What is your favorite spot at Labadee?

scubapuss

The beach at the Dragons Breath-when you tender in,walk staight into the middle,and take the free shuttle to the beach-Dragons Breath and beach are to the far left-there is a free shuttle that goes from the Aqua park on the extreme right all the way to Dragons Breath-there are also numerous beaches in between-on our visit on Nov.6,they fed everyone at each beach areaa

great BBQ lunch.

We enjoyed sitting under a tree on the north shore last week. It was very hot and the breeze off the water was refreshing.

Unfortunately we were unable to find a place with a breeze where we couldn't hear that sound system pounding out that very loud kiddie music.

I love the private island/beach days

We hung at Barefoot Beach (once off the tender, walk straight passed the band and then hang a left). It was like a little lagoon area, with a gorgeous view of the boat. Up to the right was the covered area where they had masages, and if you go into the water and walk to the left, there's all beautiful rocks, shells, and animal life to discover. :)

The Labadee cruise map shows several of the beach areas, although I don't have Dragon's Breath beach on there. Is it near Dragon's Rock lookout?

Theron

Thanks for posting the site of Labadee. I had no idea it was as large as it is, and didn't realize they shuttled you around. Looking forward to my first visit there in June.

Thanks for posting the site of Labadee. I had no idea it was as large as it is, and didn't realize they shuttled you around. Looking forward to my first visit there in June.

You can walk from one end to the other in under ten minutes but let me add my vote to the beach at dragon's rock (or just to the left before you get there). The first beach off the tenders is so crowded, you can barely see the water. At the other end, you would never know a cruise ship had just belched thousands of people onto the shores.

Of course, the other option is to stay onboard as everyone else disembarks and have your choice of pool chairs...

Well, this has been a helpful thread. We booked the Waverunners (doubt my wife will do that again!) and pretty much hung around the Columbus Cove area. I didn't know the other areas existed, with the exception of the shops. I won't go back to the shops again. Men were grabbing my wife and pulling her into their shops in a manner that would get them arrested here in the state. Very uncomfortable.

To TP Keller,

On your map directly right of the outdoor/indoor flea market is the Artesian Market-its all indoors and alot less hassle-they have a great selection of hand crafted items and unique souvenirs-all without the feeling of being mugged

To TP Keller,

On your map directly right of the outdoor/indoor flea market is the Artesian Market-its all indoors and alot less hassle-they have a great selection of hand crafted items and unique souvenirs-all without the feeling of being mugged

Yes, I remember there were two very different areas... I've updated the markers on the map, thanks!

Theron

I forgot about why-if you don't have any kids,the Dragons Breath beach is the least crowded and the view is great

We totally agree...our preference is to find a place as far away from the rest of humanity as possible. We enjoy being social *ON THE SHIP*, but when it comes to port calls, especially Labadee, we prefer peace, quiet and privacy.

Michael & Silke

Hideaway beach- near dragons head is great- you're close to the food and music, there are rest rooms and showers right there.

Hideaway is calm, with plenty of trees for shade, an easy walk over to the point.

If you're looking to snorkel, there's a cove to the left of dragon's point that is terrific ( just watch out for the urchins when entering). I was told that there is an airplane sunk between barefoot and hideaway- the area is roped off.

If you don't want to haggle, but are looking to buy some local art, walk past/ around the market to the building behind. You pay the marked price- and it is reasonable

Seas the day!

C

Archived