Sail7Seas- Almost on Carnival?

clopaw

By George, Greg .......That is positively brilliant. You taught me something new about computer use "in spite of myself". Try as I will to refuse to learn, someone like you comes along and teaches me a useful lesson.

Thank you. :)

By George, Greg .......That is positively brilliant. You taught me something new about computer use "in spite of myself". Try as I will to refuse to learn, someone like you comes along and teaches me a useful lesson.

Thank you. :)

Be careful. You may yet become a computer weenie.:D

Just so long as you make it a Veggie Frank.....:) Or better yet a Soy Frank.

That would be okay with me. ;) Remember my dissertations re: South Beach? Franks are a No-no....even all beef ones. :(

I know that I have made lots of spelling errors and typos (revneal pointed one out in a thread of mine a while back).

I don't even remember that. :)

Typos and spelling errors are unimportant so long as one's meaning can be conveyed. That's all that matters.

Rev Neal- I agree. That doesn't sound as long as some reviews that have been posted. This has my interest up now. I don't want to cruise, write a review, and have this happen to me because I got too wordy. ;)

Sail, did a notice actually come on your screen when you tried to submit and say you had 13,000 odd characters and that was too many? Otherwise how do you possibly know how many characters you had?

Has anyone else ever posted and been told it was too long and how many characters are allowed?

MODERATORS: How much is too much? How long exactly is too long? Can anybody here find out?

Too long? I've seen reviews that had as many as 12 parts, each of which approached the maximum size on our old InfoPop boards.

The maximum capacity for a single post is 10,000 BYTES. (That means everything is counted including spaces, punctuation and hidden formatting characters.)

Having been bit myself by "computer problems" (known as PEBKAC's in the trade), if I expect to post a large and/or difficult post, I'll use Word. The alternative is to post the effort periodically then use the edit feature to continue. That way you'll save parts if you have a PEBKAC.

However, my suggestion is to limit a given post to 4,000 or fewer bytes. If you need more space, do a Part 2 and a Part 3. Extremely long posts are very difficult to read and are frequently ignored; a lousy fate for a well written item.

By the way, what's a PEBKAC you ask? Click here: PEBKAC

Walt,

I am very familiar with PEBKAC.

That was a funny picture. We have a similar one in QA dept. but this one is better. :D

Thanks for that link.

sail and all the others from the hal board

sure is good seeing some familiar names on this board ---i jumped ship from hal and will be sailing on the galaxy in march so i have been spending my time here-

hope everyone is well and cruising

This thread has had posts edited out of it which I completely understand, but I have to say I am hurt that one of my posts was removed and I have no idea why because it was a totally positive post. And how come the thread jumped from the HAL board to the Celebrity board? Is there a gremlin somewhere? Hmmmmmm.

Editing because no sooner I posted than it seems to be back on HAL board. I'd better fix dinner and forget all this:D

Well, hi lougee. Nice to see your name again. We have no idea why Walt moved this to the Celebrity board. It was supposed to be a story about Carnival posted on HAL, but somehow ended up here. Got too hot for HAL. :p

(I was just demonstrating a PEBKAC. See post #61 above. Sorry about that.)

Just so long as you make it a Veggie Frank.....:) Or better yet a Soy Frank.

That would be okay with me. ;) Remember my dissertations re: South Beach? Franks are a No-no....even all beef ones. :(

S7S- Chicken franks sound a whole lot better!!!!!:p

Archived