Live from the Crown 10/27/06

Colo Cruiser

[quote]For those that are wondering about Sarge, I asked Omar Lugo tonight about when he would be back again and he is going to be on sometime during the week on the November 4th cruise.[/quote]

Thanks for the update! Now we know to be looking out for him in Patters!

Hello there

Thanks for the info that you were able to give about the ship. Being a new ship everybody is always wondering what its like. We will be sailing outta San Juan and I was wondering if anybody would know if they would be doing the life jacket lesson before or after we sail, as we dont leave until 11:00pm.
Actually any info you can give about the movies, right down to the food will be of interest to all I would think. It seems as it gets closer your imagination runs and you read the boards more looking to see what everybody else has to say about their trip. :D

[quote name='TinaLee']Keith - was Generoso on Caribbean Princess in April?[/quote]

Tina I think he was but not exactly sure, I know he flew to Italy shorly after that to join the Crown.

As stated above the sea are much smoother today and it is getting very hot now.

Just came back from the most traveled passenger luncheon, little guy from Wales with over 800 sea days :eek: was tops. The food was absolutley incredible there with a seafood medley for the appetizer and the Hailbut for the main course.

The dessert was a sailboat in which the sail was made out of a wafer type material and the rigging was a candided looking "&" music note? I can't remember the name of it from music class, so long ago.

Which reminds me of a story along the line of (TVAUD) Cindras Voodoo woman she encountered aboard the Crown on her trip. As we were sitting in the Platinum/Elite lounge at the pier awaiting embarkation 2 rather manly/buff looking women came in and sat down. Innocent looking at first but shortly after they arrived someone opened the door to the boarding area and one of these two manly duo ran and I mean ran toward the door bowling over several people in an attempt to be the first in line. :eek: I could not believe it!!
Then she started pushing and shoving her way through the door and over to the photographer. Man how rude!! :rolleyes:

Needless to say they were hung up in the long line and I just chuckled.
Guess you had to be there.

Our last day at sea today before our intensive 4 days of port stops.

St Thomas
St Kitts
Domenica
Antigua

I think that is the order.

Well have a great day and I will check back soon. :)

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']Tina I think he was but not exactly sure, I know he flew to Italy shorly after that to join the Crown.

As stated above the sea are much smoother today and it is getting very hot now.

Just came back from the most traveled passenger luncheon, little guy from Wales with over 800 sea days :eek: was tops. The food was absolutley incredible there with a seafood medley for the appetizer and the Hailbut for the main course.

The dessert was a sailboat in which the sail was made out of a wafer type material and the rigging was a candided looking "&" music note? I can't remember the name of it from music class, so long ago.

Which reminds me of a story along the line of (TVAUD) Cindras Voodoo woman she encountered aboard the Crown on her trip. As we were sitting in the Platinum/Elite lounge at the pier awaiting embarkation 2 rather manly/buff looking women came in and sat down. Innocent looking at first but shortly after they arrived someone opened the door to the boarding area and one of these two manly duo ran and I mean ran toward the door bowling over several people in an attempt to be the first in line. :eek: I could not believe it!!
Then she started pushing and shoving her way through the door and over to the photographer. Man how rude!! :rolleyes:

Needless to say they were hung up in the long line and I just chuckled.
Guess you had to be there.
:)[/quote]

Colo! Ya know, your funny story (as I count the days, minutes, and seconds until we board this coming Saturday) is one of many reasons that I love to travel...cruise in particular! People watching is one of my favorite passtimes.....
I'll bet you did chuckle at those two's "Moral of the storey" for them. I TRY to always remember....
It's a vacation...chill out, enjoy the WHOLE vacation experience. AND What goes around, comes around!

Thanks again for your ironic observation!:)

6 DAYS BEFORE THE CROWN!!!!!! Whoo-HOOOOOO

[quote name='partyboy']LMAO!!!:D
You're absolutely right...too much to drink!;)
Entertainer was Eddie Holman.:)
Just wanted to see if you were paying attention!!!LOL:p

Seas are now calm. Had a few hours of sun today, then a little rain towards 4pm. All in all a nice day![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"] Hey.........just as long as you had a good time:) [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']

:)[/quote]

I think you mean treble clef right?

Sounds like a lovely luncheon. One of these day, it will be a long time from now though, I'd love to be invited to one of those lunches.

Colo Cruiser,

I am hoping to be invited to the most traveled passenger lunch while I am on board!! Do you know approximately how many days people had at your luncheon?? I realize that every sailing is different -- just trying to get an idea. I too am Elite but just made that milestone so I don't have tons of days!

Thanks!! Loving your posts!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='patross']TinaLee
A friend of mine was on the Caribbean Princess BTB April 29-May 13. Generosa was on the first week of their cruise, and left on May 6 for Europe.[/quote]

Thanks! We were on the April 29th cruise as well, and I thought I remembered him saying he was getting off at the end of our cruise, but I just wasn't sure! :)

Jamie,

I am just back from the Crown 10/18-27. We had 59 Elite onboard.
The most travelled pax was a TA who had over 800 sea days too :eek:
Then was 700 & 500 something for 2nd & 3rd place.
I thought with my 256 I was good -wrong.

HOPE you get invited to the luncheon.
In one of the early Patters there was a notice to stop & register if you had over 150 sea days.

ENJOY your cruise

Cathy

[quote name='TorontoTL']I think you mean treble clef right?.[/quote]

You are so right, see I don't remember anything from school music class days. :p

I don't know what the break down was on the sea days, only that the little guy from Wales had over 800. There was about 35 other people at the luncheon and with my 305 sea days I still ended up at the 3rd table out of 8 with the Chief Engineer.

We saw Sarge at the early show 7:00pm and I was in tears and my side aches from laughing so much. His show lasted 1 hour and 5 minutes!! I don't care how many times I see him he is still hilarious. :D

Cruise Directer Omar Lugo told me that he will be on the Crown all the time now instead of James Lay.

It was Italian night tonight and I had the Flambayed (sp?) Shrimp and the Pork Loin, with tiarmisu for dessert, and don't forget the lemonchello, as usual excellent. Also polished off a bottle of Asti. I am not a big wine drinker.

Also watched part of Monday Night Football on MUTS tonight. It is pretty neat but very loud. They do need to turn it down a notch.

We arrive in St Thomas at 7:00 tomorrow and picking up one of the dockside tour people for an island tour instead of a ship tour since our Full Day Sail to St John was cancelled again (also on the July cruise). Guess it just was not meant to be.

Seas are pretty smooth and there is a half moon out shining on the water, beautiful!!

Have a great night and I will check back in tomorrow. :)

Enjoying your posts, thanks for taking the time to keep in touch with all of us envying you from home!! If you get a chance, could you possibly try to find out where James Lay will be assigned ?? We were on the 8/25 cruise and liked him, but I know he got a lot of criticism here on the boards, most of it unfounded, at least in my opinion.

Good evening everyone, enjoyed a great day in St Thomas, we took the Sunny Liston tour for the day and were picked up at the Crown Bay dock at 10:00 am. We had 2 hours of shopping downtown, an island tour to the Mountain Top stores and senic overlook, and 3 hours at Sapphire Beach. It was very nice. The beach is clean and the water is beautiful and warm. $25 PP. The guy gives a great tour and a very happy person. :)

Headed back to the ship at 5:00 pm. We were supposed to set sail at 6:00 pm but were delayed until 7:15 waiting for stragglers and some other unknown problem. We only have 130 miles to go to Antigua for tomorrow.

We ate at the Crown Grill tonight with 6 others in our group. It was fantastic as usual. I had a pot of steamed mussels, the Live Maine Lobster with an 8 ounce filet. Plus finished off DW's 12 ounce Brazilian lobster tail as well. Had the Molten Fudge dessert. I needed a wheel chair to leave the restaurant. Went up to MUTS to watch Pirates of the Caribbean (deadmans chest). It has been raining on and off tonight so eventualy had to move inside.

The moon is out again for now.

I agree with those who say Crown Bay is bad, it is far from downtown, there is a battle going on outside the gates between the independant taxi's and the police. We saw several drivers being given warnings by the police to clear the area or have their vehicle impounded, as only certain taxis are allowed inside the pier area. The shops still stand empty even though they were completed a year ago. The shop owners will not move from Havensight, and even though on days that there will be no ships at Havensight Princess will still dock at Crown Bay. There are no facilities and it does not look like there will be any in the near future.

You can walk downtown but as stated before it is a 30-45 minute walk (3 miles) through industrial and other not so nice areas. You will also be hounded every 10 feet by the cabs that come by looking to try and take people downtown.

Anyhoo take it for what it is worth, this is just my opinion. Nothing particular planned for tomorrow maybe just head to the beach again.

Have a great night everyone. :)

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']We ate at the Crown Grill tonight with 6 others in our group. It was fantastic as usual. I had a pot of steamed mussels, the Live Maine Lobster with an 8 ounce filet. Plus finished off DW's 12 ounce Brazilian lobster tail as well. Had the Molten Fudge dessert. I needed a wheel chair to leave the restaurant. [/quote]

[B][COLOR=magenta]Ah yes, I too needed assistance leaving the Crown Grill. We were absolutely stuffed after our meal there. We both chose the porterhouse steaks which were larger than the plates! They just kept bringing us food...lobster tails, shrimp. DH asked them to add garlic to the red skinned mashed potatoes and they were mouth watering. I wanted a serious doggy bag. For dessert, I chose the sampler, but decided afterwards that the molten fudge soufle was the best thing on the plate.(the dining room could take a lesson on how a soufle should be prepared from the Crown Grill, as theirs was too dry inside) Next time, I'll know to order the full sized portion. Yum! [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=magenta][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=magenta]Will you also go to Sabatini's?? If so, watch out for waiter Sebastian. He kisses everyone at the table...including the men!:eek: [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]...just kidding.:) BTW, I recommend the veal chop there.[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#ff00ff]Cindra[/COLOR][/B]

[quote]Good evening everyone, enjoyed a great day in St Thomas, we took the Sunny Liston tour for the day and were picked up at the Crown Bay dock at 10:00 am. We had 2 hours of shopping downtown, an island tour to the Mountain Top stores and senic overlook, and 3 hours at Sapphire Beach. It was very nice. The beach is clean and the water is beautiful and warm. $25 PP. The guy gives a great tour and a very happy person. :)
[/quote]

Colo Cruiser: Did The Sunny Liston tour include snorkeling at Sapphire Beach? If not, was snorkeling equipment available to rent on your own?

Dear Kind Friend...

I need a huge favor from you and/or your DW... I know it will be a hardship, but do you think one of you could order the Love Boat Dream for dessert, do a taste test, and report back? Rumor has it that the LBD on Star Princess was practically inedible! :eek: Wondering if this is a fleet-wide change or a freak occurrence!!!

Glad you're having such a good time. I'm really enjoying your updates! :)

Thanks for the updates!

I can see that the speciality restaurants can be a hit...we never tried them on our first cruise because we had such a great time with our dining mates in 2nd seating traditional. So I'm hesitant to try them this time around.

Do I hope for bad tablemates so I don't feel like I'm missing out if I try the Crown Grill, or do I just keep with eating at my regular sitting? Decisions decisions.

Have a great cruise.

[quote name='Canuck Cruzer']Thanks for the updates!

I can see that the speciality restaurants can be a hit...we never tried them on our first cruise because we had such a great time with our dining mates in 2nd seating traditional. So I'm hesitant to try them this time around.

Do I hope for bad tablemates so I don't feel like I'm missing out if I try the Crown Grill, or do I just keep with eating at my regular sitting? Decisions decisions.

Have a great cruise.[/quote]

Why not invite your tablemates to join you in the specialty restaurant? :) Just be sure to warn your waiter in advance!!

[quote name='sunprincess']Jamie,

I am just back from the Crown 10/18-27. We had 59 Elite onboard.
The most travelled pax was a TA who had over 800 sea days too :eek:
Then was 700 & 500 something for 2nd & 3rd place.
I thought with my 256 I was good -wrong.

HOPE you get invited to the luncheon.
In one of the early Patters there was a notice to stop & register if you had over 150 sea days.

ENJOY your cruise

Cathy[/QUOTE]
Cathy,

Many thanks for the info!! Sadly I only have 118 days at sea. I recently became Elite. But I can always hope that there aren't many Elite on one of my cruises!! :D

Colo Cruiser -

We're on the 11/11 sailing of the Crown and are planning on doing the Trunk Bay snorkeling ShorEx in the AM. The ship is docked from 7-5 or so, but the excurson only lasts until noon.

Once we're back to the boat, we were thinking about grabbing a bite to eat and heading back into St Thomas for shopping.

Is it easy to catch a cab from the pier to the shopping area? Any input on best places to go and how much it might cost? No particular items we're looking for - just good deals!

Enjoying your posts - much appreciated!

Archived