OK so I forgot!

Corsair41

A silly question perhaps, but here goes. My DW and I booked a BL gty for Legend's 16 Dec 07 sailing. My question is, in the event that I find out what my cabin# is AFTER the porters have taken the luggage, how does it find it's way to my cabin?

They will have the ships manifest. Your name will be on there. Dont worry, your luggage will make it to the cabin. But, may I suggest a tip to the porter. Never hurts. The porter will get you the proper tags to put on your stuff.

Tim

May I suggested you bring some preprinted address labels with your contact information on them. When the porter gives you your cabin number you can write it at the bottom of the label and slap it on the luggage tags he gives you.

We booked a suite guarantee once and didn't know what our cabin number was. Filling out those 4 luggage tags felt like an eternity - wish I would have thought of it then.

Diane

May I suggested you bring some preprinted address labels with your contact information on them. When the porter gives you your cabin number you can write it at the bottom of the label and slap it on the luggage tags he gives you.

We booked a suite guarantee once and didn't know what our cabin number was. Filling out those 4 luggage tags felt like an eternity - wish I would have thought of it then.

Diane

Good idea. I always have them with me anyway. I take some for the luggage tags at the airport. :)

Corsair

You could do us a favor and intentionally not put your room number on your tags, just to see what happens and where luggage ends up. How hard was it to find and retrive it. Then you could report back to us on cruise critic how you go about finding lost luggage. That would be a nice sacrifice for the board.

Just kidding and have a great cruise,

I always book guarantee and the porters have your cabin number if you don't get it with your Docs. The previous poster is right about having address sticker filled out, We took 8 people in 4 cabins several years ago and it felt like it took forever to fill out those tags specally with the line of cars behind you waiting to pull in.

Again have a fun cruise.

We had two rooms booked as BG's on Valor two years ago and our docs came with the cabin numbers on them. I hope they didn't stop doing this as my latest group has one BG and it would be nice for them to know where they are at too.

It depends if they assign your room before the docs are mailed out. I have had my best upgrades when my Docs had Guarantee not a room number. Some times my room would be assign when my docs arrived but most time not. When we get to the pier the porters have a manifest and tell us our cabin number then,

I don't want my cabin number hand when I book a guarantee, it takes the surprise away. Kind of like opening Christmas present early>

I had my room number and forgot to put it on our luggage tags:o 3 out of the 4 bags made it to our room just fine anyway and the other one was down at the purser's desk. I felt like such a fool, but at least I can now pass on the knowledge:D

one time on the Sensation the porter at the dock told us the wrong number. He transposed 2 numbers.

When we got into the terminal the lady that checks you in told us our cabin number. My wife and i looked at each other and said that's not right.:confused:

Well we went to the cabin the porter told us every 15 minutes or so to see if the bags were delivered. We finally found 3 out of 4.

The other never showed. We went to the pursers desk and talked to this woman. Said it was too early to report lost luggage and to come back about 7pm.

When I returned I went to the same lady thinking this would be easier as we had spoken previously and explained my situation again. She said I had never spoken to her. OK whatever.

She proceeds to tell me she has no idea where my luggage is and to come back about 9pm. Luckily another woman working at the pursers desk overheard our conversation and said wait, their luggage is here. She went into a room and came out with our luggage.

Bill

There has been a change. They no longer tell you where your cabin is. All guarantees meet in the lobby at the same time. They blow a whistle and you need to try your room key on every door until you find the correct one. The first person to find it calls the pursar and wins a ship on a stick. :D:p

Just kidding. You usually will find out before your docs come.

There has been a change. They no longer tell you where your cabin is. All guarantees meet in the lobby at the same time. They blow a whistle and you need to try your room key on every door until you find the correct one. The first person to find it calls the pursar and wins a ship on a stick. :D:p

Just kidding. You usually will find out before your docs come.

Thanks to all for the info! BTW, I already have the docs for the cruise, got them back in February! see - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=492197

ROTFLMAO! Now that was a good one!!

It might be that if the ship is sold out, they will assign the cabin. If not, then you may be eligible for the elusive "upgrade" that everyone talks about. I know that when we went to the pursers desk for something, we did inquire about an upgrade and they told us the ship was sold out. So who knows - maybe you'll be lucky.

ROTFLMAO! Now that was a good one!!

If you do say so yourself?? :p ROFL.

Diane

My question is, in the event that I find out what my cabin# is AFTER the porters have taken the luggage, how does it find it's way to my cabin?

There is a guy that has a copy of the Manifest, once you check that you are in the correct cabin, grab your black sharpie marker and write the Cabin number on the Tags.

Fred

They will have the ships manifest. Your name will be on there. Dont worry, your luggage will make it to the cabin. But, may I suggest a tip to the porter. Never hurts. The porter will get you the proper tags to put on your stuff.

Tim

Oh, absolutely! As a former waiter, I know what it's like to live on tips. Besides, one can never be too careful!

Archived