Hopefully Freedom's cruise was not interupted by the greek ship sinking.

cruisecastle

Would be a shame if people had their vacation on Carnival disrupted because of the carelessness of some incompetent captain on another cruise line.

...but I would not think ill of Carnival or the Captain if my vaction plans changed to help out fellow cruisers in distress.

Kinda feel like the ship sinking and fellow cruisers missing is a bigger shame.

What Nealstubber said. And even if our cruiseship was not directly involved with the rescue efforts but couldn't make a port because of either indirect ramification of other's rescue efforts or the port was blocked, I would not feel sorry for myself.

Would be a shame if people had their vacation on Carnival disrupted because of the carelessness of some incompetent captain on another cruise line.

What prompted this comment. :confused: Now.... something said about how terrible the situation the passengers and crew of the Sea Diamond had to face.... that I could understand and simpathize with. But..... this just comes out of left field for me.:rolleyes:

Why just Carnival.... how about HAL, X, Princess.......:rolleyes:

I cannot even believe that you would post something like this. First of all you have no idea of what happened on that ship and second those are human beings that were affected by this accident of which two are still unaccounted for. I would hope that if my ship were in trouble that each and every vessel that was near would do whatever they could to help in the situation. Also if I were on a ship that was responding to the call then it would not upset me at all and I would expect them to do everything possible to see that lives were saved. Not sure how some look at themselves in the mirror. Sad, very sad.

...but I would not think ill of Carnival or the Captain if my vaction plans changed to help out fellow cruisers in distress.

Kinda feel like the ship sinking and fellow cruisers missing is a bigger shame.

If I'm correct,:confused: and maybe CaptainEdwardJohnSmith can clarify this, It is Maritime LAW that any ships in the area must respond to a distress call. So if something happens out there, yes your ship will have to help, as did the Disney ship when some of the yahoos went overboard.

And Yes I could see people complaining. I'm agreeing with you neal not dissin'. And if my ship was called to help, I'd voluteer to help anyway I could.

Would you feel the same if the captain of your ship made an error to put the ship in danger? Would you just shrug and say....well I dont want to be selfish and ruin anyones vacation on another ship so I will just drown instead.

Why punish a couple of thousand people for the act of a person they thought they could trust with their lives? Not send help because someones vacation might be interupted? :eek:

Good grief! Blessed are we to even have an opportunity to sail, and be inconvieneced by the tragesy of fellow humans and passangers seeking thier loved ones? Surely you jest? Happy Easter to all who care.......

Well as they say, " ship happens". Nothing was mentioned about other cruise ships. I just checked kroooz-cams.com and she's no where near Greece.

John Heald (Freedom's Cruise Director), in his blog this morning, made mention that the Sea Diamond was docked next to the Freedom in Athens a few days ago. Even though the Freedom was not near the Sea Diamond at the time of the tragedy, it still affected those on board. Perhaps the OP has not yet got the spirit or camaradarie of the sea....

you guys should stop using the Captain's name in vain :D

shame on you all :p

In this time of solitude, the Captain would like to read to you from the Holy Book of Numbers - Oops! Who's got the phone book? lol :D :p ;)

Are you the 'captain' who works for the London,England Transit System?

I cannot even believe that you would post something like this. First of all you have no idea of what happened on that ship and second those are human beings that were affected by this accident of which two are still unaccounted for. I would hope that if my ship were in trouble that each and every vessel that was near would do whatever they could to help in the situation. Also if I were on a ship that was responding to the call then it would not upset me at all and I would expect them to do everything possible to see that lives were saved. Not sure how some look at themselves in the mirror. Sad, very sad.

I do know the captain was incompetent however. That's why he and his crew are being charged with several crimes

Would you feel the same if the captain of your ship made an error to put the ship in danger? Would you just shrug and say....well I dont want to be selfish and ruin anyones vacation on another ship so I will just drown instead.

Why punish a couple of thousand people for the act of a person they thought they could trust with their lives? Not send help because someones vacation might be interupted? :eek:

Oh I definately wouldn't want my sinking ship to interfere with other peoples vacations. I can take care of myself and my family just fine withour ruining people special vacations, honeymoons etc....

Here's John's blog from this morning:

http://johnheald.wordpress.com/2007/04/06/a-leg-end-is-born/

I see he's a little upset tonight at the death of a passenger.

that was heavy reading, pete. wow.:o 42 y/o. makes ya ponder your own mortality. wonder what happened. so very sad.

and i have never cruised w/ john, but have read over an over about how he likes to hear himself talk. but, what he did (just by writing about it and asking others to share sentiments for the family) speaks volumes about him personally. he seems to me to be a genuinely nice and caring man, and it wld be my pleasure to sail w/ him.

Archived