Freedom of the Seas - Extra Fees / Costs

I'm curious - does anyone know the extra fees for the "special" venues? Such as the specialty restaurants, Ben and Jerry, Johnny Rockets, etc.

Thanks!

-pfs

Chops and Portofino are $20.00/pp each

Johnny Rockets is $3.95/pp + shakes

Not too sure about Ben and Jerry's, maybe $3-$4 ?? for a couple of scoops:confused:

Definitely try Johnny Rockets, and if you do it on an "at sea" day, you may want to get there at least 15 minutes before they open, or be prepared for a hefty wait.

Ben & Jerry's prices depend on what you get. On Freedom, it is (almost) a full ice cream parlor. You can get sundaes, by the scoop, waffle cones and more. The price varies. Just be warned....even though they have a big sign above that says "Sundaes Shakes Banana Splits" they do NOT have banana splits.

On a side note, shakes, malts etc at Jonny R's are around $3-$4 additional. And we were there on our last sea day, and there was no one there....really. walked right in and sat down.

On a side note, shakes, malts etc at Jonny R's are around $3-$4 additional. And we were there on our last sea day, and there was no one there....really. walked right in and sat down.

That's interesting because we went on the last sea day as well and had about a 45 minute wait. They did give us pagers so we didn't have to just sit around, which was nice.

OK we are going on the Liberty ( as a couple) on 1st March.

Where would you recommend?

We like Italian food and steaks, but how do you book?

We are going as a family in July, so what is recommended then please?

Chops and Portofino are $20.00/pp each

Johnny Rockets is $3.95/pp + shakes

Not too sure about Ben and Jerry's, maybe $3-$4 ?? for a couple of scoops:confused:

Definitely try Johnny Rockets, and if you do it on an "at sea" day, you may want to get there at least 15 minutes before they open, or be prepared for a hefty wait.

I gotta say, I do not get the thing about Johnny Rockets. We have eaten there twice - both times on the EOS. Its a greasy spoon if there ever was one. I thought the food was only passable.

I gotta say, I do not get the thing about Johnny Rockets. We have eaten there twice - both times on the EOS. Its a greasy spoon if there ever was one. I thought the food was only passable.

We have a new Johnny Rockets here in Va. Beach and I feel the same way. The menu to me is not good at all. Lack of choices, bland and no healthier choices. It seems to be the general consensus here, because it seems to never have any business. Maybe it all just tastes better on a ship?

I see you've sailed RCL before so if you are a Crown and Anchor member, you'll get coupons. We are Gold members and in our booklet was a voucher for a free visit to Johnny Rockets. We thought the food was very good there, not greasy at all.

I agree with you. I don't get the whole Johnny Rockets thing. And to charge extra? They should be paying you to eat there!

I agee - we only tried it once a few years ago - once was enough. We don't even use our free coupons. The fries tasted of freezer burn and they only have vanilla ice cream - not the greatest if you want a REAL chocolate malt.

In response to the OP's last question - Jade and the Promanade Cafe are "included" as is ice skating.

I think Johnny Rockets was originaly designed as a tweens and teens hangout, you know a place where they could grab a bite while using the basketball court and golf course, rock wall, flow rider, etc..Thats why most of them are located right next to the Fuel teens nightclub and by the sports deck... what RCCL then discovered was that these kids DID use it as a hangout, ordering food they did not eat etc.....SO they added the up charge. Why anyone would want to go on a cruise and eat at a fast food place for an upcharge is beyond me but to each there own....TAZ

You book Chops and Portafino as soon as you can after you board. The phone number will be on the handout they give you when you check in. I waited until later in the day on the day we boarded to book, it was almost totally booked up!!!! Only times left were 5:30 and 9:30 on the days I inquired about. We got off the Freedom on 4/29. We only ate at Portafino's but wished we would have booked Chops also. The food is not to be missed, at least in my opinion.

As Sharod suggested, book as soon as you get onboard. We literally walked on the ship and went upstairs to Chops to book. We got our table for 2 on the day and time we wanted (ended up being by window). Food was wonderful! Service was exceptional. Highly recommend the chocolate mudslide cake. MMMMMMMM

Not sure if you have kids but age limit is 13 or older for Chops and Portofinos.

Is there a fee for Jade or the Promenade Cafe? I know there's no fee for using the Flow Rider but what about Ice Skating.

No, Jade is just part of the buffet with some asian items. Not very good at all. The only ship that carries a charge for Jade is Monarch of the Seas as it is a separate Japanese restaurant there.

No fee for ice skating, either. Enjoy!

Archived