Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Celle, it's good to hear from you. I hope all is going well with your new knee and that your not in much pain.

Celle, I'm so in love with this boy. He's such a great partner and so easy to handle and walk with.

I got so used to walking at a slower speed for Brenda and even at some points I felt like I was almost going to drag her......poor little girl. Now I can walk at my usual fast pace and it's so much fun.

Take care of yourself and have a healthy and happy New Year!

Thanks, Roz.

I'm doing OK, resting in bed, with ice packs on the knee, and snuggling with my 2 cats. :)

CCI calls the excessive water drinking "tanking". They say it happens when a dog doesn't know whether there will be more water around. As soon as Horton realizes that there will always be enough water, it should stop. And yes...Orson has the same hole in his lower jaw. It's so nice that after he has a drink he likes to share the excess.

Did/do any of your pups stick their entire snouts in the water? Tyler does that when he's nervous. He dunks his whole snout in the bucket and sucks up water until he has to come up for air.

And, Brenda barks at Horton when she's had enough! Just ONE BIG BARK and he starts backing-up!

LOL! Toby does the same thing to Tyler when he needs to assert his alpha status. It's very different from his usual voice and Tyler only needs to hear it once and his tail is between his legs, backing up, lifting paw in the air and any other submissive gestures he can think of. He hates when his "big dog" is mad at him!

What a gorgeous boy that Horton is! And no wonder Sexy Wexy is so darn good looking, his daddy is way beyond gorgeous! I love those big block heads. That what Renie had.

Nancy, he's just the cutest, biggest, clumsiest, clueless lug of a dog. When I take him out back to go potty, he does his business then insists on rolling in the grass........the grass was wet, the air was cold but he didn't care he wanted to wallow in the grass like a piggy.

When I bring him home and Brenda greets him, she looks him over, he licks her face and lets her walk, sit and lay wherever she wants. The lines have been drawn and he knows that she follows right after me in the pack. Brenda keeps a "no nonsense" kind of air about her.....it's amazing to see the dynamics.

She's such a lady and he's such a tramp!

What have I gotten myself into?

merry christmas

&

happy new year

To some of the nicest people in the world!

The same to you Roz and to all the nice folks and their amazing animals on this thread. Toby and Tyler managed to sit still long enough to get their picture taken under the tree!

Happy Holidays to all!

Kathi & Leo & "boys"

DSCN1774.jpg.675d44c9e7f24df074e3327fcadda91b.jpg

The same to you Roz and to all the nice folks and their amazing animals on this thread. Toby and Tyler managed to sit still long enough to get their picture taken under the tree!

Happy Holidays to all!

Kathi & Leo & "boys"

Toby & Tyler you are so cute......Brenda & Horton send you lots of Licks & Love for the coming year!!!!!

Happy Holidays to all!

Kathi & Leo & "boys"

Awesome pic Kathi!!!!

Joining in on the happy holidays to everyone! I've had a few busy weeks with my own life, dog and of course my two fosters: Cooler and Mackey. While Cooler is very smart and knows all of her advanced commands, she is also a lot of lab, and needs some more maturing. So, I don't think she will go to the January Camp. Good news for me as wel love her so, but, still hoping for the best placement for her.

Mackey is wonderful. So sweet, loyal and incredibly focused on me. Reminds me a lot of Crackers. Did great at the mall this week, and to give him some extra reward, we visited the Santa Line. All those children giving him hugs and love, he thought he was in heaven. I was especially pleased how fucused he stayed as we walked past people making sounds, calling him, snapping their fingers....awwggghhh. I just kept asking him to watch me and we kept walking. Honestly I noticed them more that he did.

Rich and I are doing well after the loss of his mom and some other health issues that have arisen. We are having fun planning a wedding and look forward to both our daughters home for the holidays. Sandy is off to UGA for her allergy testing tomorow...Maybe we can have a better summer this year.

All my love to all my dog loving friends. Happy Cruising too.....:D

Wow where is everybody? Hope everyone is ok.

There I was in everybody's faces, almost everyday. It's almost 2 weeks and we're really settling in. Horton sleeps with me [i love it] he curls his huge body into the back of my knees and only occasionally will wake me up when he turns. He waits very patiently for me to wake in the morning and shows great restraint at having to go potty. He's picking-up on our routines and is displaying great patience towards all of us.

Horton has the cutest "blood-hound" look when he's first waking-up......his eyes have so much soul in them. He's a really dear boy, I'm falling very hard for this dog!

He hasn't even attempted to get up on Brenda's couch. I bought him a huge doggy-bed and he loves it. He uses Brenda's doggy bed at work and I bought him a new crate for work [of which I'm keeping him out of for now because all he wanted to do was curl-up in his crate and ignore me......I don't think so!]

Brenda loves to greet him when we come home from work.....she's totally checking-out where's he's been. He's busy licking her ears and trying to get past her to get to every dogs favorite guy, "Papa!"

Things are going really well and I couldn't be happier or more pleased about CCI's match for me. Like Ken Reid, the trainer, said, "there's always a reason why a certain dog remains with CCI a little longer than others", it's so they can make that "perfect match!"

Now, I'm holding my breath to hear from Horton's Puppyraiser's. I hope they have some puppy pictures for me. :o

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Joining in on the happy holidays to everyone! I've had a few busy weeks with my own life, dog and of course my two fosters: Cooler and Mackey. While Cooler is very smart and knows all of her advanced commands, she is also a lot of lab, and needs some more maturing. So, I don't think she will go to the January Camp. Good news for me as wel love her so, but, still hoping for the best placement for her.

Mackey is wonderful. So sweet, loyal and incredibly focused on me. Reminds me a lot of Crackers. Did great at the mall this week, and to give him some extra reward, we visited the Santa Line. All those children giving him hugs and love, he thought he was in heaven. I was especially pleased how fucused he stayed as we walked past people making sounds, calling him, snapping their fingers....awwggghhh. I just kept asking him to watch me and we kept walking. Honestly I noticed them more that he did.

Rich and I are doing well after the loss of his mom and some other health issues that have arisen. We are having fun planning a wedding and look forward to both our daughters home for the holidays. Sandy is off to UGA for her allergy testing tomorow...Maybe we can have a better summer this year.

How's your daughters wedding plans coming along? Before you know it the day will be here!

Please give Sandy a hug from me. I hope all goes well for her. Poor little girl she's struggled with her allergies so much.

Auntie Sunshine, I wish you could see Brenda watching Horton, you'd get such a kick out of her smiling face.

Have a wonderful holiday with your beautiful family.

Are you planning any cruising in your future?

Mornin' all:

Roz: I am so happy for you! I bet Horton is a blast to watch and grow with. Its been along time since you have had a youngster in the house. Sounds like things are going great. I would love to see Ms. Brenny and Master Horton greating each other, after work. How sweet is that? I told you Ms. Brenny would be a great big (smaller) sister. I am also glad Master Horton is tall. I am sure it seems easier for you to hold onto him.

Sunshine: I am glad everything is working out for you and your family. Live is great when it runs smoothly. Tell Sandy I hope they find out what is making her so itchy.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO OUR LITTLE DIVERSE GROUP!

Mornin' all:

Roz: I am so happy for you! I bet Horton is a blast to watch and grow with. Its been along time since you have had a youngster in the house. Sounds like things are going great. I would love to see Ms. Brenny and Master Horton greating each other, after work. How sweet is that? I told you Ms. Brenny would be a great big (smaller) sister. I am also glad Master Horton is tall. I am sure it seems easier for you to hold onto him.

Sunshine: I am glad everything is working out for you and your family. Live is great when it runs smoothly. Tell Sandy I hope they find out what is making her so itchy.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO OUR LITTLE DIVERSE GROUP!

Nancy, you would have the biggest grin on your face [just like I do], they're so cute together. He's so tall & thin with a huge head & ears and she's so short & sqautty with a big attitude......It's just like you said, they're really becoming "family!" The two of them are bonding really well!!!!

Everything here is good Cindy. Just trying to wrap everything up at work because I will be off all next week. Did you hear Fergunson got released

last week? That's one pup I thought would have graduated.

Den, I am thrilled to announce that our very good friends adopted Fergensen yesterday!!!! They are thrilled!! We had asked that if any dogs were released (in our puppy class) and the puppy raiser wasn't going to take them, that our friends would love to adopt. We found out about it Thursday and they picked him up yesterday at CCI. They are the nicest family I know. She is the secretary for the special ed dept where John works. The sweetest woman, would do anything for you. When Rangeley had pancreatitis she emailed staff and parents and she collected $2,000 for us. She raises money for aids and other charities and she said now CCI will be added to her list. Great Christmas gift for her but a sad day for Danielle.

Sunshine, Don't you just hate it when people make noises and snap their fingers at your dog? :mad: Are they that ignorant? Who does that to a working dog? Thats one thing that makes John crazy. I'm so glad Mackey didn't let them bother him. He is just adorable! :D

We hope this coming year will be better for your family. We are also looking forward to alittle calmer less eventful year.

There I was in everybody's faces, almost everyday. It's almost 2 weeks and we're really settling in. Horton sleeps with me [i love it] he curls his huge body into the back of my knees and only occasionally will wake me up when he turns. He waits very patiently for me to wake in the morning and shows great restraint at having to go potty. He's picking-up on our routines and is displaying great patience towards all of us.

Horton has the cutest "blood-hound" look when he's first waking-up......his eyes have so much soul in them. He's a really dear boy, I'm falling very hard for this dog!

He hasn't even attempted to get up on Brenda's couch. I bought him a huge doggy-bed and he loves it. He uses Brenda's doggy bed at work and I bought him a new crate for work [of which I'm keeping him out of for now because all he wanted to do was curl-up in his crate and ignore me......I don't think so!]

Brenda loves to greet him when we come home from work.....she's totally checking-out where's he's been. He's busy licking her ears and trying to get past her to get to every dogs favorite guy, "Papa!"

Things are going really well and I couldn't be happier or more pleased about CCI's match for me. Like Ken Reid, the trainer, said, "there's always a reason why a certain dog remains with CCI a little longer than others", it's so they can make that "perfect match!"

Now, I'm holding my breath to hear from Horton's Puppyraiser's. I hope they have some puppy pictures for me. :o

The more stories you tell, the more it sounds just like Bailee and Wex. I'm thrilled things are working out great, not that I had any doubts. ;) I hope you have the best puppy raisers, cuz you deserve it. But you know what we all really want??? MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!! :D

Den, I am thrilled to announce that our very good friends adopted Fergensen yesterday!!!! They are thrilled!! We had asked that if any dogs were released (in our puppy class) and the puppy raiser wasn't going to take them, that our friends would love to adopt. We found out about it Thursday and they picked him up yesterday at CCI. They are the nicest family I know. She is the secretary for the special ed dept where John works. The sweetest woman, would do anything for you. When Rangeley had pancreatitis she emailed staff and parents and she collected $2,000 for us. She raises money for aids and other charities and she said now CCI will be added to her list. Great Christmas gift for her but a sad day for Danielle.

I thought I had heard something about friends of yours wanting Fergi. I'm glad it all worked out. He is a great dog. Right now Danielle has Buffy and Buffy's raisers have Pascal. We will be watching Pascal for about four days next month when Buffy's raisers have to go out of town for a few days. That will be four dogs for us. :eek: But it's for good people and a good cause.

Back from a long day of travel and killing time. Turns out Sandy is allergic to several different types of dust mites, american cockroaches and red mulberry. I asked if I got my air ducts cleaned and took out the carpet if that would help, and I got a rather humerous reply. As in...if it was only so easy... Next step allergy shots and hopefully a better season. Poor thing is lying next to Rich as mean mommy would not feed her this morning and then took her to that place where they gave her all those shots....Actually she never holds a grudge and seems just fine after the excitement.

Her flank is shaved and marked from the skin test, her foreleg shaved from the IV...Bet she get's extra love and attention from the family on christmas.