Wishing All Thanksgiving Wishes To Our Cruise Critic Family..........

ESLO

Happy ThanksGiving Day 2006

May youall have a Great Thanksgiving Day. It is a Wonderful Family Dutch American observed and celebrated Holiday created by our President Abraham Lincoln.

Thanksgiving and Holland America, Americans and Hollanders Perfect Together...

btn_halmariner200x186.gif.98bac13aac47b6a4ca880c908fb53725.gif

HAPPY THANKGIVING and I wish everybody a safe holiday!!

Dear earl_m,

We Also Wish Seasonal Greetings From The Country Below.

Unfortuately, we are experiencing weather today that you would be use to at this time, but we will not allow it to DAMPEN our festivities.

PS..... I Wonder If They Are Going To Serve Turkey On Cruiseships Today? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Oh Well.......................................

I want to send my very best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family. This really is a day to give thanks for all we have and enjoy.

I always consider Thanksgiving the beginning of the wonderful Holiday season that includes holidays for so many people around the world. So I especially hope for everyone a wonderful season.

One of the things I'm grateful for is the many friends I have met here. Thank you everyone:)

Very nice sentiments, but is the Cruise Critic board exclusively for people who celebrate Thanksgiving?

Nope...

...it's open to Buddists too.

;)

I'm most thankful for the fun and friendship but also the support of my CC friends here throughout this difficult past year.

Thanks for this thread ELSO.

May all, regardless of creed, have a Blessed day of Thanks.

[Pity party] Today my peace was strained when someone tried to steal my car out of my own drive way. They used a crowbar, trying to pry open the passenger door, shattering the window in the process. The alarm went off and they were spooked away ... thankfully, they didn't get my car. However, this has destroyed the joy of Thanksgiving for me (my favorite non-Church holiday) and dashed my excitement over my plans to travel to the Holy Land. Yes, on Monday I fly to Israel for a mission trip and now I have the concern of getting my car repaired when I get home. :(

I'm not feel very thankful right now.[/Pity party]

Happy Thanksgiving to all on this board. It has been a joy to come here often to share not only cruise info, but many times a smile or great laugh. (For some this past year, those laughs were treasured through some difficult days.)

I hope all of you had a wonderful day--filled with family, friends and joy.

[Pity party] Today my peace was strained when someone tried to steal my car out of my own drive way. They used a crowbar, trying to pry open the passenger door, shattering the window in the process. The alarm went off and they were spooked away ... thankfully, they didn't get my car. However, this has destroyed the joy of Thanksgiving for me (my favorite non-Church holiday) and dashed my excitement over my plans to travel to the Holy Land. Yes, on Monday I fly to Israel for a mission trip and now I have the concern of getting my car repaired when I get home. :(

I'm not feel very thankful right now.[/Pity party]

Aww - Greg...

At least you can leave your car at the repair shop and let them fix it while you're gone.

Please have a safe trip to Israel.

Aww - Greg...

At least you can leave your car at the repair shop and let them fix it while you're gone.

Please have a safe trip to Israel.

Thanks Brian ... I appreciate the sympathy. I had estimates taken today. It's amazing how such a tiny amount of damage (not counting the window) can cost so dam much. And ... unfortunately ... I can't leave it with them while I'm gone. I'll be out of the country until Wednesday, December 6 ... that's a week and a half ... they're not going to want to hold the car that long. But, at least everything is now arranged and will be taken care of when I get home.

As for a safe trip to Israel ... I plan on it. :)

Sadly ... today I've received word that I'm going to have to cancel the cruise from Hong Kong to Osaka and then on the Vancouver next April/May. I just can't be out of the country for that month ... not with me moving in June. :( That's unfortunate, but not to be helped ... and when the Bishop gives an order, those of us who wear the collar have to say "Yes sir." It's the price that comes with the vestments.

Christopher and I are looking at shorter, and closer to home, itineraries that don't conflict with other set engagements and duties that I have in March and April. I can be gone a week to 10 day ... but not a whole month. Thoughts? I'm looking at the Ryndam and a Sea of Cortez Cruise. :)

We hope everyone has at least one more thing than last year to be thankful for, and one fewer thing to regret.

RevNeal:

So sorry to hear about having to cancel your cruises. Part of the "family" spirit here is the ability to live 'vicar'iously through one anothers cruises!

Have a great holiday season y'all.

Mark & Carolyn

RevNeal:

So sorry to hear about having to cancel your cruises. Part of the "family" spirit here is the ability to live 'vicar'iously through one anothers cruises!

Thank you so much! The good news is that my cruise on the Noordam in January is a GO. And, while we're going to have to cancel the Statendam next spring (and do that cruise some later year), we WILL take a cruise (a shorter one and closer to home) in March or April. Don't know which, yet. Right now I'm leaning to the Ryndam

Very nice sentiments, but is the Cruise Critic board exclusively for people who celebrate Thanksgiving?

Are you offended by the Thanksgiving theme of this thread? Surely it must be apparent that CC is open to all...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]Ximinez:[/B] NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!
[To Cardinal Biggles] I can't say it - you'll have to say it.
[B]Biggles:[/B] What?
[B]Ximinez:[/B] You'll have to say the bit about 'Our chief weapons are ...'
[B]Biggles:[/B] [rather horrified]: I couldn't do that...:

[B]Ximinez:[/B] Fear, surprise, and a most ruthless-- [controls himself with a supreme effort] Ooooh! Now, Cardinal -- the rack!

[Biggles produces a plastic-coated dish-drying rack. Ximinez looks at it and clenches his teeth in an effort not to lose control. He hums heavily to cover his anger]
D :D :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived