Sail7Seas- Almost on Carnival?

clopaw

Sails, I can relate to almost.

In the good old days, when one could board a plane or not and take the next one I had that sort off expierence.

I was to leave N.Y to Europe had my boarding pass and did not board. I felt sort off funny.

There was a other plane couple hours later.

And sure the first plane came back shortly after take off with fire in the engine.

Was your sort off like that?

Whoa, Pollux. That sure draws one up short. You "had a feeling". That does make one stop and think a moment, doesn't it.

It wasn't exactly like that on Destiny. They had severe engine problems they were not being honest about. The ship never sailed. They cancelled the cruise many hours after we all had boarded. In fact, the next day.

Hey I am with you S7S, wonderful way to live!!:)

I have been on the CC board more lately because our weather out here has been very hot and I am on summer break from college. My argument was that it was less expensive to be on the CC board then shopping. But now that Carol has told us about the 2006 Statendam NZ/Australia cruises, sticking around the board might get a little more expensive!!!! But boy is it fun, can't think of a better hobby!!!!:cool:

:D :) :cool: I tried hard to honor some posters' requests for brevity. ;) I could not quite manage to condense it any more than that. Sure did an amazing job of going from 13,000 characters to under ten words. ;)

I bet you had some rather brief words for your computer when the 13,000 words disappeared.:D I'd still love to hear the unabridged version, but I know that you have to be in the mood to type out a story that long.:)

S7S, you have us rivited to our seats. You'll get no rest until we know the story!....I have to ask, Did they keep you on board all night before they told you that the ship would/could not sail?

No need to justify what you do for a living S7S. I wish I could live like that. I personally think you and a few others do a great job keeping this board as active as it is. I have appreciated all of the valuable information you have provided in your many insightful postings. This is one of the most active and helpful boards I have ever seen and its people like you that make it that way. I'm still hoping we eventually get to hear the whole story, even if it takes multiple postings to put out there.

Hey, I started this thread, and I am sincerely interested in the story! Geez, people, if you don't want to read the long version, don't read it. How simple is that? I like S7S's writing style, and I bet the long version would have been fascinating. Now you've spoiled it for the rest of us.

S7S, my apologizes for getting you involved with people who attacked you for trying to respond to my question.

Regardless of what others may think, many of us would like to know what happened on this ship and how you were treated up to during and after you were told to leave the ship.

In 25 years of cruising I have never had this experience and am really interested in how well (or not so well) you were treated.

I'm sorry I did not see your original post.

You have a wonderful, insightful writing style and most of us really enjoy your posts. I thank you for taking the time to keep this board interesting.

I bet you had some rather brief words for your computer when the 13,000 words disappeared.:D I'd still love to hear the unabridged version, but I know that you have to be in the mood to type out a story that long.:)

:mad: :mad: Oh......that is the understatement of the Decade!!!

Most times, most people would describe me as "ladylike" in most situations!! Glad I was alone in the house when I told this %$( #@ computer what I thought of it at that given moment.

Sail, did a notice actually come on your screen when you tried to submit and say you had 13,000 odd characters and that was too many? Otherwise how do you possibly know how many characters you had?
wwinfl91 wrote a review a while ago and had to break it into two seperate posts. He said that there was a 10,000 character limit per post. Here is the link to that post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44906&highlight=10000

S7S, ironically you had the first reply to the post stating that there is a 10,000 character limit.

Sail, you continue to be a woman after my own heart :). A couple of times I have been typing a long, involved email or thread post and suddenly AOL pops up with "sorry, your connection has been lost". And Piffffff! everything disappears. No reason.

If you could only see me screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" into an empty room. All alone in the house. And of course it's always the most brilliant writing I have ever done;) . My little Molly, always by my side, jumps 10 feet into the air and the fun begins.

So I know the feeling.:eek:

I don't see where anyone said they didn't want the story posted. The only suggestion made by several posters after the original posting got lost was that everyone would appreciate a shorter version, or at least something of the story, rather than no story at all, which is what it seemed was happening. (And I do understand why no one would want to write a 13,000 character post twice.)

I don't see why anyone who has posted on this thread is being given such grief this morning. Some just asked for a concise version of what happened on Carnival in lieu of a longer version that Sail did not choose to write again now. How was that negative? The criticism is unfair, IMO.

Thank you, Jazzsea, for your nice words. I appreciate them.

Despite the few who rarely have a nice thing to say to me (or to some others for that matter), I will write the story again today. I am sure that at this point no matter how interesting it may once have been, of course, it has now lost much of that interest. Sort of who cares......But that is the goal of folks who dump on everything someone else to say. What a negative, wasteful way to idle their life away.

Of course, to have an opinion about how concise or verbose a written piece may have been if you have never read it, is a very good trick. How clever to know in advance it was too "wordy".

Sail ... the concern which I, and I believe some others, expressed had very LITTLE, if ANYTHING, to do with "wordiness." In fact, as I said earlier, 13,000 characters really is not that long for a review. My encouragement to you in saying that you might try again, but a little more concisely, was expressed due to a sincere desire to read the story yet balanced with a concern for your frustration at having had that much text wiped out by a quirk of the board.

I'm sorry if you've been irked by what you've read here ... my suspicion is that most didn't intend to express any deprecation for you or your story; most only wanted to read the the story, and were trying to encourage you to go ahead and give us a "cliff-notes" version so we could find out what the heck happened. Your one sentence response only served to heighten our (my) curiosity.

I continue to look forward to reading your story, however long it needs to be. Just remember to try and save your response first, because it's not easy to know how long your writing is. How do you do that? Select and copy the entire text, then open scratch pad or some other word processing program that there may be on your computer and paste it there in an open blank file.

S7S

i for one would love to hear your story, long or short version. I know it will be very interesting.

I think what the poster meant was we wanted to hear the story wether it was the whole 13,000 word version or an abridged one. But I do know what you mean about the few negative ones. That is sad

I also enjoy your posts very much and I am sure there is quite a tale behind this one.:)

I'll be looking forward to whatever version you post later.

Actually the thought of you cursing the computer is a pretty good image in itself *LOL*

S7S,

The Rev said it much better than I did.

Knowing that you didn't want to re write the whole original story, we would be happy with a brief recap just to hear the story.

13,000 words isn't all that much reading, but if you are not in the mind to do it , it sure is a hell of a lot of typing, so i see what you mean about not wanting to do it all over.

Actually, Gizmo........they may take it that way if they wish. I interrupted your tone to be such that you thought the story not worth being posted.

What tone? You said: It is lost and I do not have the patience to rewrite it.

To which Gizmo responded: "I think a condensed version would satisfy the folks that are interested."

In other words, since you weren't willing to re-type the long version why not satidfy a number of folks curiosity with an abridged version.

You then got huffy for some reason, but I don't see that Gizmo did anything except offer a possible solution to keep everyone (those who wanted to know the story as well as you not wanting to re-type the long form) happy.

Take a breathe or two, have a glass of bubbly, think about your next cruise and let's get back to having fun, OK? :)

How do you do that? Select and copy the entire text, then open scratch pad or some other word processing program that there may be on your computer and paste it there in an open blank file.

Greg+

Thank you for your nice comments, Greg and Vicar.

I know you were trying to help, Greg.....but Select and copy....blank file....scratch pad!!!

Yah...sure

I guess you missed my sad admission to knowing absolutely nothing about my wonderful laptop than e-mail, surfing and researching on the web and the Bulletin Boards. (Saddest thing of all is I like it that way....:) ) Thankfully, I do not need to know more for work so my computer is simply a toy for me.

:) sail7seas

Somewhere along the line I missed your story about the Carnival cruise (or almost) and I have been a member for over 3 years. Maybe you posted it when we were cruising. I would still love to read it.

I truely hope that you don't wait for some of us to be cruising before you rewrite the story.

;)

I guess you missed my sad admission to knowing absolutely nothing about my wonderful laptop than e-mail, surfing and researching on the web and the Bulletin Boards.

I think I did ... skimming and all. However ... if you know how to write emails, then you know how to write the article safely.

Write it in an email to yourself. Then, when it's done, copy and paste it -- in pieces, if needed -- onto the board. I KNOW you know how to copy-paste. :)

KK....I most assuredly was not referring to you and I hope you know that. If not, I tell you now.....my reference to such had absolutely nothing to do with you or your DH.

There are those who look for every opportunity for negativity and putdowns. Sad....pity. I would indeed wish to spare them being bothered with any story I have to tell. You would think folks would suffer enough ill health, bad luck, sad occurences to reach a certain age and learn what is important .....a smile and pleasant word is so much lighter on the heart and mind. Negativity and nastiness eat at our health in time. That sort of mind frame is unpleasant to be around. IMO The denial of it takes such effort. The smile and pleasant demeanor is effortless.

Archived