I'm in trouble now...

Canuck Cruzer

We are still 4 1/2 months out from our next cruise, but I had my first cruise nightmare last night.

I woke up this morning stressed. In my dream, my wife and I missed almost everything. We forgot to get off when at ports, we forgot to go to the cruise critic meet and greet, we forgot to pack our things on the last night, and disembarking started before realizing we should pack.

We like to get on early, so we can take lots of pictures of the ship when it's not that full. We forgot to do that. So I was running around taking pictures while the ship was pulling into port in NYC. I found that odd, because we sail out of San Juan.

It was horrible! I'm sure there will be many more....:D

We are still 4 1/2 months out from our next cruise, but I had my first cruise nightmare last night.

I woke up this morning stressed. In my dream, my wife and I missed almost everything. We forgot to get off when at ports, we forgot to go to the cruise critic meet and greet, we forgot to pack our things on the last night, and disembarking started before realizing we should pack.

We like to get on early, so we can take lots of pictures of the ship when it's not that full. We forgot to do that. So I was running around taking pictures while the ship was pulling into port in NYC. I found that odd, because we sail out of San Juan.

You may have experienced a "repositioning" nightmare.:p

Well at least yours was a dream. Mine was the sailing after the list on the Crown Princess. I found out while cooking dinner on Tuesday that our vacation on Thursday was in jeopardy. Lets hope yours stays a dream.

THis is no laughing matter! I can't beleive that I read this thread. I'm usually dreaming non-stop about 6 months before I travel but I've been trying not to think about it to much ,in hopes that I won't start obsessing about stupid things "I must remember". You know -did I bring all the right color of pantyhose[i never wear them] I should throw in some duct tape -just in case[have never used it] etc. You know, all the important stuff. I'll know who to blame if I start all that craziness tonight!! WAIT, I just noticed your from Alberta . Is this a Canadian thing or are there others out there that suffer from this??:o

WAIT, I just noticed your from Alberta . Is this a Canadian thing or are there others out there that suffer from this??:o

No, not a Canadian thing :D . I have never experienced nightmares about it, even though I may be a little obsessive about planning them. Love reading the reviews though . . . can't you just feel the warm sun beating down on us already?!?!?!

Where in Alberta?

I usually dream that I forgot to pack. In my dream I will have only a few minutes to get to airport and I am throwing things into a suitcase.

Before my first cruise I dreamed that we got to the dock and it was an old narrow rickety wooden contraption. I had to make my way down this thing while trying to bring my suitcase. It seemed that the farther I went, the farther I had to go.

Aftbalconycouple, I have the same exact forgetting-to-pack nightmare! Yes, I'm tossing stuff in suitcases and rushing out the door too...

Let's all take a deep breath, make lists to remind us to pack the stuff we think we might forget, and ENJOY OUR VACATIONS!

So our cruise to Panama on the Island Princess was only a nightmare - phew I thought it was real.

We left Victoria Bc the evening before and our first plane was delayed 5 hours because of a mechanical breakdown. This meant we missed the last connection from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale and we, (my wife, my 81 year old mum in law and I) were rerouted via Dallas to Miami. We get to Miami and there is no baggage and no wheelchair. The Princess rep is wonderful and lets us on the shuttle to Fort Lauderdale. We board and me my 87 year old mum who flew separately from Bermuda. We sail. I tell the purser we have no bags. Day 1 Wife is miffed, having spent a small fortune in time and money on buying new formal gear. Mother in Law of course has no clothes and is fast running out of prescription medicine.

Day 2 At sea visit sick bay and get mum in law presciption. Day 3 Ocho Rios - no baggage - spend the day trying to buy essentials, including such stuff as wife's hair gel. We find a drugstore where they show her the hair gel and say if you want the white folks stuff this is what we got - some thick black goo - we take a pass on it.

We continue with no clothes (although Princess went out of their way to look after us even though it was the airline who lost the luggage) and bought out the on board stores. Day 10 arrive Grand Cayman - luggage awaits us on the Jetty. Wheelchair still missing. We wander around town with 2 mums for a while and then my mum wants to return to the ship via tender. I leave her there because our wheelchair has arrived. We spend the rest of the day around town and at 3 go back for the tender. Security officer rushes up to tell me that my mum is in hospital. Ship delayed sailing for an hour until she returns.

End of cruise and we return to Victoria - but our luggage is not there - it got long on the flight from FLL to Seattle. My mum returns direct to Bermuda, unpacks, slips, cracks a rib and ends up in hospital for a month.

Booked next cruise to Hawaii to recover. We just completed that without incident!

Enjoy the cruiise, don't worry about a thing because nothing can go wrong!

I am also from Alberta..going to Panama on March 9..2007..

Hubby is like you..plans binders full of stuff,researches and worries for months..lol (A job well-dreaded is HALF DONE.. I Suppose)

Then there is me..when I go somewhere,it is to RELAX and have a H.O.L.I.D.A.Y..not make the trip a "J.O.B.."

My biggest worry is that our kids ..25,..17, and 15, will burn the house down while we are at sea..lol..

Would have thought it'd be your first cruise.

Wow, so many folks in Alberta. Must because we like to abandon the winter cold and because we can afford to cruise. I'm in Spruce Grove. Any others from Alberta feel free to send me a PM. I'll have to make sure it's enabled.

BTW, I'm sure the bad dreams will be just that, dreams. The cruise will be great.

So our cruise to Panama on the Island Princess was only a nightmare - phew I thought it was real.

We left Victoria Bc the evening before and our first plane was delayed 5 hours because of a mechanical breakdown. This meant we missed the last connection from Seattle to Fort Lauderdale and we, (my wife, my 81 year old mum in law and I) were rerouted via Dallas to Miami. We get to Miami and there is no baggage and no wheelchair. The Princess rep is wonderful and lets us on the shuttle to Fort Lauderdale. We board and me my 87 year old mum who flew separately from Bermuda. We sail. I tell the purser we have no bags. Day 1 Wife is miffed, having spent a small fortune in time and money on buying new formal gear. Mother in Law of course has no clothes and is fast running out of prescription medicine.

Day 2 At sea visit sick bay and get mum in law presciption. Day 3 Ocho Rios - no baggage - spend the day trying to buy essentials, including such stuff as wife's hair gel. We find a drugstore where they show her the hair gel and say if you want the white folks stuff this is what we got - some thick black goo - we take a pass on it.

We continue with no clothes (although Princess went out of their way to look after us even though it was the airline who lost the luggage) and bought out the on board stores. Day 10 arrive Grand Cayman - luggage awaits us on the Jetty. Wheelchair still missing. We wander around town with 2 mums for a while and then my mum wants to return to the ship via tender. I leave her there because our wheelchair has arrived. We spend the rest of the day around town and at 3 go back for the tender. Security officer rushes up to tell me that my mum is in hospital. Ship delayed sailing for an hour until she returns.

End of cruise and we return to Victoria - but our luggage is not there - it got long on the flight from FLL to Seattle. My mum returns direct to Bermuda, unpacks, slips, cracks a rib and ends up in hospital for a month.

Booked next cruise to Hawaii to recover. We just completed that without incident!

Enjoy the cruiise, don't worry about a thing because nothing can go wrong!

Thank you Billet. Now, no matter what goes wrong I'll think of you and be grateful for my little mishaps. Wow! What an experience that must have been.

My DH is an engineer. He worries about EVERYTHING. That was part of his job before he retired. He got paid to fuss about "what ifs" and "worst case". That is why cruising works for him.

1. He can't drive the boat.

2. They won't let him near the engine room. (He's tried!)

3. They won't let him take anything apart. (He's tried that, too.)

4. There is an electronic security check getting on and off the ship.

5. He can always get well done roast beef in the dining room.

DH is a basket case for 24 hours before the cruise. Once he steps onto the ship, he known that Princess will take care of him. And Princess does just that. Enjoy your cruise.:)

I usually dream that I forgot to pack. In my dream I will have only a few minutes to get to airport and I am throwing things into a suitcase.

Before my first cruise I dreamed that we got to the dock and it was an old narrow rickety wooden contraption. I had to make my way down this thing while trying to bring my suitcase. It seemed that the farther I went, the farther I had to go.

I have the dream that I can find the car......can't remember where I last parked it......:confused:

Had a laugh seeing this thread because I had my first cuise dream Friday night! Our cruise is 5 1/2 months away!

Dreamed my daughter and I decided to visit another ship at Port Everglades as friends were sailing on this different ship. We'll be on the CB. And of course, we were on board the wrong ship when it sailed! I wasn't stressed about it or anything thinking we could just get on CB (mid ocean I guess!). But learned that the ship we were on was doing Western Carib and CB was eastern so they weren't sailing together.

We couldn't get off at port or fly to meet up with the CB because our passports and all luggage was on the CB.

So we called our friends and my sister on CB to let them know where we were. Told the captain that we were on his ship accidently. He was very nice and took us to the purser to get a cabin.

It really was a low stress dream and we were just as happy to be on that cruise as the other!

Hopefully my cruise dreams will remain fun and not turn to nightmares!

Funny, but I had a very similar dream about a week before we sailed on the Crown. I don't like to miss out on things either...so maybe it's just fears getting the best of you. Our cruise was a beautiful dream...with a few comic relief segments thrown in for good measure. Your cruise will be fantastic...no worries. :)

Thank you Billet. Now, no matter what goes wrong I'll think of you and be grateful for my little mishaps. Wow! What an experience that must have been.

It was my wife's first experience of a cruise, but nothwithstanding it she bounced back to try again to Hawaii last month and now wants to try a third one!

Hi,

I had a living nighmare before our cruise on September 30th.

We didn't get my husbands passport until the day before the cruise.

Oh! It didn't happen because the State Dept. helped; it happened because I made it happen!! It cost me plenty, both in dollars and stress! Don't ask! It was horrific!!! :eek:

Thanks to all you wonderful posters who helped me get throught it!

We're sailing NCL Star on November 14th and it feels like somethings wrong because I'm not jumping through hoops.

I'm not worried about nothing!!!!!!! (good english)!

I'm doing the let's go on a cruise; anticipation; doc dance thing!!!!!!!! :D

Have a superfantabulous cruise! I know I will!!!!! ;)

I'm glad to see others have the same problem!

For those that asked, I'm in Calgary.

We have only been on one cruise so far...and had a great time. I know we will have a great 2nd cruise. I just thought it was funny that this "dreaming" started so far out. I could see it happening the week before, or the night before.

I don't think I originally posted this, but I think the reason this happened, was because I fell asleep with the Princess brochure on my stomach that night!

Too Funny. My wife and I are on the 11/11 Crown Princess trip. I rarely, if ever remember my dreams, but a few weeks ago, I had one where we went on the ship and "forgot to do anything!". Next thing I knew we were getting off the ship in San Juan.

Maybe it's my sub-concious telling me a should have booked a back-to-back?

Andrew

Archived