Hotels near pier in Barcelona Spain

laxcr

Upon closer inspection of a larger version of the photo (1200x800) I can see the small sidewalk on either side of the road and bridge that spengle refers to, so I stand corrected. But it is not the kind of sidewalk (design and distance) that you want to use to walk with your luggage to a nearby hotel! The view of the cruise ships from the bridge must be magnificent.

Oops! Good old CRS strikes again! :D

Dr. Koob,

I did not take the aerial photo. This photo and others are posted on the Port of Barcelona official website (in the photo gallery for which I posted the link in my other post).

Dave - Thanks for the information. I was naively thanking the cruise ships docked at the Grand Marina hotel like in their picture. After looking at your pictures and the maps you directed us to I know it will be a cab for sure.

Mahdnc - What a great photo. You also helped put a mental image together with a map.

I don't know if I can last until December!!!

Jim

Dave - Thanks for the information. I was naively thanking the cruise ships docked at the Grand Marina hotel like in their picture.

Jim

Me too. I figured we'd walk out of the hotel and get right on the Millennium.

Dave - Iain and I are sitting here in hysterics. I also was thinking we would walk out the front lobby and on the ship. I still like the hotel even if I wont have Millennium at my front door step.

Sky Sweet - We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal April 1990. It was a funny experience. We kept telling the Cabby Hilton Hotel Diagonal and he kept saying Hotel Wilson... Finally he went into the Wilson and found out about the Hilton - It had just opened that weekend. When he turned in he said "Ay Caramba" - It is a beautiful all glass front that you almost drive the cab into the front lobby. Beautiful hotel and excellent service... but like I said yikes it was 17 years ago.

Jim

• 2 years later...

You might want to check this site:http://en.tripter.com/hotels/Spain/Barcelona/Map/-372490/0/c/ I found my hotel through them when I went to Barcelona ( I wasn't looking near the pier but near the Ramblas though). They show you a map with all their hotels so it's easy to see which ones will be near the pier, they also have hundreds of reviews for each of their hotels so you get a good idea of what you're getting. hopes this helps.

From what pier will the 10-Sep-07 Barcelona to Venice cruise depart?

And, does anyone know of a nice, mid priced hotel around the pier. We plan to arrive 4 days early and would like suggestions on how to spend the time. We have never been to Barcelona. We have been to the western side of Spain though.

Cheers

Sophisticated CoolCats

One word: Tripadvisor.

The pier seems somewhat removed from the city. we stayed at the "Barcelona City Center", and we could walk to many attractions including LasRamblas and many of the Gaudi buildings. Many excellent restaurants nearby also. HOHO bus is also available if you want to use it. We prefer to walk.

Link to hotels in Barcelona. reviews by people who have stayed there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch?geo=187497&q=Barcelona%2C+Spain&inDay=23&inMonth=10%2F2009&checkIn=10%2F23%2F2009&outDay=30&outMonth=10%2F2009&checkOut=10%2F30%2F2009&adults=2#02,1251997396875,l1price:S0|999999,l1rating:S0|999999,nameContains:S

This thread is over two years old.

Yep. It was something to see this pop up and see folks we cruised with from Barcelona in 2007 :D.

We are sailing out of Barcelona (again) Saturday after Thanksgiving on Century. Summit will be sailing the same day and Voyager will be sailing the day after.

Turkey Tapas anyone :D.

When we did that cruise last year my hubby and I stayed at the Eurostar Grand Mar. It is beautiful and very pleasant. It is the round one that is surrounded by the day ports. The cab ride is about two minutes. I would highly recommend this hotel-although it is a little pricey-but well worth it.

Archived