Bet is riding on this - Single Cruiser allowed on Princess?

Sandytoes

By brother said that Princess allows single passengers to book a cabin as long as they pay double fare.

A long time ago, I thought I read on CC board that Princess no longer allows this.

Or, did they just stop the Single Share Program?

Anyone have the answer?

The single share is gone. Yes you can book a cabin as a single. The rate may vary from about 150% to 200% (you only pay taxes and port fees once) depending on the cruise, destination and how well the cruise is selling. Lots of people book as a single.

The single share is gone. Yes you can book a cabin as a single. The rate may vary from about 150% to 200% (you only pay taxes and port fees once) depending on the cruise, destination and how well the cruise is selling. Lots of people book as a single.

Actually, I think on Princess you pay taxes & port fees twice as a single (unless it's my TA that has pulled one over on me) my next cruise is costing me exactly 200% of what 2 people would have paid for the same cabin, including taxes & fees..

You are right about the other cruise lines I've sailed with--I only paid taxes and port fees for one person, but still paid 150% to 200% of the double occupany per person cost. If you book the higher categories, most likely it's always 200%.

By brother said that Princess allows single passengers to book a cabin as long as they pay double fare.

A long time ago, I thought I read on CC board that Princess no longer allows this.

Or, did they just stop the Single Share Program?

Anyone have the answer?

Bet is riding on this - Single Cruiser allowed on Princess?

Did you win the bet...........:)

Actually, I think on Princess you pay taxes & port fees twice as a single (unless it's my TA that has pulled one over on me) my next cruise is costing me exactly 200% of what 2 people would have paid for the same cabin, including taxes & fees..

I usually pay flash fares and it is 200% (not 160%). And I also pay double port fees (and maybe taxes). Something is double and it seems like it shouldn't be.

If you book early - you may pay 160% for a inside or outside but I usually pay less by booking late and 200% (because the price drops so it is less). Though on balconies and above - it is always 200%.

I usually pay flash fares and it is 200% (not 160%). And I also pay double port fees (and maybe taxes). Something is double and it seems like it shouldn't be.

If you book early - you may pay 160% for a inside or outside but I usually pay less by booking late and 200% (because the price drops so it is less). Though on balconies and above - it is always 200%.

I think I read somewhere once that it can actually be cheaper for a single to sail on one of the "exclusive" cruise lines like Seabourn since their single supplement is rarely 200% (and usually much less, sometimes as low as 120%).

I have never tried them though, because I hate to fly and they don't sail out of Galveston:D

I think I read somewhere once that it can actually be cheaper for a single to sail on one of the "exclusive" cruise lines like Seabourn since their single supplement is rarely 200% (and usually much less, sometimes as low as 120%).

I have never tried them though, because I hate to fly and they don't sail out of Galveston:D

I think you are probably right if booking a typical cruise.

I book very, very cheap fares often. I wait until the price goes down to $399 a person so the total me is under $800 for inside/outsides (a TA discounts my price). I booked a balcony for around $1200 for December paying 200%. There is no way I could touch a price like that on Seaborn or Crystal whose single fares are typically 120% as you mentioned. Plus - I am elite so I get free internet, free dry cleaning and free minibar setup. The internet alone is worth a lot to me.

If I was interested in a July cruise to the Med - I think I may be better off going the direction you mention but in the mean time, I book off season (Alaska in May, Caribbean in Nov/Dec) and have never had problems with Princess's fare.

I am doing a rivercruise next May and the company gave me a very good price as a single on their ship.

Archived