Obstructed Balcony

betzd0170

I am sailing on the Miracle June 12, can't wait. I got my documents yesterday and was upgraded from an inside cabin to an obstructed balcony cabin. Does anyone have any information about obstructed balconies? I am hoping it means we can still use the balcony, but I am trying not to get my hopes up too high. Any info would be great. Thanks

Thanks for replying - it makes me happy that we will have a balcony. I have been on several cruises, and never had more than a "porthole" or inside cabin. I will definitely like the option of grabbing some fresh air.

Thanks for the link to the pics - you could still see the water, so I'll continue with my excitement.

There are 2 types of obstructed cabins on the Miracle (Cat 5A and 7A). Category 5A don't have balconies but rather French Doors that open into the cabin. These are really obstructed...the life boats are right in front of the doors.

Category 7A have balconies and the life boats are down so you still have a great few of the horizon and up We had a Cat 7A (5152) on the Legend, same class ship, in 2004. The view was fine and we were very satisfied.

1433755943_LegendSep04007.jpg.ab5d7eaff594d5f31ce75f010ec1ab71.jpg

I am sailing on the Miracle June 12, can't wait. I got my documents yesterday and was upgraded from an inside cabin to an obstructed balcony cabin. Does anyone have any information about obstructed balconies? I am hoping it means we can still use the balcony, but I am trying not to get my hopes up too high. Any info would be great. Thanks

hot doggy!!! lucky you. I wouldnt mind the lifeboats blocking my view out a balcony any ole day. I hear most of them you can still see some view, better than a inside any day in my book.

There are 2 types of obstructed cabins on the Miracle (Cat 5A and 7A). Category 5A don't have balconies but rather French Doors that open into the cabin. These are really obstructed...the life boats are right in front of the doors.

Category 7A have balconies and the life boats are down so you still have a great few of the horizon and up We had a Cat 7A (5152) on the Legend, same class ship, in 2004. The view was fine and we were very satisfied.

Thanks Keith B, I am actually in cabin 5157, so I am guessing that we will have a similar view to yours. Thanks for the great news.

We got that same kind of upgrade on the Legend once and we really enjoyed it. The cabin has a sofa (something you don't get with an inside) and you get lots of light and air. You can watch the sun set (or rise), maybe the moon on the water. . .

Have fun!

• 5 months later...
Thanks Keith B, I am actually in cabin 5157, so I am guessing that we will have a similar view to yours. Thanks for the great news.

We are in that exact same cabin in December. Was wondering how it was. (view, convenience, etc.) Also, how was your cruise.

I am leaving October 30,2007 on the Miracle in cabin 5152 - glad to hear that the view was fine and you were satisfied!

You will have a lifeboat hanging in front your balcony. But, I'd take it in a minute for the fresh air:D

Nope.

Lifeboats hang just below the balcony. On some the view is slightly more obstructed than others, but for th emost part, you have an excellent view.

I got the same kind of 4A to 7A upgrade on the legend a couple of years ago and we enjoyed it a lot. I'm not one for laying out in the sun, but I did read a bit on the balcony, and went out there a bunch of times during the day to watch the sky and the water. When the sunset was on our side of the ship, we would go out and watch the sun slip into the sea.

Also, the cabin has a sofa, an amenity not available in the inside cabins. I loved the sofa almost as much as the balcony!

They aren't bad. We had one on our cruise on the Miracle last year. Yes, you may be looking right at a lifeboat, but at least you could get fresh air without leaving your room.

• 3 weeks later...
Obstructed view balconies are still balconies where you can sit and read and enjoy your morning coffee or glass of wine. Think of all the money you saved! Enjoy

Not to mention that you'll be the first to know if something is going wrong and the crew is "readying" the life boats for use!!!:eek:

Here's hoping you *never* see that in your lifetime, though.

GP

Archived