Cruise Ship Sounds

I know this may sound like a strange request, but I am looking for some of the sounds that we all know and love about our cruise ships, specifically Royal Caribbean.

Obviously there are the normal ones of the ship's foghorns or the stateroom toilet flushing, but for some reason I was watching a show on the travel channel for Freedom of the Seas, and the person was checking in, and put her SeaPass into the brown machine at security and I heard that "Boonnng" sound. That sound just brought it all back for me, telling me that I was welcomed aboard the ship, and I realized I really missed it.

So if anyone knows of a place to go to get the sounds, especially the "Boonng", that would be great!

Like Christie...I just love the DING DING DING

Jaimie & Veronica with crowncast.org used it to begin their podcasts of "The Days of Legend"

LOVE that sound:) It gives me the warm fuzzies.

That's where I heard it, and it brought back memories that I used to have the .wav file of it!! lol LOVE that podcast! :D

I was getting back onboard Voyager last Friday afternoon in Villefranche and said to my wife, "Wouldn't it be good if you could get the BOOIING sound on your laptop and use it to remind you of cruise days" There's more of us weirdos out there than you think :D :D :D

I'm bringing my MP3 player along with me on Liberty and Enchantment next week. It has a voice recorder on it so I'm going to try to record a DING DING DING for us all! LOL Hopefully it'll come out good! :p Yes, we all need lives! :D

I'm bringing my MP3 player along with me on Liberty and Enchantment next week. It has a voice recorder on it so I'm going to try to record a DING DING DING for us all! LOL Hopefully it'll come out good! :p Yes, we all need lives! :D

That's actually a very good idea!

Christie

OH MAN..be sure to post when you have a successful recording of that precious sound!

I think I would start using that for an incoming email notification. LOL

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!! lol

Funny enough, I always miss the toilet flushing - haha. The first time I was onboard it scared the crap out of me, but I missed it when I got home to my normal boring toilet.

i got a vid w/ sound of the toilet flushing. if you really want i can rip the sound off it and make an mp3 or wav file.

the toilet scared the crap out of me the first time too.

my brother comes running into my room 'hey hey, come here, watch this! ok now hit the button............' 'WOOOOOOSH!!!'

he sat on it his first time and hit the button. then got up and read the sign.:D

Different numbers and durations mean different things, much the same as railroad's whistles mean different things.

On ships, if they are backing out of a slip and into the shipping channel, they give three blasts on the whistle (horn). Love sailing from San Francisco, where they do that, and then often give another blast just before going under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend sitting and flushing at the same time :D

i got a vid w/ sound of the toilet flushing. if you really want i can rip the sound off it and make an mp3 or wav file.

the toilet scared the crap out of me the first time too.

my brother comes running into my room 'hey hey, come here, watch this! ok now hit the button............' 'WOOOOOOSH!!!'

he sat on it his first time and hit the button. then got up and read the sign.:D

Archived