Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Tonight I was determined to book my hotel for Aug. 2 and be done with it! I got a Hotwire email for a 4* Seattle Downtown for $149 + tax. I was going to take it but decided to try Priceline one last time. I really wanted a 3* but had been unsuccessful in the past and had placed bids up to $97, so bid on a 4* and got the Westin for $122 + tax. I'm happy with that. I know there are many more skilled and if I had more patience I might have gotten something that cost less but now, no more stress over a hotel room!

I bid on a 4* hotel on Priceline. I got two nights pre-cruise on June 5 - 7 at the Sheraton Downtown for $105/night.

I haven't been able to as good a rate for my post-cruise stay June 14 - 15. Probably because it's Sunday - Monday. I've tried for three days. I might just go ahead and try for a 3* tomorrow and hope I get a good price as well as a nice hotel.

I bid on a 4* hotel on Priceline. I got two nights pre-cruise on June 5 - 7 at the Sheraton Downtown for $105/night.

I haven't been able to as good a rate for my post-cruise stay June 14 - 15. Probably because it's Sunday - Monday. I've tried for three days. I might just go ahead and try for a 3* tomorrow and hope I get a good price as well as a nice hotel.

Sometimes it helps to know WHAT CITY you're talking about!

quote:

"Sometimes it helps to know WHAT CITY you're talking about!"

I think sometimes folks get so excited about the good price

they forget to put the city:) ;) :D

From reading the previous postings I am guessing it

is Seattle?

I just got the Doubletree San Pedro for $70/night for June 6-8. The rate on the website was $165, so guess I did ok...the Crown Plaza didn't have any rooms...that's what I get for waiting til last minute ;)

jc106

Vision of the Seas - 6/8/08

Cabo/Mazatlan/PV

quote:

"Sometimes it helps to know WHAT CITY you're talking about!"

I think sometimes folks get so excited about the good price

they forget to put the city:) ;) :D

From reading the previous postings I am guessing it

is Seattle?

Oops. I was so busy making sure to include the dates and hotel that I forgot about the city.:)

I finally got a post-cruise hotel! I had to give up on staying in downtown Seattle this time.

I bid $69 for June 14th - 15th and got the three-star Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport. (I think that I remembered everything this time.)

I just got the Westin in downtown Seattle for 2 nights at $120/night in priceline. I was originally bidding for a 3 star so I am really happy with the results. The Westin seems to be a nice hotel and it is walking distance from Pike Place so I welcomed the upgrade.

Does anyone know how much would I need to pay for a cab from the airport? I heard the ride to the port (Pier 30) is not too far.

I stayed in the Westin also. Great views! The walk to the market is easy. The walk back can be torture if you don't take the correct streets. Ask at the desk and they will tell you. Once we kept climbing endless and very steep flights of stairs. Once we asked and they told us the best way back, it was a very easy stroll. You can easily walk to the Space Needle from there also. Just step outside and turn right. It was a long walk, but very flat. You are also right where you can take the Tram if someone doesn't feel like walking that far.

I just got the Westin in downtown Seattle for 2 nights at $120/night in priceline. I was originally bidding for a 3 star so I am really happy with the results. The Westin seems to be a nice hotel and it is walking distance from Pike Place so I welcomed the upgrade.

Does anyone know how much would I need to pay for a cab from the airport? I heard the ride to the port (Pier 30) is not too far.

We paid about $35 with tip.

Are you on NCL? I believe they are sailing out of pier 66 unless it has already changed.

• 3 weeks later...
This is not new news, but we just booked the Crown Plaza, on night pre cruise thru Price line, $65.00( $81.71 with tax)1-2-2009.

That's great! It's always good to know that it's still available. Thanks for posting.