New York Daily News

carol54

Awhile back I said i most likely never cruise with ncl because of their partnership with Rose ( and not because she is gay but because I cant stand her and find her abnoxious and crude) now im regretting that i went back on my word and booked ncl. I understand any cruise line can do this and understand its business. However not every cruise line does it for such an obnoxious person.

Why get mad at NCL for Rosie's bossy ways? What company would turn down a huge sum of money for complaining cheapskates? Tell Rosie what she did to that family and how wrong she is for being an elitist, and for kicking them off of the Dawn for her cruise, .

<<This NCL board is attracting a certain group of people that are trying to turn NCL cruising into a fiasco:mad: >>

Hmmmm...First off. Those "Complaining Cheapskates" are customers who were booked FIRST! I think they should take precedance...in my book, anyway. Good customer service would entail that Norwegian take care of their customers better than to stiff them like that. You can't tell me that Norwegian wouldn't get their money by booking the cruise without Rosie...

Second, why am I upset with NCL? Because if they booted an already booked customer for a celebrity...how can I trust them with MY vacation? Am I supposed to make plans just to have them ruined?

And...I'm not trying to turn NCL into a cruising fiasco...I'm just pointing out a fact. Truthfully, I've never cruised with them and am voicing my doubts in their loyalty.

Wouldn't it be great if we could hear from someone directly who was affected by this change, rather than from a newspaper article?

It would not change that it happened, but perhaps it could be ascertained if NCL offered alternate arrangements, or if they actually did make a better effort than just the $100 per offer which was mentioned in the article.

The more I've thought about this, it seems improbably that they did not at least offer the folks who had to give up their cruise an alternative.

I'm sure we are only privy to the negative side of this, as in many reports - the Negative brings more response.

Perhaps someone who really has some clout can find an answer to exactly what sort of other compensation or arrangements were indeed offered.

It would still have been very upsetting, regardless, but in all fairness, only one side of this issue was presented in the newspaper article.

Where are those in the know!!:confused: :confused:

I don't see any difference whether Rosie booked out the ship or whether NCL scheduled a dry dock for the ship that week. Why are so many upset with Rosie or NCL? This charter was announced a few months ago, not last week.

Book an airline flight a year in advance, there will be a good chance that flight's schedule would be changed too. Since its a long time before the cruise, everyone has the opportunity of a refund plus $100 credit to change their cruise and flight. Its not like all of the summers cruises and air flights are booked out.

My only regret is that Rosie could have picked another week not so close to a holiday.

Hmmmm...First off. Those "Complaining Cheapskates" are customers who were booked FIRST! I think they should take precedance...in my book, anyway. Good customer service would entail that Norwegian take care of their customers better than to stiff them like that. You can't tell me that Norwegian wouldn't get their money by booking the cruise without Rosie...

Second, why am I upset with NCL? Because if they booted an already booked customer for a celebrity...how can I trust them with MY vacation? Am I supposed to make plans just to have them ruined?

And...I'm not trying to turn NCL into a cruising fiasco...I'm just pointing out a fact. Truthfully, I've never cruised with them and am voicing my doubts in their loyalty.

This has nothing at all to do with a celebrity. This happens on all cruise lines and I have read comments on other boards such as Carnival, RCI and HAL. There are times when a company or group will charter a ship and when that happens you will lose your booking. Depending on the situation the cruise line may offer some type of compensation. If you're going to base the above on the cruise line then you wont be cruising.

Wow. We are booked on the 14th-21st trip. If we were bumped, I would be very upset. I booked last July and have been steadily paying it off since then. (With my luck, they'll do their cruise and then NCL will cancel mine to fix that azipod problem.)

Bumped from Norwegian this late in the game? Bad form...Makes me really not want to cruise on Norwegian...

The gist of the story is, a family reserved 8 cabins for a family reunion...to celebrate an 84th birthday among other big milestones for a July cruise on Dawn. Part of the family lives in NY where the cruise originates, but part lives in Las Vegas and already booked tickets...Rosie decides last week to book the entire ship for one of her "get togethers" and the poor family gets bumped. Norwegian gives only $100 towards another Norwegian cruise. I'm not even part of this family and it angers me...Here's the whole story.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/499072p-420758c.html

I've not cruised with Norwegian...This puts a bad taste in my mouth. Why wouldn't they let people who are already booked stay on? That's not fair. The poor family can re-book...but it would cost them $500 more per person...what a rip.

Totally uncalled for attack. The OP was simply stating their opinion and a link to a legitimate published report in the paper. The reason this board has a bad name is that we have to attack everyone who has any negative thing to say about NCL. Yes, there have been "questionable" one hit wonders on here who's reviews seem to have a hidden purpose, but this thread and post is not that at all. If we attack things like this, then this board might as well be owned by NCL instead of being independent.

I agree that the comment by dwrist is uncalled for. The poster voiced an opinion, and obviously is not as experienced as some cruisers that realize this happens from time to time.

I stand behind what I said and I will continue to stand behind the comment. The problem is Rosie's not NCL.

Now why is it that others are allowed to voice their opinions and I am not??? Care to comment?

Dry docks tend to be scheduled a year in advance...at least, but I see your point. My reubuttal here would be, this family can still cruise if they pay more. Why can't NCL let them keep their cabins at the same price? Why bounce them? Greed...

I stand behind what I said and I will continue to stand behind the comment. The problem is Rosie's not NCL.

Now why is it that others are allowed to voice their opinions and I am not??? Care to comment?

Dwrist...I think the problem was the cheapskate bit. Some people scrape to put together money to go on cruises and $500 per person is a LOT for them. I know we could never afford to just shell out another $1000 for 2 of us.

The other comment was the one about the NCL bashing. I didn't post this to bash NCL but to bring attention something that I felt was injust. I'm sorry you felt offended by my post. I do think it is NCL's problem...AND Rosie's. They are both in the wrong. Maybe it IS common practice. That doesn't make it right. Not in the least. These people were screwed. Just because it happens a lot, does that make it ok?

I hope something like this never happens to you.

eeclwaQuote:

Originally Posted by dwrist viewpost.gif

Why get mad at NCL for Rosie's bossy ways? What company would turn down a huge sum of money for complaining cheapskates? Tell Rosie what she did to that family and how wrong she is for being an elitist, and for kicking them off of the Dawn for her cruise, .

<<This NCL board is attracting a certain group of people that are trying to turn NCL cruising into a fiasco:mad: >>

And...I'm not trying to turn NCL into a cruising fiasco...I'm just pointing out a fact. Truthfully, I've never cruised with them and am voicing my doubts in their loyalty.END OF QUOTE

For those interested, the term "Complaining Cheapskates" was referring to the cruisers(cruise cost less than $6-700) that go on the cruise, come back, find CC, and then blast NCL for their perceived bad time.

NCL received a set amount of money from the Rosie Foundation to charter the ship. Rosie in turns sells the cabins for much more money than NCL charges. If we could see the bottom line figures of this cruise, IN MY OPINION, NCL will be making more money on this cruise then the one that was cancelled because of Rosie. (any accountants, CPA like to run the figures?) Go to the Rosie site and see how much she is charging for the cabins.

PLACE THE BLAME WERE IT BELONGS, ON ROSIE NOT NCL WHO IS TRYING TO MAKE MONEY TO PAY YOUR STOCK DIVIDENDS!!!!!!:mad:

Dwrist...I think the problem was the cheapskate bit. Some people scrape to put together money to go on cruises and $500 per person is a LOT for them. I know we could never afford to just shell out another $1000 for 2 of us.

The other comment was the one about the NCL bashing. I didn't post this to bash NCL but to bring attention something that I felt was injust. I'm sorry you felt offended by my post. I do think it is NCL's problem...AND Rosie's. They are both in the wrong. Maybe it IS common practice. That doesn't make it right. Not in the least. These people were screwed. Just because it happens a lot, does that make it ok?

It has happened. Not on a cruise line but with airlines and hotels. I also understand the reason behind the cancellation for bigger organizations which equals more money for the venue. If it would for some reason happen on a cruise, I think I would be adult enough to realize it happens, not get bent out of shape and continue with a change of plans. Nothing runs smoothly all the time.

I was not offended by your post. :)

Originally Posted by dwrist

For those interested, the term "Complaining Cheapskates" was referring to the cruisers(cruise cost less than $6-700) that go on the cruise, come back, find CC, and then blast NCL for their perceived bad time.

Hmmm...Have I EVER done that? No.

Just because someone doesn't pay a lot for their cruise, doesn't mean that they will blast the cruiseline...doesn't mean they should have a worse time than someone who pays more...doesn't mean they should be treated poorly by someone who pays more for their cruise...And besides, I'm sorry you feel effected by people who do that, but that really has nothing to do with this and shouldn't have even been brought up. These people probably don't even know what CC is and probably would have had a GREAT time on NCL if they had been allowed to GO ON THEIR CRUISE as they had booked it!

I'm sorry you have so much anger in you...and I'm certainly sorry you feel you need to express it towards me. I'll stay out of "your" cruiseline's forum...feel better?

Hmmm...Have I EVER done that? No.

Just because someone doesn't pay a lot for their cruise, doesn't mean that they will blast the cruiseline...doesn't mean they should have a worse time than someone who pays more...doesn't mean they should be treated poorly by someone who pays more for their cruise...And besides, I'm sorry you feel effected by people who do that, but that really has nothing to do with this and shouldn't have even been brought up. These people probably don't even know what CC is and probably would have had a GREAT time on NCL if they had been allowed to GO ON THEIR CRUISE as they had booked it!

I'm sorry you have so much anger in you...and I'm certainly sorry you feel you need to express it towards me. I'll stay out of "your" cruiseline's forum...feel better?

Check post number 40, please. :)

This is not Rosie's problem as you have posted. Anyone that can afford to charter a ship can do it and it happens. Read the different boards and you will see it. Each cruise line has written that they can cancel a scheduled sailing for a full ship charter. They have that right. It is their ship. To blame a company or group for booking a charter is wrong. Money talks. You don't have to like it or agree with it but that's the way that it is. Plain and simple and is not going to change. Again if folks that are getting all worked up over this are not going to cruise NCL due to this policy then you need to skip Carnival, RCI, HAL, Princess and list goes on and on.

Why the fuss? Those who have been canceled have plenty of time to move on and make other arrangementss. The ship is probably not even 25 percent booked as yet, it is no where near final payment, and the other ships sailing out of New York aren't full either. Is the compensation $100 per cabin or per person?

If your boss or company decided to give you a bonus with a free cruises, and they chartered a entire ship, and ruined the plans of others, would you accept your free cruise or refuse it on principle?

How many of you ever went to a convention in which your company prebooked the rooms?

Businesss is business, and this occurs all of the time.

Why do so many take things personally?

Bumped from Norwegian this late in the game? Bad form...Makes me really not want to cruise on Norwegian...

I've not cruised with Norwegian...This puts a bad taste in my mouth. Why wouldn't they let people who are already booked stay on? That's not fair. The poor family can re-book...but it would cost them $500 more per person...what a rip.

So much for equal rights!!! How shameful for NCL to impose a higher rate for the same cruise! NCL demonstrates a lack of sensitivity, and Rosie's lack of accomodation confirms what Donald has already said about her.

Now if Oprah were to charter the ship, she would insure these folks were treated differently, and with CLASS!

John

As of today, our cruise the following week, is showing alot less availability. I'm assuming it's because people were rebooking on our trip. Travelocity isn't even showing the Garden Villa as available....wonder if Rosie is staying aboard for the 14th-21st sailing as well?

Coincidence.....Rosie just happens to be the God Mother of the Pearl and the only way you can book this cruise is thru Kelli's , Rosie's partner, travel agency.....another coincidence...:rolleyes:

Archived