Anyone used laundry services onboard?

We are taking a 12 night cruise at the end of the month and it has just dawned on me how many clothes that would require. Does anyone have any advice on the laundry service onboard? I really don't want to bring mountains of clothes if I don't have to. Thanks!

We used the laundry service on AOS and thought it was well done. Clothes were returned quickly and the price was very reasonable.

Also had a pair of pants that DH "forgot" to try on before we left hemmed and there was "no charge". The tailor came to our cabin, pinned the pants and returned them later that afternoon. When we asked how much he said no charge - we gave him a tip equal to the amount that we would have spent to have them hemmed at home and where thrilled we were able to get it done.

They do a great job! The prices are on their website:

###

Are laundry services provided?

Self-Service Laundry facilities are not provided onboard any Royal Caribbean International ships; however, full laundry and dry cleaning services are provided :

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices Please note: We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

Glad to hear the onboard laundry service is good !

We are taking our first B2B on the AOS in February and I know we will have to send out our laundry a few times during our 14 days at sea :)

Is there such a things as same day service?

This goes to show ya! LOL I will spend $$ for a suite, booze, spa, and other things that I love, but...I will not spend $$ on cleaning my clothes. LOL I mean really! People keep saying, "just like you'd pay at home". Who doesn't do their own laundry?

I'm also wicked fussy about my laundry. I will either do it myself or bring it home.

Just my personal observation.

This goes to show ya! LOL I will spend $$ for a suite, booze, spa, and other things that I love, but...I will not spend $$ on cleaning my clothes. LOL I mean really! People keep saying, "just like you'd pay at home". Who doesn't do their own laundry?

I'm also wicked fussy about my laundry. I will either do it myself or bring it home.

Just my personal observation.

How will you know if RCI's laundry service doesn't meet your expectations if you never give them a try? :rolleyes:

We are taking our first B2B on the AOS in February and I know we will have to send out our laundry a few times during our 14 days at sea :)

Yes they do have same day service. Not sure of the extra charge amount but I had it done one day and they were quick.:)

We used same day service...they did a terrific job, and if I recall correctly, there was a 50% extra charge for same day (i.e., a blouse that cost $3.00 regular service would cost $4.50 same day).

Archived