"LIVE" from the*NEW*Century 01/27/07

Radio

Oh well, back home already. It was nice to meet you on the cruise. I have just had a chance to read your reviews and pictures from the ship. Great Job.

I am looking forward to seeing live posts from your next cruise.

Keep in touch.

Rich :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hi Host Andy. We were SO SORRY big time to hear about your mother's unfortunate hip injury. That was a bummer and a lot of stress for you all. We certainly wish her a speedy recovery. Hope her trip insurance comes thru with flying colors.

Hi Radio. Hope you made it out of Florida before all of the storms hit. Glad to see you on the Century webcam photo on disembarkation day. That was cool. We did that when we were on the Galaxy...Jim ran down to the deck and I snapped his picture that was showing on the television in our cabin. BTW...I had cruise withdrawal after you disembarked from the Century!

Andy, my Mom broke her hip 2 weeks ago. I hope your Mom's progress is as good as my Moms has been. We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark, I can't wait to see your pictures. I hope you're having a nice trip home.

Garry

Andy, my Mom broke her hip 2 weeks ago. I hope your Mom's progress is as good as my Moms has been. We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Mark, I can't wait to see your pictures. I hope you're having a nice trip home.

Garry

Hi Garry...You can see most of the pictures now...Just Click below on Radio's Cruise Photo Page.

I will send the rest there, as well as provide captions when I get home. ! !

I am on the train now...We just left at 6PM...I should be in Lorton, VA by 1030AM if all goes well. . .

Radio

;) ;)

There was an award ceremony during the Captain's Party that has me a bit perplexed. Century was picked by a Cincinnati radio station for the ship with the best service. Staff is really scratching their collective heads about how they were picked. I'm hoping someone from Cinci can give some more details.

I'll enclose the picture that I took. By magnifying the plaque, that station is WCVX, "Cinci's Christian Voice". By checking their website I believe this is Kathryn Raaker.

Radio, C2c, Howard or any of recent cruisers.......I beleive the Tropical Island party for the 5 niters is on Monday nite. We're having trouble getting reservations for Murano and right now a 9 pm on Monday is about the best option. But, given the length of time it takes in Murano, we'll probably miss the party unless it goes on pretty late. Can anyone help with that info.

I know, pretty petty and lame question but had to ask.

Radio, C2c, Howard or any of recent cruisers.......I beleive the Tropical Island party for the 5 niters is on Monday nite. We're having trouble getting reservations for Murano and right now a 9 pm on Monday is about the best option. But, given the length of time it takes in Murano, we'll probably miss the party unless it goes on pretty late. Can anyone help with that info.

The Tropical Island Deck party does not begin until 11:30 PM... You should be able to make it with no problem. You can make a rez at Murano at 600,630,700,730,800 with plenty of time...

Radio

;) ;)

The Tropical Island Deck party does not begin until 11:30 PM... You should be able to make it with no problem. You can make a rez at Murano at 600,630,700,730,800 with plenty of time...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio:

Have you noticed this web site's new approach to posting pictures and images directly to a message?

Past pictures now have been replaced by a "link" message and new images are thumbnails.

There was an award ceremony during the Captain's Party that has me a bit perplexed. Century was picked by a Cincinnati radio station for the ship with the best service. Staff is really scratching their collective heads about how they were picked. I'm hoping someone from Cinci can give some more details.

:confused: Good evening , Arno,

Why is that ''perplexing '' to you, and specially the staff ??? Has the service deteriorated on board Century to the point that being picked as '' the best'' is mind-boggling ??? You'd hope the staff would cherish the idea, and almost expect it....

What did YOU think of the service on board during your B2B2B , say, compared to your Transat in the fall and the Panama cruise ( On Mercury )?? Your other post gives the clear impression you feel it's on a downhill spiral....in which case, yes, you might be perplexed by this current '' award''.....

Cheers

Regards to Joanne

;)

Why is that ''perplexing '' to you, and specially the staff ???

I think it is wonderful that the award was given to Century. Century just does not know how they were picked.

The Grantor made a point of saying that the award would be given not only to head office but also to Captain Mitropolous, to the Hotel Director, Eric Bohus and to Dru Palov the CD. None of these people would have been on Century for the "service" honored. No mention was made of the selection criteria. The Radio station has a Christian-based following... not normally the image I have of a station catering to cruisers who come from a much larger demographic.

:confused:

Radio:

Have you noticed this web site's new approach to posting pictures and images directly to a message?

Past pictures now have been replaced by a "link" message and new images are thumbnails.

I am not aware of "The New Approach"... I will search for the direction, and modify as needed. I know that I have the ability to link, thumbnail, or post images. I was not aware of a change. I will reach out to a HOST for clarification. . . .

Radio

The $2 PP is a suggested gratuity. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, there is expected that patrons tip at time of service in the aqua cafe? I guess this would make since since they probably get overlooked in distribution of tips at end of cruise. I hear it is fabulous and can't wait. I am terribly dissappointed over the lack of T-pools though:(

So, there is expected that patrons tip at time of service in the aqua cafe? I guess this would make since since they probably get overlooked in distribution of tips at end of cruise. I hear it is fabulous and can't wait. I am terribly dissappointed over the lack of T-pools though:(

The Suggested Tip is not for the Aqua Spa Cafe....It is for the Casual Dining at dinner in the Islands Cafe.

There was no conventional buffet Dining at dinner on Century.

There were small Soup and Salad Buffets, and Pasta Station, with Casual Dining in the Aft of the Island's Cafe.

Radio

;) ;)

The Suggested Tip is not for the Aqua Spa Cafe....It is for the Casual Dining at dinner in the Islands Cafe.

There was no conventional buffet Dining at dinner on Century.

There were small Soup and Salad Buffets, and Pasta Station, with Casual Dining in the Aft of the Island's Cafe.

Radio

;) ;)

Oh, okay, I suppose I missunderstood. I see you live in Perryville. I have good friends that live there and actually commute to DC everyday...can you believe it:eek: ?

Oh, okay, I suppose I missunderstood. I see you live in Perryville. I have good friends that live there and actually commute to DC everyday...can you believe it:eek: ?

Wow... That is long commute !! Actually I live in Perry Hall (Baltimore County) that is 30 miles SW of Perryville (Cecil County)

Radio

;) ;)

I'll throw my 2 cents in about this Cincinnati radio award. In this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=488872 mention is made of the actions of this Kathryn Raaker who bestowed the award. The whole thing now sounds just fabricated by this woman who thinks she is much more important than she is and needed to reinforce this to the ships staff.

Fortunately my experience at the Captain's Table on a November cruise on RCL's Grandeur was everything it should have been. There was a common meeting place, introductions were made, the photograph was posed and is a great keepsake, and Captain Admarker, the Chief Purser, and Guest Relations Manager were wonderful hosts.

The 5 night Key West - Grand Cayman itinerary (Monday departure, Saturday return) that I sailed featured the Tropical Party and Buffet on Night 3 - Wednesday. Earlier in this thread I posted the menus for each evening which may also help you decide, but my party dined at Murano the evening of the Tropical Party with an 8:30 reservation to which we arrived a few minutes late. If we had not been celebrating a birthday and just in general soaking up as much of the experience as we could, then we would have been able to make the start of the Tropical Buffet at 11:30. Not that it mattered to me, but there was a lively crowd at the party that evening and the line dancing continued even after the buffet started, so I really didn't miss a thing.

Archived