sabitini's on the grand

princess76021

just thought i'd let you know that sabitini's is good, however, i am italian and i wasn't impressed!!! next time i will try the steak house!!!!:eek: :D

Your post is confusing you use the angry face, but say it was good, but then say you were not impressed because you are Italian...:confused:

What the heck does that all mean??? Could you please provide some details telling us what was good and what you were not impressed with please?

• Administrators
So, not as good as your mom makes it, but if I'm non-Italian from a place where the Olive Garden passes as fine Italian dining, I should be impressed? I take it that's what you're saying?

I'm Italian, my Papa owned a salumeria and homemade sausage and pasta store. IMHO, Sabatini's is far far better than Olive Garden.

Sabatini's is better than the Olive Garden; different class of restaurants. But I agree that while the food is good if you are fortunate enough to be able to get really good Italian food at a place near your house - or at your house, then Sabatini's is nothing too exciting. I definitely prefer the steakhouses. Yes, I can also get a good steak at numerous places near my home but if I am on Princess and going to eat at an alternative restaurant Sterlings or the Crown Grill are my choice hands-down. (The Crown Grill was much better than Sterlings in my opinion.)

just thought i'd let you know that sabitini's is good, however, i am italian and i wasn't impressed!!! next time i will try the steak house!!!!:eek: :D

I dont think either of these emoticons are an angry face. The first one is an EEK!!, and the second a big smile. I consider this to be an angry face, dont you? :mad:

I dont think either of these emoticons are an angry face. The first one is an EEK!!, and the second a big smile. I consider this to be an angry face, dont you? :mad:

take a look at the Title line.....there is one

It also depends as to which part of Italy one is from as different regions offer different types of cuisine. Therefore someone who lives in Northern Italy may not like the type of food served in southern Italy or in Sicily.

The same goes for Spaniard food or even Mexican food.

For the record, my wife and I do enjoy eating at Sabatinis.

Ok, so point of thread is:

Try Sabattini if Olive Garden is a "nice" Italian restaurant in your area. You can pass if you live somewhere that has better Italian food than what the Olive Garden serves.

===========================================================

I am not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but I agree with the overall gist of your post. Our family found Sabatini's very underwhelming (relative to how its marketed on board, and relative to the Italian restaurants we've eaten at here in Chicagoland as well as in Italy).

We much prefer Sabatini's quality to the non existent menu and steaks at Sterling's. I would never go there again!! I am not exaggerating, it was the worst service and worst steak I have ever eaten on board including the dining room!

I am NOT Italian, but this is my understanding:

Sabatini's is NOT "Italian-American" cuisine, which is a slightly different tradition developed by Italians here in America. So if that is your bar of good Italian food, and there is nothing wrong with that, you may be disappointed.

Italian-Americans: Did I state this correctly?

===========================================================

I am not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but I agree with the overall gist of your post. Our family found Sabatini's very underwhelming (relative to how its marketed on board, and relative to the Italian restaurants we've eaten at here in Chicagoland as well as in Italy).

Well, I sort of wrote it in a sarcastic and joking way (hard to convey sarcasm and humor in a post), but I still was serious in that's how I view the point of this post (I'm not the thread starter).

I actually do live in an area where Olive Garden is a fair representation of "quality" Italian. I prefer Buca Di Peppo, but it's another chain. There's a couple of "high" end Italian places around here, but I dunno how italian they really are (to my admittedly uneducated palate, they're not that Italian). I gotta drive 45 minutes before I hit an Italian restaurant that could survive in a city with a decent Italian population. So, for isolated people like me, we may really enjoy Sabatini's cuz we're pretty deprived and can only compare it to some so-so restaurants. You are NOT gonna find the same kinds of restaurants here as you would in a big city like Chicago or NYC.

I just can't understand how Sabitini could be compared with Olive Garden, a chain restaurant that has a menu so far removed from Italy, it's difficult to see how they call it Italian.

Olive Garden can't be compared to Sabatinis. Many people think Italian food is sauce and cheese and that's not what Sabatinis is about. Service may vary from ship to ship, but I've always enjoyed the meal quite a bit. P.S., I am a foodie.

Archived