** Balcony Ritual **

VaBeachCruisers897

This thread has me itching for my cruise in February to come quickly!! I'm so glad I decided to upgrade to a balcony; it was a little steep, but will be well worth it as I'm looking to sleep out there one night and will be doing a lot of reading and drinking as well ... I really can't wait!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We sail this Thursday April 5th...our first ever cruise...received a call from CCL the other day with an option to upgrade to a suite balcony, which we accepted...I like Celandine's idea of looking for dolphins but instead of watching, shooting at them with my AR-15 (with silencer so as to not disturb my fellow cabin neighbors) would be fun! :eek: JUST KIDDING!!!!! :D

• 1 month later...

When we sailed to Hawaii, I had hubby up with me early each morning so we could enjoy the sunrise and coffee in quiet serenity before the kids woke up. It gave us a little special "us" time that otherwise lacked during the family cruise.

We have to wait until next February for our next cruise:( But we will have 48 days of balcony bliss as we travel from Los Angeles to New York around the Horn of South America:D. I booked port side so we will be facing land all the way. We have enjoyed ALL the balcony pleasures that others have mentioned and we shall see what South America brings.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Keep in mind that you are very close to your neigbours, there are only flimsy dividers with gaps, and if a pin drops they will hear.

I sleep with the balcony door open - if that pin drops at 4:00 AM I will hear it loud and clear. Chances are I am already on the balcony quietly enjoying the night air.

Balconies are not very private at all, even in the middle of the night. Once I had a neigbour stick his head around the divider and say "so, you can't sleep either?"

that same neighbor looked around at us also, but the only word he said was..

"so.......ahhhhhhh"

maybe he liked the image and hoped it would work again during your cruise as well..

this tread is so ..... relaxing to read kind of what cruising is all about...relaxing

Wow! It amazes me to think that there are some people that just can't take a little sex talk. And I'm 55 by the way and female. It's really too bad. Oh, well. But, my next cruise in June will be our first with a balcony and I never hesitated in thinking what we would be trying out on our balcony. It's just another club to join, those of you mile higher's will know what I'm talking about........lol! And, I'm not apologizing to anybody. If you look onto some else's balcony, then you should expect to be seeing something. Believe me, you may turn red upon seeing me, but I'll just stand tall and proud and thanking God that I'm still able to enjoy it!

well said after 5 years still holds true

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be on my second balcony in March and it's an aft balcony so I plan to do a lot of reading and listening to music out there ... I may also sleep out there one night.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Edited by Virtopia

I normally book a balcony room when I am traveling with my DH and we put the kids in the inside stateroom across from us but for my next cruise I am going with three other ladies and they were pinching pennies and I was fine with booking inside and going along to get along. But imagine the grin on my face when we received a call from the cruise line this week offering a smoking hot deal to upgrade us to balcony rooms. It was only 75.00 per person and we jumped on it and I've been jumping up and down since.

Wipe this grin off my face! I dare ya! :p:p:p So my favorite tradition continues. I'll pop the bottle of Moet Chandon I'm bringing with me as we sail away to celebrate.

• 2 weeks later...

We always try to schedule our cruise during a full moon. After we get back to our cabin in the evening we'll just stand at the railing, holding hands, looking at that beautiful moon, talking about our day and thanking God for how very blessed we are! :)

What a wonderful idea, scheduling for a full moon. We had a full moon on our first cruise and the balcony was wonderful. I'll have to remember the scheduling idea.

Thanks so much.

We've only been on one cruise so it maybe a bit to say we always do this.

On our first cruise, we still had a bottle of wine from our carry on left on the last night of the cruise. We went to the buffet and retrieved a selection of breads, cheeses, pastries, etc., for a picnic on our balcony.

We enjoyed this so much we've decided it will be our 'balcony ritual' to do this on our last night of each cruise.

(only 20 days to go but who's counting?)