Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Sunshine: I'm so happy for you and especially for Rich. I hope and pray that every day will be a new beginning for a healthy and full life for him. Sandy is such a "rock-star." What a great dog. She's allowed you to bring all those puppies into your home and now she's proven to be the amazing dog that you brought her up to be. A true partner for Rich and you. I'm thrilled for the new beginnings for all of you.

Cindy: Please give your son an extra hug. What a traumatic time for him and putting you through it was so not fair. I hope he appreciates you and I hope that life looks a lot brighter for this young man.

Print those doc's. Love it......"DOC DANCE, HERE WE COME!"

Trudy: Glad to hear that the children are getting settled.

Cindy----I don't have a cabin # yet---we did a guarantee----so I don't know if I will get one before the cruise or when we get there. All I know is that I have a Balcony. Hopefully, we will have the same cabin for both halves.

Not long now and we will be cruising.

How long before they tell you what cabin you have? We have never gotten a guarantee cuz we need the handicapped cabin, so not sure how that works.

I'm going home today instead of tomorrow. My son has the day off (was supposed to be fishing). John is really busy today so I'm taking Wex home with me. It works out perfect with what happened this weekend. My son will have a day of Wex while I do errands with mom and auntie. Wex always makes people feel better and I think my son needs some cheering up right now. He didn't sound to good yesterday, I think things are sinking in. I'll be back tomorrow.

Cindy

I'm going home today instead of tomorrow. My son has the day off (was supposed to be fishing). John is really busy today so I'm taking Wex home with me. It works out perfect with what happened this weekend. My son will have a day of Wex while I do errands with mom and auntie. Wex always makes people feel better and I think my son needs some cheering up right now. He didn't sound to good yesterday, I think things are sinking in. I'll be back tomorrow.

Cindy

You know what they say about the "best laid plans".....life gets in the way.

It's remarkable how these dogs can make life so much better.

They say; things happen for a reason....sometimes, I'd like a better explanation of that!

Sounds like a BIG HUG is desparately needed right now! ;)

Sometimes you don't know your cabin number until you check-in......that would make me nuts.

It is making me NUTS but I couldn't beat the price for two weeks. Maybe we will be sleeping out in the life rafts.:eek: I have a Bal room so hopefully it will be in a good spot.

It is making me NUTS but I couldn't beat the price for two weeks. Maybe we will be sleeping out in the life rafts.:eek: I have a Bal room so hopefully it will be in a good spot.

Although, I have said [and, on more than one occasion], "just get me on the cruise ship......I don't care where I sleep!"

Trudy: What Roz said, there are no "bad" balcony spots! We love the aft of the ship. We did guarantee one time. We did not get our cabin assignment until we checked in. I am "OCD" when it comes to organization, so I was definately a basket case not knowing where the cabin would be in relationship to every where else on the ship. Also, I think guarantee can be more money than some categories and certain sailings. I am sure you will have a great time once you get on that ship and settled in and meet with the Wex Man, Cindy and John.

Okay, I've got two dogs who get yeast infections in their ears consistently and I'm so sick of it.

I was in the Vet's waiting room and another pet owner told me to try atlete's foot cream [he swears by it for his dogs ears.] I'm on the cruise and another passenger and I were talking about Labs & Retrievers and how they're so prone to ear problems.....he recommended Ke-Flow-Dip, it's an anti-fungal, antibiotic that needs an RX; this guy said it's a miracle cream and was invented by a gentleman in Phoenix.

I called my Vet and asked about the Ke-Flow stuff......He's going to call me back tomorrow.

Poor Horty is miserable this week with his ears. The doctor started him on Otomax and it does cure it for a while but it comes back.

Remember when poor Brenda had to go on Prednisone and almost died from it.

Anyone ever try the athlete's foot stuff on their dogs ears? I'm willing to try anything for my poor kids.

Roz: Not on dog ears, but my doctor told me to use athelete's foot cream under my breast, under the bra line. You know we have such lovely weather down here! In the summer I get such a heat rash under there. Then being out in it during the day, I was miserable. The doc was right! It works. I use it in the mornings and then again at night when I go to bed. Clears it up, so I can imagine it will do the same thing for the puppers ears. Sorry you have to deal with it. Hope they both get well, quickly.

Roz: Not on dog ears, but my doctor told me to use athelete's foot cream under my breast, under the bra line. You know we have such lovely weather down here! In the summer I get such a heat rash under there. Then being out in it during the day, I was miserable. The doc was right! It works. I use it in the mornings and then again at night when I go to bed. Clears it up, so I can imagine it will do the same thing for the puppers ears. Sorry you have to deal with it. Hope they both get well, quickly.

Hey, if it's good enough for your "puppies", it's good enough for mine! :D

Exactly! I am kinda embarassed buying it at the store. I wanna say, "My feet don't stink, my boobs are raw!" But I then realize that maybe my feet stinking would be better! LOL.:D

You girls are so FUNNY ! And I love reading you comments. :D

Trudy: What Roz said, there are no "bad" balcony spots! We love the aft of the ship. We did guarantee one time. We did not get our cabin assignment until we checked in. I am "OCD" when it comes to organization, so I was definately a basket case not knowing where the cabin would be in relationship to every where else on the ship. Also, I think guarantee can be more money than some categories and certain sailings. I am sure you will have a great time once you get on that ship and settled in and meet with the Wex Man, Cindy and John.

I really don't care what room I get but hopefully not next to a lot of noise. I know I will have a great time and can't wait to meet the Wex gang. :D

Trudy: Sometimes we just can't help ourselves! :o I always hope these are not the pages new people come on here and see! LOL :eek:

We have truly only had one very noisy room. That was because we were the last cruise before the ship was going into dry dock and they decided they would get a jump on the repairs and started them on our cruise. We had the last room on the aft. Next to it was a large open space that was for crew only. Well, they decided to put the tile saw out there! Also, one night they we stayed over night at the port and where they had the ropes tied to the dock, the rope slipped back and forth and it sounded just like someone pounding on our outside wall. Hubby took off down the hall in his undies after one of the crew members to find out what the noise was. That should be a great visual! Also, our room was right across from the children's program. They entered on our floor, then went up a flight on stairs to the room. I surprised to hear quite a few screaming children that did not want to stay! That was the noised cruise ever. But didn't deter us, we had a good time in spite of it! :D

You know what they say about the "best laid plans".....life gets in the way.

It's remarkable how these dogs can make life so much better.

They say; things happen for a reason....sometimes, I'd like a better explanation of that!

Sounds like a BIG HUG is desparately needed right now! ;)

Well My son had a nice day yesterday. Nothing like Wexler therapy to perk someone up! He doesn't know to much right now cuz two of the boys dropped their cell phones in the water when they were searching for their friend. I'm sure he will find out something today. As far as we know the kid is still in the hospital. I'm sure he will be there for a while.

Okay, I've got two dogs who get yeast infections in their ears consistently and I'm so sick of it.

I was in the Vet's waiting room and another pet owner told me to try atlete's foot cream [he swears by it for his dogs ears.] I'm on the cruise and another passenger and I were talking about Labs & Retrievers and how they're so prone to ear problems.....he recommended Ke-Flow-Dip, it's an anti-fungal, antibiotic that needs an RX; this guy said it's a miracle cream and was invented by a gentleman in Phoenix.

I called my Vet and asked about the Ke-Flow stuff......He's going to call me back tomorrow.

Poor Horty is miserable this week with his ears. The doctor started him on Otomax and it does cure it for a while but it comes back.

Remember when poor Brenda had to go on Prednisone and almost died from it.

Anyone ever try the athlete's foot stuff on their dogs ears? I'm willing to try anything for my poor kids.

I told you a while ago what we were using on Wex and that you should try it. It's called KET Flush, Ketoconazole-EDTA-Tris Multicleanse topical flush. Whew, thats a mouthful. It's made by Butler. We tried a few things but this seems to work pretty good and once the infection is gone you can use it once a week for prevention. I don't always remember to use it. I just got up to get the bottle out of the cabinet to give you the info and Wex came and sat down next to me. I thought that was kind of funny cuz he hates putting anything in his ears. So I checked them and guess what? Both ears have that brown crap! :mad: I guess he knew! Looks like I'll be going down to the vet to pick up another bottle. Our other dogs had an occasional ear infection, but this guy has them all the time.

I used to use deodorant under there. That works if to prevent it, but does nothing for a rash. I have rx cortizone cream and or nystatin powder that I use. I have more like "big dogs" not puppies. :eek: So I need something strong. My body just doesn't adjust to heat.

Trudy: Sometimes we just can't help ourselves! :o I always hope these are not the pages new people come on here and see! LOL :eek:

We have truly only had one very noisy room. That was because we were the last cruise before the ship was going into dry dock and they decided they would get a jump on the repairs and started them on our cruise. We had the last room on the aft. Next to it was a large open space that was for crew only. Well, they decided to put the tile saw out there! Also, one night they we stayed over night at the port and where they had the ropes tied to the dock, the rope slipped back and forth and it sounded just like someone pounding on our outside wall. Hubby took off down the hall in his undies after one of the crew members to find out what the noise was. That should be a great visual! Also, our room was right across from the children's program. They entered on our floor, then went up a flight on stairs to the room. I surprised to hear quite a few screaming children that did not want to stay! That was the noised cruise ever. But didn't deter us, we had a good time in spite of it! :D

Boobs and undies? Who are you people? :eek:

I told you a while ago what we were using on Wex and that you should try it. It's called KET Flush, Ketoconazole-EDTA-Tris Multicleanse topical flush. Whew, thats a mouthful. It's made by Butler. We tried a few things but this seems to work pretty good and once the infection is gone you can use it once a week for prevention. I don't always remember to use it. I just got up to get the bottle out of the cabinet to give you the info and Wex came and sat down next to me. I thought that was kind of funny cuz he hates putting anything in his ears. So I checked them and guess what? Both ears have that brown crap! :mad: I guess he knew! Looks like I'll be going down to the vet to pick up another bottle. Our other dogs had an occasional ear infection, but this guy has them all the time.

Thanks Cindy, I forgot. Is this a prescription type thing or can I buy it over the counter?