10 am flight out of FLL possible?

mek

Anyone out there ever catch a 10 am flight? This is our 3rd time on the CB and we've always made an 11 am with no problems, however the best air has a 10 am departure. Is it worth the gamble?

Hope someone has been able to do this!

Anyone out there ever catch a 10 am flight? This is our 3rd time on the CB and we've always made an 11 am with no problems, however the best air has a 10 am departure. Is it worth the gamble?

Hope someone has been able to do this!

that is why the best air has a 10am flight, because cruisers from yours and all other ships in port that day are not willing to risk getting to the airport for a flight that early.

....if there is any delay at all, you will be able to wave to your flight from the cab....

On the other hand, we missed our 11 AM flight out of FLL last week. We were there in time but didn't pay attention to the revised departure time on our boarding passes - 40 minutes earlier than the tickets said. We were in the bar where the announcements/pages don't go and strolled up to the gate just after they closed the doors.

The Delta rep rebooked us and didn't charge for the itinerary change so we spent a terrific day/evening cruising the intracoastal waterway on the water bus, visiting some really great bars & restaurants, and getting a much better connection home the next day (3 hours quicker than the original schedule).

It was the first time I'd been in Ft. Lauderdale since the 60's - I couldn't have planned it better myself and recommend that you "decompress" there for a day before going back to reality. Plenty of convenient, decent, and reasonable hotel rooms available - go for it!

OBTW, you might want to try the "mixed" (conch & clam) chowder at Seaport Raw Bar on Cordova just off 17th. Good stuff!

Some airlines offer pre booking and direct luggage check in on board. There is a fee for this...I think it was $10pp. It was a dream.....we received our boarding passes on board, got off the ship early with just our carry on, went directly to security and were in our boarding area an hour prior to our 10:10am flight. Call Princess to see whose airlines they are working with on this......we were on American.

FLL flights can be easy or dicey depending on the day of the week and the amount of ships leaving/returning to port. Saturdays and Sundays are usually very hectic since most 7 night cruises depart and return on these days. Taxis, transfer busses, shuttles, etc., all have to deal with congestion and delays so it could be a problem just getting to the airport early enough. I'd be wary of a 10AM flight under these circumstances.

(Hi Murphey, see you in 3 weeks on the Sun) :)

Last cruise in August on the CB, we were the first off the ship. But even then, getting to the airport, checking in and going through security we would have had a tough time making a 10:00 flight. Remember, you need to check in earlier than usual.

Personally, I wouldn't chance it.

Mek I'm in the same situation. BTW hi PSEE...see ya on the 10th.......our return flight is 10:35 and I'm nervous about getting it too. I think I will make a hotel reservation (just in case we miss it) and then can always cancel....just don't know......

Angie

While most airlines will book you on a later flight if you miss the original flight - there has to be seats available to book you on.

While the above poster Ka Honu was able to get rescheduled - remember that many of the cruise ships have not returned to FLL yet (some are still in Europe, some are doing fall foliage, etc. . ) and it is rare to find any seats available on Saturdays and Sundays once all the ships have returned to FLL. I wouldn't count on being able to get rescheduled on another plane later in the day.

I personally would not book a 10 am flight. 11:00 would be my earliest flight.

Archived