Champagne card ?

Okay...that does it. I can't take it anymore...suddenly I have the taste for a Mimosa and I have to leave for work in 10 minutes! I'll daydream about the champagne bar and punch cards while I'm walking dogs today. :D

Thanks for posting the pics!

trishalee - dom't know about Brilliance, but Explorer it was a smoking area, but rarely saw somebody smokin there pre-dinner which was when I went.

cdillon23 - see my response in post #48 above. But, if it is available, it is bought at the bar.

trishalee - dom't know about Brilliance, but Explorer it was a smoking area, but rarely saw somebody smokin there pre-dinner which was when I went.

cdillon23 - see my response in post #48 above. But, if it is available, it is bought at the bar.

I'm sure that it varies, depending on the passenger mix on that particular cruise. When I would walk past the Explorer's Champagne Bar, I almost always saw people smoking in there. :(

This is the best news I have heard all day...and I am having a beer at work (the benefits of living in Germany) ;-) Hope this champagne card is on the Jewel as my future DH is not much of a champagne drinker but I am. I found a new champagne cocktail here in Munich that I had not seen anywhere else - a champagne mojito (champagne, rum, crushed mint and sugar) - very refreshing on a warm day!

This is the best news I have heard all day...and I am having a beer at work (the benefits of living in Germany) ;-) Hope this champagne card is on the Jewel as my future DH is not much of a champagne drinker but I am. I found a new champagne cocktail here in Munich that I had not seen anywhere else - a champagne mojito (champagne, rum, crushed mint and sugar) - very refreshing on a warm day!

Mmmm...that Mojito sounds goooood!!!!! I'll bet at the Champagne Bar they would make you up whatever you requested.

Genießen Sie Ihr Bier! :p

3 Champagne and Rum Mojito recipes:

Mojito recipe

Scale ingredients to servings

3 fresh mint sprigs

2 tsp sugar

3 tbsp fresh lime juice

1 1/2 oz light rum

club soda

In a tall thin glass, crush part of the mint with a fork to coat the inside. Add the sugar and lime juice and stir thoroughly. Top with ice. Add rum and mix. Top off with *chilled* club soda (or seltzer). Add a lemon slice and the remaining mint, and serve.

OLD CUBAN

*Original recipe by Audrey Saunders

The Old Cuban (Champagne Mojito) A white rum would lose its' identity combined with champagne, so I used an anejo rum, and added bitters to it . The combination of the heftier, aged rum and bitters is a perfect compliment to the champagne. For a festive effect, garnish with a split vanilla bean rolled in sugar.

¾ oz. Lime Juice

1 oz. Simple Syrup

1 dash Angostura Bitters

6 Mint Leaves

1 ½ oz. Bacardi 8 Year Rum

2 oz. quality Champagne (Veuve Clicquot or Tattinger)

Garnish: Floating Mint Leaves & (Optional) Sugar-coated Vanilla Bean Glass: Chilled Martini

Shake all (except champagne) and strain into a chilled martini glass. Top with champagne, and garnish with a vanilla bean

The Mojito

-2 to 4 lime wedges, depending on the size of the lime

-6 fresh mint leaves, plus a sprig of mint for garnish

-1 tablespoon granulated sugar

-2 ounces white rum

-Club soda

1. In a tall, slim glass, muddle together the lime wedges, mint leaves, and sugar as described above.

2. Fill the glass with crushed ice, and add the rum and club soda. Stir briefly.

3. Add the mint sprig for garnish.

Karina : Will be on the Explorer in 2 weeks, love the champagne card idea. You have said many times you have to buy it and USE it in the Champagne Bar . Question , can you get your drink before dinner or whatever and take it with you to the dining room etc or did you mean you had to DRINK the drinks in the bar?

Karina : Will be on the Explorer in 2 weeks, love the champagne card idea. You have said many times you have to buy it and USE it in the Champagne Bar . Question , can you get your drink before dinner or whatever and take it with you to the dining room etc or did you mean you had to DRINK the drinks in the bar?

I guess i meant it's only valid for drinks in the champagne bar. I never did take 'em out, but I don't see why you couldn't take a drink with you....there's no guy with a machete at the exit.

I guess i meant it's only valid for drinks in the champagne bar. I never did take 'em out, but I don't see why you couldn't take a drink with you....there's no guy with a machete at the exit.

WHAT?!?!??!?!? No buff guy, naked from the waist up, gold hoop earring in one ear, scarf around his curly locks, machete hooked in his belt, arms crossed, scowling menacingly in the entranceway?!?!?!?!?!?

Dang, I guess that it's just not worth going there, then.

:D

WHAT?!?!??!?!? No buff guy, naked from the waist up, gold hoop earring in one ear, scarf around his curly locks, machete hooked in his belt, arms crossed, scowling menacingly in the entranceway?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, not anymore....;)

Dang, I guess that it's just not worth going there, then.

:D

WOW!!! I LOVE your imagination! Hopefully his replacement will be showing up soon ;)

A~