Shampoo Packing ?

ellyzma

I am leaving tomorrow on the Miracle... I live in Tampa so I am packing today/tonight/tomorrow morning :D

My question is this:

Do I need to pack Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash or is it in the showers?

I ask because on the Disney ships there is shampoo etc in the showers but this is my first Carnival Cruise...

Thanks for Helping...

Beth

:D GC, I know! I have to take my own shampoo and a good STRONG conditioner. Otherwise, my hair looks like straw.

Mine too girl! I can't even get a comb through it if I don't get a good conditioner on it!!! Otherwise, you'd see me in a hat all week :D

Mine too girl! I can't even get a comb through it if I don't get a good conditioner on it!!! Otherwise, you'd see me in a hat all week :D

I bring my own to for the same reason.

It REALLY helps my hair when I wet it in the morning and put conditioner in and comb through. I leave it in for the day. This gives a layer of protection for your hair from the salt water etc. I bring a small container/tube of a deep conditioner for this. When I shower before dinner I rinse it out, wash, condition as usual. If you color your hair or have curly hair this makes a huge difference!

I would bring my own soap and conditioner. Although I didn't quite realize this when I cruised, you end up taking multiple showers over the course of the day (getting the salty, chlorinated pool water off, and getting ready for dinner after a day in a hot and humid port city). The shampoo is probably fine for everyday use, but, even with short hair, I really wished I had brought conditioner to make up for the multiple washings and pool water damage. Even a travel size bottle, which doesn't take up much room, would have been nice. I didn't much care for the soap, but we brought a bar of nice soap, so that wasn't much of an issue. Happy sailing.

I brought travel size and alternated between my own and what was in the shower. I found the wind to be the biggest issue with drying out my hair. It was always windy on deck so anytime I went out side my hair blew every which direction. I have straight, somewhat medium hair with no body at all. Last year it was a chin length bob. I recently cut it off and it won't be as big a problem this year. It's also highlighted so drier than normal also. I also use plain shampoo to clean my jewelry. It takes the sunscreen and dirt off. You can't do that with the stuff with conditioner because it leaves a film.

I'm with Cotton and the others...I have to bring my own...that combo just doesn't have enough conditioner for me. Love the bodywash though! :)

Ditto! Love the body wash but the shampoo combo just doesn't work for me. Wish it did - less stuff to lug!!:p

Last week, the Miracle had Dove shampoo (with a conditioner in it, I think) and an unnamed blue body wash (unless the label had been ripped off only in my particular shower).

There was no sign telling us either what kind it was. I do not think it worked that great at lather.

I just took some hotel bottles of shampoo and tossed them after I iused them up. Was no big deal to pack them takes less room than a regular size bottle of shampoo.

Archived