Pub crawl in KW

C-foxatsea

I wouldn't even do one through the cruise line. It would be imposibble to not walk down a street in Key West without finding two or three bars loaded with character and fun. Just ask around here. I bet you find a ton of info and the good part is you wouldn't feel rushed from one bar to another. Enjoy!

You can do your own pub crawl! There's so many fun places to go.

We really liked Captain Tony's, but have heard tremendous things about

Irish Kevin's. We're going down Friday for the weekend and are checking

out all the places we missed last time. I'll let you know how our self

made "pub crawl" goes:)

Don't waste your money with a cruise excursion. Start at the 100 block of Duval at Hog's Breath and work your way down. The popular stops are Capt Tony's, Sloppy Joes, Irish Kevin's, Bear Bottom, Flying Monkey, The Bull, Fat Tuedays....and that's just the first 3 blocks. ;)

Don't waste your money with a cruise excursion. Start at the 100 block of Duval at Hog's Breath and work your way down. The popular stops are Capt Tony's, Sloppy Joes, Irish Kevin's, Bear Bottom, Flying Monkey, The Bull, Fat Tuedays....and that's just the first 3 blocks. ;)

Don't forget Schooner Wharf on the bight!:)

We went 2 years ago and we tried to do the pub crawl... We made it to Irish Kevin's and got stuck. We loved it there and we had so much fun and the drinks were Very well made:D!! We did lose track of time and stumbled back to the bus stop right as they were taking off... We had to chase it down, the driver stopped for us. It was the last bus back to the ship..... I will be back in KW in exactly 4 weeks from today, This time I am bringing an alarm...... :cool:

Some of our favorite bars -- Rum Barrel (love the bartenders and the Dirty Ho's!), Schooner Wharf Bar (KW atmosphere), Irish Kevin's (IF there is a good singer, and MOST of them are except the one who just screams), Bear Bottom Beach Club (excellent Absolut Peppar Bloody Mary specials!), Captain Tony's (for the characters and one or two drinks). Willie T's has some good drink specials, but they are a little further down Duval (600 block, I think). If you've never been, Sloppy Joe's -- just so you can say you did it. Lazy Gecko has good frozen drinks, and so does the Flying Monkey, and it's right across the street from The Bull (sometimes has good entertainment, sometimes Santa Claus or Elvis is there).

You will not run out of places to drink in Key West! It's much more fun to make your own pub crawl! ;)

Our self made pub crawl was a smashing success! We too got stuck in

Irish Kevin's-that place was a hoot:)

I highly recommend the Barbados Punch at Capt. Tony's. We came back

with lots of sovenier cups! You can get t-shirts too to commemorate

your pub crawl also in just about any shop.

We loved it so much we're going again next February!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Parrothedmark
Can't believe no one mentioned the Green Parrot! Hands down the coolest bar in Key West. More of a locals joint which I prefer to the tourist traps. http://www.greenparrot.com/

You are right about the Green Parrot being a very cool bar but it is a locals bar and they are not very tourist friendly. The Meteor BBQ next door has some awesome food!!

Mark

You are right about the Green Parrot being a very cool bar but it is a locals bar and they are not very tourist friendly. The Meteor BBQ next door has some awesome food!!

Mark

Meteor is now the Twisted Dish. We haven't been there since the restaurant changed, but I hear they only have a very few of the same menu items. Green Parrot is fine as long as you behave. ;)

I realize this is an old thread but we have come and gone to Key West since my past post on this thread, but I an really glad that we did the pub crawl. You can do your on but ive you dont get some of the local flavor added in by a great tour guide it wouldnt be the same. T the sexy lady in my pic with my wife and I was a super guide. I know ur a granny now girl but u still got it. Ha have a great time and hope you read this thread and I hope the granddaughter is doing good too. Mine is still in the basket awaiting delivery.

Meteor is now the Twisted Dish. We haven't been there since the restaurant changed, but I hear they only have a very few of the same menu items. Green Parrot is fine as long as you behave. ;)

And now the Twisted Dish is experiencing difficulties and their future is uncertain to say the least.

Mike:)

Archived