Priceline.....Burbunny's Directions???? (I think Doone used them)

sail7seas

Does someone have a link to the directions that Burbunny posted several months ago about using Priceline to book Fort Lauderdale hotels?

My husband's secretary has booked a cruise on Zuiderdam and wants to book a hotel (Embassy Suites, Rennaissance or Marriott Marina) through Priceline but found it confusing to use.

If I could forward the direction to her perhaps she would have an easier time of it.

She is not very experienced traveler and I can't help as we always go to Hyatt Pier 66 and book it direct.

Thanks if you can help.

I've never seen the post.. However, if you want the Mariott Marina, Embassy Suites or Rennaissance.. You want to select 3-stars in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale only. Start at $50 and go from there. I've seen it go from $65-75 average lately.

2 1/2 stars is the Amerisuites which has free parking and free shuttle to and from the airport and cruiseship. The 3-stars do not have transportation.

Good Luck

Make sure she knows that while those are the hotels that GENERALLY come up in that zone with Priceline, there are no guarantees. I use PL all the time, but if I really had my heart set on a particular property, I'd not use them, as something new can pop up at any time. I would feel comfortable with any hotel on PL rated 3* or above.

Sorry to be so late with this, S7S's, but there are two web sites for priceline, http://www.biddingfortravel.com and http://www.biddingforfun. One web site shows you what people have received for winning bids, which is helpful, and the other shows you which hotels are in which areas and the star levels. Both sites are very helpful.

I have heard that Embassy Suites for the winter are not getting any winning bids as alot of cruise lines have book this hotel for their passengers when they choose their packages. I bid downtown 3* and got the Marriott Hotel and Marina, great hotel, I am hoping for this one again for March.

Please let us know how she makes out with getting a hotel.

Hi Burbunny......

Thank you so much for your excellent sites. I have given the addys to my husband's secretary. Hopefully, she has followed the instructions and gotten what she wanted.

Thanks for your really helpful info.

Archived