)

I think this is the West coast...California ports, Washington State,

Western Canada, Etc.

San Juan and the Caribbean are usually over on the East Coast

forum:)

Hi!! Well...I have been playing around for a couple of weeks...jumping from $55 - $60..putting in 4* and 3* at LAX etc.

I won the Crowne Plaza today 3* in Dec..for $60... $75 tax inc.

Maybe I could have gotten it cheaper if I kept up the game...but for the sake of maybe $5..lol...I gave up today :) $60 is pretty reasonable..since it's over $100 online:)

• 2 weeks later...

Coming in on the Monarch on December 7, 2007 and got the Crowne for $65 plus taxes - $81 total. Great price since internet rack rate is $139 plus 14% tax. Includes shuttle from the docks. WHooo Hoooo.

• 2 weeks later...

Seattle-June 6th - June 8th, 2008

I bid 3* Downtown 75.00

added Lake Union 77.00

added 2 1/2 * for 79.00 and got the Springhill Suites on Yale

Marriotts website shows a rate of 189.00-199.00 per night for this.

I'm not saying the above was the best strategy as I don't have much experience with Priceline. But I'm pleased with the end result.

If anyone is looking for Anchorage hotels for very early or very late in the season, I just "won" the Extended Stay Deluxe in Anchorage (Sept. 18-20) for $39 per night as a precruise hotel before our Diamond Princess Whittier-Bangkok cruise on Sept. 20th. ES's web-rate is about $105 per night. (This, apparently, used to be the Aspen Hotel and is on 8th Avenue.

It's also listed on Hotwire as a 2.5* Anchorage Central for $49 (bought it at that rate for our first night in Anchorage on Sept. 9th)

Great information posted here as to # of beds, types, etc. Does anyone know whether n/s room can be specified beforehand? Looking to try and get Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. Right now holding res at another hotel near LAX. But DW is totally allergic to smoke, so I'd rather pay more and confirm a n/s room anywhere than gamble in this regard.

I'm sure others have concerns in this regard as well, so thinking Priceline/Hotwire at least allow for that request beforehand. Anyone with experience on that? Thanks.:)

Vancouver, for 9/28 - 9/30:

Bid $125 for a 4* in "Downtown" Vancouver; rejected.

Waited 24 hours.

Increased my bid to $150 for a 4* in "Downtown" Vancouver; rejected. Added 3*, same location, but lowered my bid to $125. Won something called the "Plaza 500 Hotel" on 12th Avenue. It's much farther from the etertainment area and West End than we were hoping for, but looks pretty nice. Guess we'll figure out Vancouver's bus system.

Personally, I think the downtown Vancouver area on Priceline is way too wide. There should be one just for the Entertainment area and West End.