Live from the Crown 10/27/06

Colo Cruiser

:) Hey all, arrived in New York JFK at 6:30 am (red eye) yesterday (Fri) took a car service (Arecibo) to the pier $35 and hit heavy rush hour traffic arriving at around 7:45. Checked bags at 9:30 and was first in line for checkin which started at around 10:45. Waited in the Platinum/Elite lounge until allowed to board the ship at 11:30.

Went straight to our Aloha Deck balcony cabin and dropped off the carry ons. We went to the Michaelangelo dining room for lunch and ate there as they had several TA group luncheons going on. Little known secret as we walked in and the Maitre'D Sergio allowed us to eat lunch. We were the only ones on that side of the dining room. Never did see anyone sit on our side. They were directing all the groups to the other side. I like the buffet but much prefer to eat in the dining room. Had the Chateaubriand and it was delicious with Petit Fours for dessert and a cup of coffee.

Had a chilly and blustery sailaway, with lots of clouds. Watched the Statue Of Liberty from the Horizon Court while munching on Lobster Claws as we sailed out.

Received our bags at around 3:00, unpacked and went to 4:00 pm muster in the Explorer's Lounge. It was painless. Had a phone message waiting in the cabin from Maitre'D Generoso Mazzone welcoming us onboard and letting me know that we were assigned to a table for 8 in traditional/late Bottechelli with Generoso as our Maitre'D. Within the hour he had sent some choclate covered strawberries to the cabin which were devoured immediately. Slept like a baby last night even through rough seas with 50 plus knot winds.

Went and saw "Sarge" welcome aboard show at 10:30 pm in the Princess Theater. He is hilarious as always.

Hit the sack around 12:30 as we had been up since 7:00 Thursday morning.

Ship is spotless and the staff are fantastic.

I will check back soon. :)

Thanks Colo Cruiser my mom and dad are on your sailing heard from them last night after you all sailed away but not today. I was wondering how much the ship rocked last night because she said the captain came on the PA and said there would be rough seas. Thanks for the update.

Vicki

Hey Colo Cruiser! Happy that you are posting! Like Willysgrandma, we will also be on the Crown next Saturday! You mentioned you are on the Aloha deck in a balcony cabin...we will be too! Do you mind telling us what cabin you are in and can you find out if Sarge will be there for next week's cruise also? Hope you have a perfect cruise!:D

Hey everyone, I thought we were through the worst of the rough seas and we even had a fantastic sunset, but the wind picked up and is gusting to 45 knots now. It is actually worse then it was last night and the ship continues to rock and roll. The stabilizers have been in use since last night. There is some talk that tomorrow may be as bad as well. Nothing that can't be handled though. It was a lazy day at sea today, as I had to catch up on sleep last night from the red eye flight.

The elevators continue to be a problem on the ship though, and 2-3 of the aft bank were out of service today. I think since boarding I have only ridden the elevator twice. The atruim ones are also out periodicly as well.

I have faith that they will get the problems fixed eventually.

So I use the stairs a lot more. Remember don't sweat the small stuff. I know this is a big thing for some people but it would take a lot more to ruin any of my cruises. ;)

Food, ate late breakfast/lunch today in the Horizon Court. I had the coffee there and though not great it was fine for me. For dinner in Bottichelli I had Escargot/French onion soup/Sirloin/ and of course my usual little birthday cake with decaf, which is good for me as well. The DW is feeling the movement tonight and left dinner early as well as several other passengers.

Tina we are in Aloha-610.

Have a great rest of the night. :)

Thanks so much for posting!! I board on Saturday!

Did Generoso contact you because you knew him from other cruises? or because you are Elite? I am wondering because I am Elite and am trying to be seated with some of my friends who were confirmed for late seating. I am still waitlisted! :eek: I am hoping that I can be seated with my buddies!

Colo Cruiser,

Missed ya at the sail away. Thought maybe you were among the missing due either to the rough seas or the fact that the elevators were out. Hmmmmm:confused:

Well, the meet and greet was a success regardless of the bad weather. There were quite a few that didn't make it due to illness. The ship was has been rockin, rollin, banging and twisting since Friday night. Yesterday was bad. Not many moving about the ship as it was dificult to manuver. Most of the activities planned inside were sparsely attended and even the crew looked a bit off color. Most conveyed to me that it is almost always rough going in and out of NY, but this trip was extraordinary.

Last night was by far the worst. Even a little scary. I've been on worse, but that feeling never goes away! This morning is still rough, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. I suspect more will be moving around, but still some will be staying put in there cabins!

The ship itself is absolutely beautiful. The food so far fantastic. I love the International Cafe! The crew is terrific. I'm so happy now that I'm here for the B2B.

To all the 11/04 cruisers joining us next week...I THINK YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see you all!!:D :D :D :D

Everyone's hiding from Poops and I recommend you do the same next week. The guy is frightening!!!

Sitting in the cafe with friends that surprised me with their presence on board and we haven't stopped laughing together. The entire group that I've met is fantastic.

Looks like today could possibly shape up to be a partly sunny day, but we're going to make the best of it!!!

WAY TO GO PRINCESS!!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!

We've got plenty of time to investigate any inqueries, so if you have any questions, we'll be glad to investigate!!!

Have a great day everyone...I know we will!!!:D

Jonathan & Patty

Our surprise worked and we were able to surprise partyboy and Bobr. they didn't know we were coming since wewere incognito as twoifbysea2006.

Having a great time and other than the seas the cruise is great have met several old friends both staff and cruisers. Looking forward to a better day today as rthe seas have started to calm down. Food and service is great and some of the new amenities on this ship have to be experienced to beleive.

Off to breakfast and then trivia.

will post back and keep everyone aware of the popps/poops alerts.

Having bad seas only makes you appreciate the warm, calm Carribean sea. Things will get better. These rough days will add to your future stories of this cruise.

We are mostly packed and ready to go. Without question we will see you all next Saturday. Have a slow week, drink and laugh as much as you can, but please don't wear yourselves out before we get there.

"Smilin_Bob was here" look for it

Smiley.png.634caf3066b4596cd3623b80dd21fdee.png

MARY!!!!!!

Had dinner with Bob and Rosie first night. All is fantastic. Yesterdays meet and mingle was a lot of laughs and fun making new friends. Bob and I really made a spectacle of ourselves Friday night at the show when the Cruise Director starting picking on us. We had the showroom cracking up!!!

Last night was an entertainment treat. Frankie Lymann, 50's/60's singer, ("Lonely Girl"). He's was a big hit, although the the theater was only 1/2 full due to the rough seas. He shared a lot of personal stories with us and the chills set in when he sang "Lonely Girl" to a standing ovation!

Can't wait to see ya next week!!!:D

Sounds like you are all having fun despite the rough seas, glad to hear it. Now, are you still saving some of the liquor for those of us joining you on the 4th or is there going to be not be a martini to be had?!!!

Hope you move into some calmer seas very soon and are able to enjoy the rest of your time on the Crown.

Hi there ColoCruiser! Glad you made it to NYC and onto the ship okay, and that she's living up to your great memories of your first cruise aboard her. Sorry, however, to hear about the weather conditions. I know rough seas can make having fun a bit more of a challenge - and sorry to hear that Tamie was feeling the effects! Hope she's feeling better now!

Thanks for the live update, and keep them coming!!! And don't forget to tell Generoso I'll be bringing him your best wishes in January. Wish we could have arranged traditional seating, but traveling with a group it's always hard to nail everyone down! But I'll still be sure to come by and tell him hi!! :)

The ship itself is absolutely beautiful. The food so far fantastic. I love the International Cafe! The crew is terrific. I'm so happy now that I'm here for the B2B.

Jonathan & Patty

Jonathan & Patty,

DH and I were on the October 9th sailing and all we could talk about by the end of the cruise was, why didn't we book b2b cruises. I miss Stefan in Vines...he was my pre-dinner "date," while Stefano over in the International Cafe was my hubby Bill's all day all night companion....along with Francesco and the rest of the gang there. DH lived at the Int'l Cafe. We miss them all. I hope a few of them will be back on board when we sail on the Crown again in June.

Hope the seas improve for you. Enjoy and don't stay in the cabin when it's rough. You will feel better off overall.....hang out in the piazza...it's low and centered and the best place to be in rough seas. Eat those apple skins also. :)

Cindra

Last night was an entertainment treat. Frankie Lymann, 50's/60's singer, ("Lonely Girl"). He's was a big hit, although the the theater was only 1/2 full due to the rough seas. He shared a lot of personal stories with us and the chills set in when he sang "Lonely Girl" to a standing ovation!

Can't wait to see ya next week!!!:D

Wow, that must have been one hellava show since Frankie Lymon has been dead since 1968...drug overdose. Are you sure you didn't mean Eddie Holman who had the 1970 hit "Hey There Lonely Girl?" Or was this person just an impersonator? I'm curious now...LOL.

Hi all!

We're having a blast in spite of the rough seas which really seem fine now. The sun is out, we've been in the hot tubs a few times, and in our inside cabin we've been sleeping like logs - love it!

The rough seas evidently caused some damage to the fitness room because it has been closed this am. So we jogged on the jogging track and it was great! They announced that they think they'll have the room reopened before the end of the day.

This is my first time on a ship that has the Cafe Caribe and I love it! The seafood on the first night was great!

Like Partyboy said, the halls are pretty empty still and we certainly had no trouble finding a lounge in our choice of locations.

Will try to check back later too...

Jamie, we know Generoso from previous cruises.

Cindra, you didn't leave me any parrot's!!! :eek:

The shop is sold out of them.

Guess I will have to book another cruise to pick them up. :D

Party Boy, sorry we didn't make the meeting, but we are here now. ;)

I am looking at the swells outside the window, and they are still big, the stabilizers are working not stop. You can here the grinding in the water as they adjust the position of the ship.

As soon as we boarded we came across Captain Andy in the atrium. He seems much more relaxed now that the crazy summer of events are over with.

I went to DaVinci this morning for breakfast. much more relaxed for me then the HC.

Another lazy day at sea for us.

Lisa (cruise staff) just came on the PA to advise that all saftey repairs have been made to the Gym area after the rough last day at sea. (ceiling tiles fell again) and other things that I have not heard about.

Have a great day and I will check in later. :)

Esther I saw that you were here at the same time I was but when I called your name someone told me that you already left.

Oh yeah BRONCO'S and COLTS on MUTS this afternoon, should be neat!!!

Cindra, you didn't leave me any parrot's!!! :eek:

The shop is sold out of them.

Guess I will have to book another cruise to pick them up. :D

I can't believe they didn't restock in between cruises! :eek: The ship definitely has the best price....along with the 20% discount they offered. I've been pricing it all over and the ship's price was the lowest by over $100. Oh, when we went to buy it, other passengers had all of the parrots on hold, but no one came back to get them, so we were lucky to get one of those on the last day...check back. Make nice with the shopgirl...she may find you one after all. ;)

Cindra

PS: Tell Stefano in the International Cafe that Bill, from 2 cruises ago, wants his coffee.;)

I can't believe they didn't restock in between cruises! :eek: The ship definitely has the best price....along with the 20% discount they offered. I've been pricing it all over and the ship's price was the lowest by over $100. Oh, when we went to buy it, other passengers had all of the parrots on hold, but no one came back to get them, so we were lucky to get one of those on the last day...check back. Make nice with the shopgirl...she may find you one after all. ;)

Cindra

PS: Tell Stefano in the International Cafe that Bill, from 2 cruises ago, wants his coffee.;)

They have the Toucan left but that is it. It is a great price and I can add another 10% to that for Elite.

I will touch base with Stefano when I leave here.

Archived