Is Spring Break 3-25-07-4-01-07 ??????

Hi I was just wondering is March 25-April 1 considered Spring Break? We are going on the Rhapsody but I thought it would be later, has anyone been on a cruise when it is? We are in our 40's and leaving our kids home. Is the drinking age 21? Hopefully :confused:

No matter what I know we will have an awesome time :)

It varies from school to school. Typically when I was in college (6 years ago) it was a week earlier than the week you are cruising. That said, I always had friends from high school whose break would be either a week before or a week after mine. I'd say "spring break" runs from the second week of March to the first week of April...that's when 90% of colleges have break.

It can be.........just depends on the various school districts..........we will be on the Jewel March 24th...........I can tell you hotel rates for this weekend are through the roof...........and our ship is full and has been for quite sometime...........

If you are talking colleges, they run from end of Feb (my ds has this week) to end of March.

If you are talking K-12 then many here in the northeast are the week before or after Easter which this year is April 8th.

That is our spring break. We were on the Rhapsody for spring break last year. Our DD is in grade school and we are in our 40s. It was one of our best cruises. If anything it was pretty low key.

We're sailing on Explorer of the Seas March 25-April 1st...Flying in a day ahead and staying in Fort Laudedale at the Comfort Inn we stayed at before last years cruise at end of May- Majesty of the Seas...I couldn't believe the rates for March 24th! $80.00 more a night,our TA said it's March break time!

Thanks for all the info, your all so awesome! I can't wait to get started!!!

Quick thought, can I bring a iron or do they have them in the room? Also, we are on Deck 4, does anyone one if the windows are port holes or windows? Thanks again! I'm addicted to this site :D

Can't answer the window question, but irons, both regular and travel are prohibited. Go to top of page and under search type in iron and you will be given other threads that give other suggestions including prices for the laundry/pressing services on board.

Gregg

Hi I was just wondering is March 25-April 1 considered Spring Break? We are going on the Rhapsody but I thought it would be later, has anyone been on a cruise when it is? We are in our 40's and leaving our kids home. Is the drinking age 21? Hopefully :confused:

No matter what I know we will have an awesome time :)

Prime Spring Break time. It generally goes anytime from the 2nd week of March until the middle of April. On our April 2 cruise last year, there were many Spring Breakers, but it really made no difference, just make sure your cabin isn't next to connecting cabins or a quad :eek: , ours was.

Every state and school district is/can be different. I take a night class at our local community college and work at an elementary school. They are about 3 miles apart.

Spring Break from my class is March 12-16 (not even spring yet!), from work (elementary school) it will be April 9-13.

This is the first year my kids have the same week off as I do for spring break, the district I work in always takes the second week of April, the district my kids attend always takes the week off after Easter Sunday. The main street we live close to is a border, that jumps back and forth for the two districts, so people only a street away from us can go to different districts. There is no rhyme or reason to it that we can figure out!

Archived