alittle upset with Carnival

ace19cihl

Here is my Delima I am currenly booked and paid in full for a cruise april 14

I am book with a group so I booked a guarnteed balconly room for 799.00

I always check the prices to see if I can get an on board credit well I was looking last week and saw that the price went down so I called up to see about my credit and I was told that because I was paid in full they couldn't do anything about the price.

I was on Royal Carribean in Sept I saw a cheaper price and no questions asked got a 255 obc.

can anyone help me out

For our sailing this weekend, there has been two price drops and i recieved OBC twice ($500 total) after my cruise was paid in full. I was told by my PVP that they couldnt do anything else for me, so i just called the 888 number and just talked to who ever answered, and they got me the OBC. It must be who you talk to. Good Luck!

I always check the prices to see if I can get an on board credit well I was looking last week and saw that the price went down so I called up to see about my credit and I was told that because I was paid in full they couldn't do anything about the price.

I was on Royal Carribean in Sept I saw a cheaper price and no questions asked got a 255 obc.

can anyone help me out

You have two problems. First, you are booked with a group. Groups get better pricing and other perks so they generally do not get the benefit of any price drops. Second, you are past the final payment date for your cruise. It is up to the cruise line (this applies to RCCL as well) to give you any price drops after final payment. Good fortune smiles on some but not always on everyone.

Dont know if this will cheer you up or not but im paying the equivelint of $2,600 for my balcony cabin on the same sailing!

Firstly because i am traveling solo and secondly because i live in the uk and altough i book through carnival themselves they do not have the deals and sales that you get in the US.

I,m not particularily pleased about it but that just the way it is and there is nothing i can do about it.What i wouldnt do to be only paying $799

Hope this helps

Ps cant wait to go on my cruise:D

It's the 'group' thing that makes your situation different! :rolleyes:

Researching the 'group' specifics/guidelines, one sees a partial paragraph; "Should Carnival drop the price after final payment, the agency will do its best to obtain compensation, however, this is not guaranteed and should not be expected".

Good luck tho', there is always the possibility! :)

Dont know if this will cheer you up or not but im paying the equivelint of $2,600 for my balcony cabin on the same sailing!

Firstly because i am traveling solo and secondly because i live in the uk and altough i book through carnival themselves they do not have the deals and sales that you get in the US.

I,m not particularily pleased about it but that just the way it is and there is nothing i can do about it.What i wouldnt do to be only paying $799

Hope this helps

wow! that's nasty! isn't there any way around this? do you have any friends in the us who cld handle the booking for you so you cld get a decent price and avail yourself of the discounts? what about using a us TA? wld that help at all? what about one of the sponser TAs on this site? did you ever ask them if booking through them wld help?

If you booked with a group, then you booked thru a travel agency (tho you may not have been aware of it). Carnival can't do anything without the permission of the agency, since the agency is the one getting commissions from the booking. Naturally, the group &/or the agency is going to try to put this on Carnival, but it's at the discretion of the agency. And as has been pointed out, group bookings fall under a different category than standard bookings. It's entirely possible that the group has additional on-board activities, receptions, etc., scheduled that go into the cost of what you're paying. Carnival (& any other cruiseline) has to factor that in when working with the agency handling the group booking.

can anyone help me out

Wow, the cruise I took with RCCL in December dropped many MANY times, and each time I called them they told me the difference HAD to be refunded, and that I could not take it as OBC. I guess it doesn't matter, cash is fine too. :D

-Mike

I would suspect that because you are booked in a group that you are not entitled to a price reduction. I really do not think it has anything to do with final payment, because group rates are negotiated when the group is set up and they are usually fixed contractually.

we booked directly with Carnivals group section no travel agent.

We are not getting any extras like a group party etc....

I just dont think I would even book with a group ever again you allways have to call a different # and they are only open during bankers hours and you cant pay your bill online you have to call up I know some of this is petty but I would think they would try and make it easier for the people of the group.....no matter what I am still going to have a great time on this cruise cant wait>>>>>>>

we booked directly with Carnivals group section no travel agent.

We are not getting any extras like a group party etc....

I just dont think I would even book with a group ever again you allways have to call a different # and they are only open during bankers hours and you cant pay your bill online you have to call up I know some of this is petty but I would think they would try and make it easier for the people of the group.....no matter what I am still going to have a great time on this cruise cant wait>>>>>>>

All offical groups have amenity points. I suggest you contact your group leader to find out what they are doing with them.

I agree with Big Duck. You are getting something for having a group. The group leader will definatly know. There are a couple different kinds of groups. If you are booked as for instance, a friends and family group and booked through a travel agent or direct you will have a better chance to get OBC's or a price reduction than if you are booked with an affinity group (basically people who do not know each other, and tends to be a large group. Agencies will set these up for lower rates and amenities) through a large online agency. I just received quite a large price reduction for my group because a senior rate became available.

First I would verify with the group leader what the amenity points are being used for. If this is family, hopefully someone is not holding out on you. If the group leader says there are no amenity points at all, then I would call Carnival directly and confirm this is true.

IF it is a case of no amenity points being awarded, then I would push for a $50 OBC (I am assuming you are on the Triumph, since that is the only cruise leaving on that day with a BL gty for less than $799.00).

But first make certain you know what is really going on.

can anyone help me out

Call Carnival and ask for a supervisor. We got a room upgrade and an obc for in laws after final payment on our last cruise. The supervisor will either give you an upgrade, an OBC or advise you why they can't do either. It is probably the group rate. Good luck and don't let this spoil you vacation.

Call Carnival and ask for a supervisor. We got a room upgrade and an obc for in laws after final payment on our last cruise. The supervisor will either give you an upgrade, an OBC or advise you why they can't do either. It is probably the group rate. Good luck and don't let this spoil you vacation.

If they did not book directly thru Carnival, Carnival is going to just say to call whomever they booked thru?

I'm looking at a future date and the best rate is $759!!! for an inside cabin. Im jump up and down for a $799 rate on a balcony right now :) lol.

Hope this helps

WOW!:eek: That's tough. Seems to me your price should be around $1950...considering the single supplement. That's still a heck of a lot, even for a balcony. Are you sure you aren't figuring in the air fare?

I noticed a drop in price for our daughters wedding in June. We are booked as a group, but it is still 5 weeks before final payment is due. I called my TA. He called Carnival. He got them to drop the price to what it was online! I'm saving on the average of 100 bucks per cabin!:D He said they asked him if he was willing to lose the commission on the discounted amount. He told the yes. So they changed it....:rolleyes: :cool:

We are booked on the Victory for May and notices the price drops also. We have already paid in full. We called and they were more than happy to give us the on board credit. Had it not already been paid in full the would have changed our price.

I'm sure it has to do with the group price. Which was a very good deal and just think of it this way I'm sure a lot of people paid more and some will not pursue the price drop so Just enjoy yourself and don't go mad as Carnival is the best value anyway.

baseball16

Archived