Live from the Crown 10/27/06

Colo Cruiser

Hi Colo: Just curious if the the servers who bring your drinks give you a copy of your bar bill. There have been a few posts lately that some are not getting them. Was just wondering.

Marilyn

They have the Toucan left but that is it. It is a great price and I can add another 10% to that for Elite.

I will touch base with Stefano when I leave here.

I got a Toucan! First thing I did when the shops opened. I got the Macaw (spelling) on my last cruise on the Crown last month. One mroe to go....

Great deal too. 20% off and 10% off.

Pete

Hi Colo: Just curious if the the servers who bring your drinks give you a copy of your bar bill. There have been a few posts lately that some are not getting them. Was just wondering.

Marilyn

If you ask, they will give you one.

Pete

If you ask, they will give you one.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I know that people have asked for them was just curious if this is happening on all of the fleet or just the Crown.

Marilyn

I can't believe they didn't restock in between cruises! :eek: The ship definitely has the best price....along with the 20% discount they offered. I've been pricing it all over and the ship's price was the lowest by over $100. Oh, when we went to buy it, other passengers had all of the parrots on hold, but no one came back to get them, so we were lucky to get one of those on the last day...check back. Make nice with the shopgirl...she may find you one after all. ;)

Cindra

PS: Tell Stefano in the International Cafe that Bill, from 2 cruises ago, wants his coffee.;)

Okay, I must have missed something but what the heck are you all talking about with the parrots and the toucans?????

I was just posting and it went poof.

Carolyn, I think they are talking about crystal parrots.

I was one of the ones under the weather yesterday so I missed our cruise critic meeting. To my fellow Crown Jewels: if you guys are meeting again please let me know and contact me at E419 :D

The ship is BEAUTIFUL. We just went to Vines and did a wine sampling or Flight. They have about 8 different flights broken up into reds, whites, California, Italian etc. It was great and I think it is a wonderful idea. The sushi was also very good (and I am a sushi snob LOL) but we brought our own Sake from home b/c we were told b4 we left that they did not have any on the menu.

MARY!!!!!!

Had dinner with Bob and Rosie first night. All is fantastic. Yesterdays meet and mingle was a lot of laughs and fun making new friends. Bob and I really made a spectacle of ourselves Friday night at the show when the Cruise Director starting picking on us. We had the showroom cracking up!!!

Last night was an entertainment treat. Frankie Lymann, 50's/60's singer, ("Lonely Girl"). He's was a big hit, although the the theater was only 1/2 full due to the rough seas. He shared a lot of personal stories with us and the chills set in when he sang "Lonely Girl" to a standing ovation!

Can't wait to see ya next week!!!:D

Thanks for the review....but hasn't Frankie Lyman been dead for like 40 years:eek: Okay...how much had you drank before the show:confused:

Carolyn, Part Two is in your mailbox. Wish I were going with you on the Crown!!! L.

I just finished reading it, wish we had gone with you.

I wish you were coming on the Crown with us as well!!! I'll email you from the ship.

Ahoy Current Crown Cruisers,

Sorry to hear you are having such rough seas. Soon should be better.

Hang in there. We had one day/night when it was rough, but, sounds like you have it much worse.

Just back myself the day you embarked. Severe PCD (post cruise depression) for me.

We had an awesome cruise. Lived in Crooners. Some of our boys moved up to Skywalkers this cruise. We became quick Brett Cave groupies - if you see him tell him the Golden Girls were asking for him.

Generoso spoiled us wicked bad. Surprises every night with dinner. Never mind the chocolate covered strawberries that arrived pre-dinner for 9 days. Our waiter & Jr waiter (George & George) were phenominal. We hit it off from the very first night. It was most difficult to leave the ship this time.

Hope you have an excellent cruise ;)

Cathy

I was just posting and it went poof.

Carolyn, I think they are talking about crystal parrots.

I was one of the ones under the weather yesterday so I missed our cruise critic meeting. To my fellow Crown Jewels: if you guys are meeting again please let me know and contact me at E419 :D

The ship is BEAUTIFUL. We just went to Vines and did a wine sampling or Flight. They have about 8 different flights broken up into reds, whites, California, Italian etc. It was great and I think it is a wonderful idea. The sushi was also very good (and I am a sushi snob LOL) but we brought our own Sake from home b/c we were told b4 we left that they did not have any on the menu.

thanks for the information on the parrots.

I'm sorry to hear you were one of the people under the weather but I'm glad to see that you're feeling better.

My husband is going to be thrilled to hear about the sushi, thanks for the heads up. We'll have to try one of the flights as well since it's a fun way to try new wines.

Hope now that the seas have calmed down you're able to really enjoy the rest of your cruise. Have fun!

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']I just walked over to the Int Cafe and said hi to both Stefano and Luis for you and they remember you well. they said ah Mr. Bill!! :)[/quote]

[B][COLOR=magenta]Aww! Thanks so much for passing along our hellos to the guys. I think we spent more time at the Int'l Cafe than in our cabin....seriously![/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]Wow, that extra 10% will really make those parrots easier to take home. I have 5 to go before I turn elite....I look forward to that perk. :) BTW, the macaw goes for $925. at Swarovski shops in the US.[/COLOR][/B]

I love rough seas. We had a couple days on the way home in early October.

DH would have really enjoyed seeing Frankie Lyman. He sets the satellite radio station to 50's music to fall asleep. Our cruise had a guy singing Bobby Darin and Frank Sinatra type music. Can't remember his name but I remember him saying he now lives on Statlin Island. We also enjoyed seeing Sarge and many other comedians. It was our first cruise with a different comedian in the Explorers Lounge each night at midnight. We sat there every night for a late night cocktail after the theater show was over.

[quote name='makeup face'][COLOR=darkorchid][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thanks for the review....but hasn't Frankie Lyman been dead for like 40 years:eek: Okay...how much had you drank before the show [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

LMAO!!!:D
You're absolutely right...too much to drink!;)
Entertainer was Eddie Holman.:)
Just wanted to see if you were paying attention!!!LOL:p

Seas are now calm. Had a few hours of sun today, then a little rain towards 4pm. All in all a nice day!

Hi all,
The info on getting receipts is you have to ask. They are not giving them out regularly anymore.

We are currently sailing at 20 knots and the seas are finally smooth. I think the ship handles extremely well for the type of seas we were in.

We sat at the Movies Under The Stars today from 11:00 am until 6:30 watching the Eagles/Jaguars and Broncos/Colts games. It rained on and off all day long while we were outside. But it is warming up quite nicely.

Had the filet tonight in the dining room and Love Boat dream for dessert, unbelievable!!! :D

For those that are wondering about Sarge, I asked Omar Lugo tonight about when he would be back again and he is going to be on sometime during the week on the November 4th cruise. He will leave again after that and be back on again through the end on November at some point, Omar did not know exact dates but that sounds like pretty much it for Sarge on ships for awhile due to his land obligations.

Sorry you had rough seas; we were on the 9/30 cruise and the seas were rough, but it sounds like you had it worse than us. If you see Cornel at the International Cafe, tell him Betty & Ron say hi. You can't miss him, he looks like Andre Agassi. Hope you have smooth sailing for the rest of your cruise. Enjoy the sushi and check Cafe Caribe for lunch when they serve Asian and Chinese, so good.

Colocruiser,

So sorry about the outcome of that Broncos game. I hate Indy. Isn't football on MUTS cool? Make an effort to watch the Monday night game there. One of my all time best cruise memories is watching MNF while sitting in San Juan on 9/25. A great full day in port and an evening chilling out.

Stefano in the International Cafe is great. Got some free gelato and ice cream bon bons. Take the time to catch the entertainers in the piazza. Most of them are very good. Vines is great. Save the money on the maitre'd wine tasting and buy three flights at Vines. Wish we had.

Generosso was very good as was our head waiter Stefano. This was the first of our 11 cruises that the head waiter made an effort to strike up conversation EVERY night. He seemed so appreciative of our tip at the end of the cruise.

We, too, had elevator problems but like you said, never let it ruin a thing. All in all we found the Crown to be outstanding. Very good to great service, really good food, etc. etc.

BTW: If you're going to the Crown Grill be sure to ask for counter seating. It was remarkable watching the chefs at work and we got a couple of "extras" with our meal. The kitchen manager was great to us. Our best EVER alternate dining experience.

Hope you love your cruise. Are you staying extra in NYC afterward?

Bill and Jennifer
Norman, OK

[quote name='tvaud'][B][COLOR=magenta]Jonathan & Patty,[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]DH and I were on the October 9th sailing and all we could talk about by the end of the cruise was, why didn't we book b2b cruises. I miss Stefan in Vines...he was my pre-dinner "date," while Stefano over in the International Cafe was my hubby Bill's all day all night companion....along with Francesco and the rest of the gang there. DH lived at the Int'l Cafe. We miss them all. I hope a few of them will be back on board when we sail on the Crown again in June.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]Hope the seas improve for you. Enjoy and don't stay in the cabin when it's rough. You will feel better off overall.....hang out in the piazza...it's low and centered and the best place to be in rough seas. Eat those apple skins also. :) [/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]Cindra[/COLOR][/B][/quote]

Thanks for all the tips Cindra!
Luckily we handle the rough water well. I grew up on a boat moving from Toronto to FLL over my childhood years and it definitely paid off over those first few days!:)

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']Hi all,
The info on getting receipts is you have to ask. They are not giving them out regularly anymore.

We are currently sailing at 20 knots and the seas are finally smooth. I think the ship handles extremely well for the type of seas we were in.

We sat at the Movies Under The Stars today from 11:00 am until 6:30 watching the Eagles/Jaguars and Broncos/Colts games. It rained on and off all day long while we were outside. But it is warming up quite nicely.

Had the filet tonight in the dining room and Love Boat dream for dessert, unbelievable!!! :D

For those that are wondering about Sarge, I asked Omar Lugo tonight about when he would be back again and he is going to be on sometime during the week on the November 4th cruise. He will leave again after that and be back on again through the end on November at some point, Omar did not know exact dates but that sounds like pretty much it for Sarge on ships for awhile due to his land obligations.[/quote]

THANKS COLO CRUISER! Sounds like all of us on the Nov. 4th cruise got lucky in the case of seeing Sarge! Heard from so many that he is very funny! Thanks for checking on that!:D

Archived