CoCo Cay Questions

Coco Cay is wonderful. There is tons of beachfront, so you can stay where the crowds are or go find a private spot. The snorkling is great. There is a sunken boat and airplane. Also, there is a path to walk around the island. There is a water park with a huge inflatable waterslide. Depending on your speed, you can rent beach mats or jetskis.

Coco Cay is a small paradise surrounded by water in incredible jewel tones of blue. You can swim, snorkle, take a short hike, shop in the basket and souvenier shops, parasail, etc. Or you can just lie in a hammock and kick back or sun on a deck chair. I love Coco Cay.

Around noon there is a "beach bar-b-que" that is free and prepared by the ship's cooks. Alcohol and soft drinks will cost extra.

You are free to come and go as you please and return to the ship any time a tender boat is available. The boats shuttle back and forth all day.

Wow! Look what I got when I put Cococay into the "search" function:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/searc...archid=3924700

you made an excellent point in a very nice way mom... way to go..

Cococay is a beach, just a big beach... pretty, but still just a beach.

I dont get it...I click the link and it gives me an error box...'no matches found'...is that the point? Did I miss something?

Wow! Look what I got when I put Cococay into the "search" function:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=3924700

It's unfortunate that search engines are not intuitive ... and often demand accuracy of the input side ... with "Coco Cay", (and not Cococay) as the search phrase, one does get this result:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=3925396

The problem is that I think the "search IDs" are only valid for a couple hours or so after the search is done. So you can go back for a while, but if you post a link to one you did, like here, after a short time, they no longer work.

Theron

Perhaps, but a beach with a kick *bleep* bbq on it!

Kingsgirl, Im glad to hear that..if there is one thing I love to do its ..eat!!! ;)...

I have heard many say the BBQ is very good, and I am soo looking foward to it! (will be there in a week) :D

PS, your avatar picture is very pretty!!!

Yes, Theron is right.

The problem is that I think the "search IDs" are only valid for a couple hours or so after the search is done. So you can go back for a while, but if you post a link to one you did, like here, after a short time, they no longer work.

And if you put in "Coco Cay", you will get results for people who typed Coco Cay.

If you put in "Cococay", you will get results for people who typed Cococay.

Search engines are rather simple devices.

It's unfortunate that search engines are not intuitive ... and often demand accuracy of the input side ... with "Coco Cay", (and not Cococay) as the search phrase, one does get this result:

The moral of the story? Go to the SEARCH function by clicking on "search" in the blue bar at the top of the page, type in cococay or coco cay, highlight "Royal Caribbean", then hit search.

You will receive more information than you thought possible.

:)

I am always confused when people answer a posters question with "do a search"...as if to say " find the answer yourself"...

these boards( I thought) were supposed to be a friendly helpful place...(to me) it seems just as easy to answer a question as to respond with the answer "do a search"...:rolleyes:

I am always confused when people answer a posters question with "do a search"...as if to say " find the answer yourself"...

these boards( I thought) were supposed to be a friendly helpful place...(to me) it seems just as easy to answer a question as to respond with the answer "do a search"...:rolleyes:

We had a wonderful day on CocoCay this year- and have been to many, many beaches. There were no jellyfish when we were there in April- they seem to be a problem sometimes during hurricane season.

The swimming was very good, the BBQ good, plenty of beach chairs, plenty of water toys, lots of space for differing activities. The only thing we recommend is not taking food to your beach chairs, as the seagulls sometimes swoop in! We ate at the picnic tables.

No one (i.e., I) said "do a search". I gave instruction on HOW TO DO a search. And I actually completed the initial search for the questioner.

As Theron said,

How does that old saying go?

Post a link to a search result... give answers for a day...

Teach someone to use a search engine... give answers for a lifetime... ?

I know when posters say "do a search," they don't mean to appear unfriendly or not helpful (most of them, anyway), but to us newer CC members, it does come across that way sometimes. Thanks for your comment, Parrott, and hopefully when I get thousands of posts attached to my name, I will remember what you posted when newbies have a question! ;) :D

I know when posters say "do a search," they don't mean to appear unfriendly or not helpful (most of them, anyway), but to us newer CC members, it does come across that way sometimes. Thanks for your comment, Parrott, and hopefully when I get thousands of posts attached to my name, I will remember what you posted when newbies have a question!

No Problem ,Forpaws (cute screen name btw)

(As a former newbie) I hate it when I get that resopnse...If Im asking I have usually already tryed to find my answer and have not succeded so I ask...and yes, there are topics on these boards that have been beat to death, but ...I think there always will be...(mainly b/c people want to rehash, instead of just giving an answer...)...Enjoy your cruises, and good luck on the boards ;) :p

Archived