Live from the Crown 10/27/06

Colo Cruiser

[quote name='booklover63']Colo Cruiser: Did The Sunny Liston tour include snorkeling at Sapphire Beach? If not, was snorkeling equipment available to rent on your own?[/quote]

Hi, you have to bring your own snorkel equipment, Sunny does not provide any, we brought ours (just mask and snoklel). There is a small store at the beach where you can purchase a mask and fins but they are a very cheap quality. I don't know if they rent there or not. :)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]I guess by now you all know that we had to leave the ship in St. Thomas. Something happened to Avis when we were shopping downtown, not sure exactly what yet, but 911 called and we went to ER and Avis ended up spending the night on one of those awful gurnies. the neurologist felt it best we leave the ship and get home as soon as possible. Princess was wonderful and took me and luggage back to the hospital and then when Avis was not ready for discharge from hospital they took my luggage to the hotel. THANKS NOMIE, LINDA AND GAIL AND MIKE FOR HELPING ME PACK IN SUCH SHORT NOTICE...XOXOXXO have fun with the booze...lol we got a flight out of St. Thomas at 4:40 on American to San Juan and San Juan to Dulles arriving at 9:35 tonight. We will miss you all, but this is for the best and we will have other cruises to travel together with. Sell the rest of those pins Linda, the money is for a good cause and now more than ever.......i'll write more when I can.....hugs, to all Patricia and Avis[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='TinaLee']Dear Kind Friend...

I need a huge favor from you and/or your DW... I know it will be a hardship, but do you think one of you could order the Love Boat Dream for dessert, do a taste test, and report back? Rumor has it that the LBD on Star Princess was practically inedible! :eek: Wondering if this is a fleet-wide change or a freak occurrence!!!

Glad

Tina, I had it 2 nights ago and it was wonderful, but... I did order it on board the Sapphire in March and it was like a hockey puck. :eek:

I don't think they planned it that way.

[quote name='DNCButler']Colo Cruiser, can you tell me if Sunny Liston picked you up inside or outside of the gates? Also, what type of vehicle did they use? Was it a/c or open? Thanks![/quote]

Sunny will pick you up outside the dock gate but inside the main gate to the facility. I misunderstood his e-mail and walked right past him to the main street outside the main gate. I had another taxi driver call him to let him know where I was.
He drives a large Ford open air safari type truck with a roof. It hol;d 25 people.
He also has another smaller truck that holds 9. :)

Sunny will pick you up outside the dock gate but inside the main gate to the facility. I misunderstood his e-mail and walked right past him to the main street outside the main gate. I had another taxi driver call him to let him know where I was.

He drives a large Ford open air safari type truck with a roof. It hol;d 25 people.

He also has another smaller truck that holds 9. :)

Thanks for the info! I'm still trying to find someone with a van type vehicle with a/c for my husband who is disabled.

Glad you are having such a great time! I'm looking forward to all your posts! :D

Colo Cruiser -

We're on the 11/11 sailing of the Crown and are planning on doing the Trunk Bay snorkeling ShorEx in the AM. The ship is docked from 7-5 or so, but the excurson only lasts until noon.

Once we're back to the boat, we were thinking about grabbing a bite to eat and heading back into St Thomas for shopping.

Is it easy to catch a cab from the pier to the shopping area? Any input on best places to go and how much it might cost? No particular items we're looking for - just good deals!

Enjoying your posts - much appreciated!

Yes there are plenty of cabs both inside and outside the gate.

The deals in St Thomas are not like they used to be. If you are looking for something in particular do your homework before you leave and compare when you arrive.

Downtown Charlote Amalie (St Thomas is your best bet).

Dear Colo cruiser,

Hope you are enjoying your cruise. I was on the 9/3 sailing . Can you do me a favor. Can you find out Cameron's last name and how to write him.

Thank you

Much appreciated:)

Heidi

Cameron Neil. There is an e-mail address for the ship but I am not exactly sure what it is.

Maybe someone else can help you with that. :)

Tina, I had it 2 nights ago and it was wonderful, but... I did order it on board the Sapphire in March and it was like a hockey puck. :eek:

I don't think they planned it that way.

Thanks Keith - they said on the Star the texture was all wrong, very rubbery and gelatin-like (the yin to the yang of your hockey puck) - LOL! I'm hoping it was just a bad night in the kitchen and it will be as great as I remember on Crown in January.... not that I won't be able to find something else if push comes to shove. ;)

Have you visited the International Cafe at all??

The cruise so far has been wonderful, and everything couldn't be better. Hooked up with a lot of old friends and have been having a ball. Went to Turner's beach yesterday and it was wonderful, lots of fun and beer was had by all.word to the wise if your going to taxi, find someone to go with you price is by taxi not passenger, the more you put into the cab the less you pay per person. Today is a rest day we're gonna try the sanctuary, will let you know how it is.

We thought the GP was teriffic but didn't get to see alot of the shows.

How's the seating for the theatre? I head that they don't have enough seats???

Thanks.

We have been to the theatre for many shows and have never had a problem getting a seat, just make sure you get to the show at least 10 to 15 minutes b4 the show starts.

Dear Canadian Princess,

Thank you very much, I like to keep correspondance with people I meet from different parts of the world. I like to learn about their lives and find that there are alot of things you can share from experiece. Like talking to you as well.

Heidi:)

Colo cruiser.....as you all know by now we had to leave the ship for medical emergency for my husband Avis. I was in charge of our pins and I remember that you all had not gotten your pins. Please see Linda----run4fun and now cruisin'trip as I left all the pins with her for 10/27 week and the 11/4 week.

Anybody else reading this and if you had not gotten your pins, please see Linda as she was going to take over for me. There were a lot of extras and please pass the word around that if anybody wants a pin see Linda. All of the extra pin money is going to a cancer charity. Please do it for Avis. We both thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts for all your prayers, thoughts and concerns. A big hug to all of you....Patricia

Hey all I am still here just way busy in the last 2 days. We took the sailaway to Nevis today with snorkling and a BBQ lunch on the beach through the ship. Great tour it waitlisted fast so if anyone is thinking about booking this on an upcoming cruise dont wait too long.

Had the farewell dinner tonight with the baked Alaska parade (only in traditional) So sad it is over so fast. Seems like we just got on.

Patricia we never hooked up with Linda. Give our best to Avis and hope everything turns out OK.

Other then the 3 days at sea we had perfect weather this whole cruise and no missed ports.

Talk to you all soon, we are hitting the sack. :)

Archived