Seattle - Taxi or Shuttle Transfers Airport to Pier?

yogimax

i can't remember, i think it was $22 (plus tip) to the pier, it could chage from last year. we saw the NCL people around the luggage pick-up at the airport. asked and they had room for us, but it was going to be a wait while they got the bus full. we just walked down to the taxi stand, a short line, got a taxi...was at the ship in less then 30 mins to pier 66.

just a hint to newbies to that airport, the taxi stand is WAY down beyond the baggage area.

• 6 years later...
What's the best way to get from Seattle Airport to the pier?

RCCL offers transfers at $18/person one way.

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi?

Thanks in advance!

Yogi

LIGHT RAIL: Airport to Westlake Station, 4th & Pine downtown, cost is $2.50 from ticket kiosk. You are then 1.1 mile from Pier 66. About a $7.00 cab ride with tip. I'm on the Jewel leaving for AK on 5.18.2013. Motel at the airport (several) run $60.00 and up. Very scenic ride with views of Seattle on the way downtown. I'm on NCL Jewel Alaska cruise leaving 9.18.13. If it's nice, I will walk from Westlake Station down Pine St (3 blocks) to Pike's Market and have lunch before boarding. You can see the ship from Pike's market area, could walk it on a nice day if your traveling light.

• 1 month later...

We rented a car. It was cheaper than paying for 3 of us to get to the pier.

We can pick up the car at the airport and then return it to the rental car company near the pier. The rental company will take us to the pier. We actually rented it on the day before we leave on the cruise so that we can see some sights and we rented it on the way back because our flight leaves at 5:00 and again we can sightsee.

What's the best way to get from Seattle Airport to the pier?

RCCL offers transfers at $18/person one way.

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi?

Thanks in advance!

Yogi

When we fly into Seattle same day as cruise (early orning non stop from Charlotte, (we just use the Princess transfers) give them our luggage, ride to the pier, check in and that is it. Simple and easy. Now when we disembark, we use EZ-check luggage..send our luggage a head the last night of the cruise and get our boarding pass. The next morning, disembark, Already There Towncar Service is waiting on us. Short trip to the airport, by pass counter check in and luggage check in. Go straight to the TSA line and then to the gate. After another non stop flight, our luggage is in baggage claim in Charlotte. EASY.

the airport is located between Seattle and Tacoma so it was called SeaTac - since then a small community by the same name has developed around the airport.

Actually...if one is completely anal retentive, or one lives there (or in my case, both), one would be forced to point out here that the airport is officially named Sea-Tac, while the city is SeaTac (ho hyphen). :D

And now you know.

My wife and I just got home from a Carnival cruise out of Seattle. On the way there we came a night early. We set up a car with a-one airport express . They were impressive. I emailed and got a quote 2 weeks before leaving and paid by credit card (including tip, which was a litlte worrysome as they hadn't provided service yet). Our flight arrived an hour early. We were on the way to baggage claim and I called the number I had been given and they knew we were early and were waiting for us. We grabbed our bags and out the door to the car we went.

After the cruise we again called a-one airport express because I set it up on the way to the hotel from the airport. I asked to be picked up at 0930. Then our friends wanted to ride as well. I called and changed to 4 ppl. Then they wanted to leave earlier.. So I called and changed to 0900.. no problem.. They were waiting for us and had us to the airport on time.

Great service.. you won't be disappointed...

Yellow Cab and Stila Towncar have the airport contracts so they both have many vehicles stationed at SeaTac. While I was waiting for my shuttleexpress van to the eastside, I wandered over and asked about prices. I used Westlake Center as a destination since its in the downtown core, for 2 passenger.

Yellow Cab $38. The cars in line were all Prius and small minivans.

Stila Towncar $45. The cars were Lincoln towncars, Suburban, Cadillac Escalade.

Archived