Do the menus repeat on 13 and 14 day cruises?

CaribbeanBound

Do the menus repeat after the first week on 13 and 14 day cruises, or do they do a great job of keeping the menu varied each day of the 2-week cruise?

Also, I know on most cruises they provision the ship for almost all of their needs at the originating port. Does this hold true for 2-week cruises, or do they almost always reprovision sometime between day 7 and 10 at one of the ports?

Do the menus repeat after the first week on 13 and 14 day cruises, or do they do a great job of keeping the menu varied each day of the 2-week cruise?

Also, I know on most cruises they provision the ship for almost all of their needs at the originating port. Does this hold true for 2-week cruises, or do they almost always reprovision sometime between day 7 and 10 at one of the ports?

Here is a link from a cruise of 13 days. The menu seems different every night. http://cruiseclues.info/images/celebrity_constellation/dinner_menus.pdf

Do the menus repeat after the first week on 13 and 14 day cruises,...

In the early days of life at sea, the standard daily feature was tinned beef :eek: and sea biscuits. If the crew behaved, they were rewarded with a ration of grog ;) . For health reasons, a chunk of lime was issued to ward off scurvy :p.

Isn't cruising great?

We were on an eleven day cruise a few years ago and the dinner menu didn't repeat.

Les

Remembering the sea biscuits and salted meat.... actually I was once on the old CCCP ship TS Baltica in the early 70's and we had the same menu repeated every day. Mostly salty herring and cabbage with cucumber slices on the side.

Cruising has changed. Last February Lily and I did back-to-back eastern and western Caribbean 7 day cruises where the menus did repeat on the second week, but we didn't mind. Our strategy is usually to order different dishes and then share back and forth. We even do that with the soups so we get to try more - you'd think we don't get out much!

We were on a 14-day cruise in Aug./Sept. and the menu did not repeat. However, there are a couple of items that might. From one of the threads on this board, people were asked for favorite foods. Someone raved about the creme brulee, so when it came up as a dessert early in the cruise, I tried it and raved over it to the waiter. He said it would be repeated late in the cruise but carmelized. :D It was... and it was even better than the first.

We did 2 Hawaii cruises, one 11 day and one 14 day and the menu was different every night. But I remembered certain dishes from the first time and looked for them, like the minestrone soup which was so good my DH had 3 helpings! Also I liked the lamb chops George IV and I am not a fan of lamb.

It was interesting to see how some things evolved. The spring roll was a cold wrap over a few veggies when I ordered it the first time. On this last cruise, my cousin ordered it and it looked and tasted like a regular eggroll. I guess they do read the comment cards.

The menus do not repeat on a 14 day cruise - I have done several of them. That is one of the advantages of a 14 day cruise over back to back 7 day cruises. First night menu is the same on all Celebrity cruises, same with formal nights, etc.

Archived