** Balcony Ritual **

VaBeachCruisers897

Get some echinacia to help rid yourselves of the colds. They won't let you board the ship if you are visibly sick. We had our first balcony last year, so wonderful!! We sail in a week too. Have a wonderful time:D

Thanks. You have a wonderful time too.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to sit on the balcony in the late night hours sipping a cocktail and wonder how all my co-workers are doing back on the job.......:D

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus to Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Splendour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

• 1 month later...
No need to worry about others seeing you if you're in a Lido deck balcony cabin (Princess) no cabins above you. Bring on the hanky panky! ;)

No just the folks out on the deck above you. You DO realize that the lido is not the top deck right? No staterooms but a running track and yes people can lean over and look.

These are all great ideas!!! :)

My wife and I will be taking our first cruise this coming January 10th with Carnival Liberty. We booked a balcony stateroom based on a coworkers recommendation.

She had mentioned like you all...the morning cup of coffee. Seems to set the tone for the whole day apparently.

I know for sure, I am going to try the keeping the door open for the sound of the waves...as for the love making, I think I read somewhere that Carnival has one of the most comfortable bed systems around, to me a balcony is romantic place to have a glass of wine on a moonlit night before the lovin' :D;)

I forgot about this thread. I took BF on his first cruise, my umpteenth this past April. We had met with some people on CC and saw them onboard and was actually neighbors with one. Well we were quite active on our balcony one night! YAY!! They saw us one day and were like "You guys are so quiet and we didn't hear a peep out of you." If they only knew :rolleyes:

We went for many years without a balcony, but now it is a must have. We like to order room service breakfast the night before & schedule it for whenever we want to get up. We get a call the next morning telling us our breakfast is on the way & that is our wakeup call. We enjoy breakfast on the balcony while watching the ship approach the port of call for the day. Very nice start to the day.

We also enjoy various evening activities from time to time....

I love having a balcony and some of my favorite things about having a balcony are,

watching the sun dance on the water

watching the moonlight glow on the water

seeing the flying fish

watching as we approach our next port

I love to have a balcony and when it's on the Lido Deck it's even sweeter.:D

No need to worry about others seeing you if you're in a Lido deck balcony cabin (Princess) no cabins above you. Bring on the hanky panky! ;)

On the 2 Princess ships we have been on the top cabin deck was the Aloha...then Baja...then Caribe...Dolphin...Emerald...

• 3 weeks later...
I too LOVE my balcony...as a matter of fact, I would be happy with just a balcony....no need for the actual room. But what I don't like (as a matter of fact, strongly dislike) is going out with the anticipation of having a nice relaxing time on my balcony (with or without a glass of wine), and someone close to me is smoking a smelly cigar or cigarette.....YUCK......how to ruin a wonderful experience for others in one puff......:(

Perhaps its time you look for a smoke-free cruise. There are a couple, just do some research if it bothers you that much! Obviously, the cruise you're going on doesn't think it's lucrative to have a smoke-free cruise.

I'm hearing all of you on your balcony favorites. I'll add one. I love coming into port on my balcony. It's usually early, quiet, a perfect time for a cuppa, a lounger, a couple hundred seagulls and me and mine. :)

Tee

No, the real wild life....flying fish on the way into the Bahamas, sea otters cracking breakfast on their bellies in Alaska, the dolphins that swim along with the ship. My real favorite is the-impossibly-late-puffing-out-of-breath tear-assin to the dock, leaping on the gangway sweaty fellow cruisers whose name been called 12 times while I sip my wine watching the show. Their little paws clutching their shore excursion purchases – sometimes it’s just a friggin huge empty dirty glass emblazoned with the logo of whatever fine establishment they have been frittering away the afternoon on a barstool in. Never got to see one use the pilot’s boat – but I’m hopeful.

PS to EBFURR: love the long long excursion quote!

If the balcony is right. I just love having the doors open, lying in bed and watching the new port come into view.

Also one of our special moments on the balcony was when we were in the Caribbean, on a day at sea. The sea was completely calm and flat, no ships or land in sight. It was totally quiet. It seemed as though we could be the only people on earth. A strange but wonderful experience.

Another time we had been whale watching in Hawaii and then when we returned we had whales swimming near the ship. What a sight that was!!

Yes I will always try to have a balcony

Carnival Destiny was my first balcony. It was a last minute upgrade! We (my girlfriend and I) were upfront, port side and we enjoyed waving at the Captain and his crew every morning. On Destiny, the bridge juts out and the crew uses this space to steer.

It was funny to watch their reactions when we would wave. Some of the crew waved back, others acted embarrassed - I am not sure why.

My next cruise is with my new husband and I am getting a lot of great ideas from this list! Some I know he will really love! ;)

The one and only time we had a balcony, I caught my next door balcony neighbors. I had fallen asleep out there, and around 1 am, I wake up and happen t see my neighbors going at it. The entire rest of the cruise, they would turn beet red whenever they saw me.

If I caught my neighbours at it I would subtly let them know that I was there by loudly saying to DH "oh, look, dear - mating whales!"

I absolutely enjoy sitting on the balcony in the wee hours of the morning and thinking about my co-workers who arn't as lucky as me. Another thing I like to do is to hold out bread so the gulls can dive bomb and take it right outa my hand....

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

No just the folks out on the deck above you. You DO realize that the lido is not the top deck right? No staterooms but a running track and yes people can lean over and look.

Ive been quietly reading this entertaining thread without really posting much. But I must chime in to say YOU HAVE ISSUES. Do you have some kind of psychological trauma with sex? Have you noticed you are the only person who continually bashes everyone who even mentions the word sex....GET A LIFE....good grief

On one of our recent cruises we sat out on the balcony waiting for perfect sunset ( which we all know will come ) and were discussing how nice it would be to have our own little island, and just as we finished the conversation a small island came into view, and it had a little shack what a hoot.

Nothing is ever bad on a balcony, love breakfast out there & husband enjoys a cigar while he takes photos...Later linda

Morning coffee,

afternoon beverage,

Nap (DH is infamous for this),

picture taking,

room service snacks,

DH brings me a drink while Im getting ready for dinner,

watching the sunset (more pics),

night cap,

great s*x!

(had to just say it! lol Especially after reading the great comment from coconuttelegraph! I loved it! lol)