Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

[/color]

Trudy, I'm "picture impaired".....I try to post and then they go "poof", I'll try again.

And, can I have some of that soup? Sounds wonderful. My DH is a soup chef....he makes soup every day.

Roz------Send any soup hints my way.:rolleyes:

Roz and Cindy------A couple of plates of nice hot soup coming your way. It tasted good hope you like it.:p

I will be out of town for about a week-----starting sat.----no computer to chat on. I am going to Biloxi with my sister. I have to practice on the slot machines :D Talk to you when I get back.

Have a great week everyone and stay well.

Roz and Cindy------A couple of plates of nice hot soup coming your way. It tasted good hope you like it.:p

I will be out of town for about a week-----starting sat.----no computer to chat on. I am going to Biloxi with my sister. I have to practice on the slot machines :D Talk to you when I get back.

Have a safe trip Trudy! Win lots of money.

Let me check...let's see...nothing rashy here, here or even there.

Sniff, sniff...nope nothing stinking over here or even down there.

I'm clear. :D

You realize your "check" is going around the world.......Back-up and STOP! Where and when did this all go so awry?

Nancy, I blame you. :p

Now, getting back to the cruise ship world. I'm changing ships for next year. I'm going to try the Star for my 2013 coastal. Although the Sapphire is my very favorite...I think I'm ready for a change.

Trudy, when I left for work this morning he had something brewing on the stove and the smell was driving the dogs nuts. It had a tomato base, I saw onions, mushrooms, leeks and some other veggies on the sink. He was really in the throws of something serious. He's a true vegan so I know there was no meat of any kind.

Have fun in Biloxi.

For all of you with yeast issues, you might ask the vet if the human cream myconozle (which I probably misspelled- the iPad and I are fighting) would be safe. Since it is made for tender parts :eek:, it might be better to use than the athletes foot cream and isn't expensive any longer.

Also remember than a wash with dilute vinegar might help. It does a pretty good job on yeast, since it is a mild acid.

Lots of times, Grandma's remedies do a great job for very little $ and are safe as well.

And thanks for the giggles. Like many, I lurk on your thread regularly because there are so many great stories.

Hey gang been a busy month; sorry haven't been on in a while. A few quick updates; I won the HUD case where the landlord wrongfully evicted me because of Blitz. Go Me...

I used a good bit of that money to actually do a vacation, I drove from Gulfport Mississippi to Coleville Calif to visit with my son and his family. Got to hold my grand children; read them book inter act and carve pumpkins.

I am almost finished with Sebastian and his training. I have another 4 weeks with Sebastian and then he is off to his new home and his new DAV handler. I went to the Humane Society to show them Sebastian's progress and he has gained 20lb in a month; its all that good grain free dog food with the raw meat mixed in; he loves it. So I am looking for another dog to rescue for yet another disabled Vet; this young lady was a owner surrender because they had a baby and could not keep the dog. So sad that people do these things; any way its a good thing for me and her name is Nina. She is a German Shepherd and what looks to be a little Belgian with the face.

I love the flop ear; its like she is singling for a permanent left turn; guess her former owner was a Nascar driver...... lol

548938_237095093084663_1969215663_n.jpg

33883_237095246417981_795504248_n.jpg

You realize your "check" is going around the world.......Back-up and STOP! Where and when did this all go so awry?

Nancy, I blame you. :p

Now, getting back to the cruise ship world. I'm changing ships for next year. I'm going to try the Star for my 2013 coastal. Although the Sapphire is my very favorite...I think I'm ready for a change.

It went awry when you and Nancy gave TMI. I'm glad to be innocent in all this. :D

Isn't the Sapphire and Star Princess the same?

Trudy, when I left for work this morning he had something brewing on the stove and the smell was driving the dogs nuts. It had a tomato base, I saw onions, mushrooms, leeks and some other veggies on the sink. He was really in the throws of something serious. He's a true vegan so I know there was no meat of any kind.

Have fun in Biloxi.

Morey is a vegan?? I had no idea. No meat? UGH. I love meat! :D No filet with bernaise?

Edited by rangeley

Morey is a vegan?? I had no idea. No meat? UGH. I love meat! :D No filet with bernaise?

He is boring......I'm telling you B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!! Tofu this and tofu that.....YUCK!

When he orders food in a restaurant the poor waiter has to turn into a scientist! He hates buffet's [although the Sapphire had lots of veggies and tofu on the last cruise!] And, the salad bar always has lots of greens and beans. Again.....BORINNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!

It's much more fun to cruise with the "Sapphire's Princess's" that's what my friends and relatives are calling themselves. :)

For all of you with yeast issues, you might ask the vet if the human cream myconozle (which I probably misspelled- the iPad and I are fighting) would be safe. Since it is made for tender parts :eek:, it might be better to use than the athletes foot cream and isn't expensive any longer.

Also remember than a wash with dilute vinegar might help. It does a pretty good job on yeast, since it is a mild acid.

Lots of times, Grandma's remedies do a great job for very little $ and are safe as well.

And thanks for the giggles. Like many, I lurk on your thread regularly because there are so many great stories.

Barb, thanks for the great suggestions. I'm going to look into Myconozle [sp] and vinegar....what a concept.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Our chatty little group can get to be very colorful, at times.

I can't begin to tell you how many people approached me onboard my last cruise to tell me that they read the blog all the time and enjoy it too!!!!! ;)

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Barb, thanks for the great suggestions. I'm going to look into Myconozle [sp] and vinegar....what a concept.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Our chatty little group can get to be very colorful, at times.

I can't begin to tell you how many people approached me onboard my last cruise to tell me that they read the blog all the time and enjoy it too!!!!! ;)

Anything with "zole" are used for yeast infections.

He is boring......I'm telling you B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!! Tofu this and tofu that.....YUCK!

When he orders food in a restaurant the poor waiter has to turn into a scientist! He hates buffet's [although the Sapphire had lots of veggies and tofu on the last cruise!] And, the salad bar always has lots of greens and beans. Again.....BORINNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!

It's much more fun to cruise with the "Sapphire's Princess's" that's what my friends and relatives are calling themselves. :)

Tofu? Gross!!!! I can only eat so many veggies then I spend the day on the potty! :eek: TMI?

The Star is "sister" to the Golden. The Sapphire and Diamond are "sisters".

Gotcha. We went on the Crown. We really hated MUTS. We didn't see the need for the mind blowing volume coming from the screen all day. It is suppose to be "under the stars" not all day. We wouldn't have minded if the adult pool was accessible for John, but there are stairs all around it. The ship was beautiful and our room was huge!

Anything with "zole" are used for yeast infections.

I thought it was a chore cleaning Miss Brenny's little ears [i used to think they were so big], until I got the elephant known as "HORTON!" His ears are HUGE! And, they hold onto the dirt and gather "stuff!" I feel so bad for him when he shakes his head and ears so loudly that my colleagues, down the hall, tell me they hear him! :(

Gotcha. We went on the Crown. We really hated MUTS. We didn't see the need for the mind blowing volume coming from the screen all day. It is suppose to be "under the stars" not all day. We wouldn't have minded if the adult pool was accessible for John, but there are stairs all around it. The ship was beautiful and our room was huge!

Some people love to be SCREAMED at! I tend to leave the area when it's too much. Thank goodness these ships are big enough to have quiet places and noisy places......whatever your little heart desires! :)

Edited by wizard-of-roz

I thought it was a chore cleaning Miss Brenny's little ears [i used to think they were so big], until I got the elephant known as "HORTON!" His ears are HUGE! And, they hold onto the dirt and gather "stuff!" I feel so bad for him when he shakes his head and ears so loudly that my colleagues, down the hall, tell me they hear him! :(

Wexlers ears are the same way. We have to bribe him to let me put the stuff in his ears with "special cookies". They are Milos sausage slices. I cut one slice into 4 pieces and he is gaga for them. He would let me do anything to get a few pieces. I use them for cutting his nails and he gets a few pieces at bedtime. It's amazing how much these two dogs sound alike.

Wexlers ears are the same way. We have to bribe him to let me put the stuff in his ears with "special cookies". They are Milos sausage slices. I cut one slice into 4 pieces and he is gaga for them. He would let me do anything to get a few pieces. I use them for cutting his nails and he gets a few pieces at bedtime. It's amazing how much these two dogs sound alike.

Can Wexy wag his tail in a circle....not back and forth....in an actual circle? It's so bizarre and so funny to see. Big, round cirlces.

He's such a "Horton!"

Our daughter has been vegan for 5 years. She's perfectly healthy and she never eats tofu! She's cruised as a vegan, too. You can get plenty of protein in a plant-based diet and her food is never boring.

Our daughter has been vegan for 5 years. She's perfectly healthy and she never eats tofu! She's cruised as a vegan, too. You can get plenty of protein in a plant-based diet and her food is never boring.

I'm mostly kidding! He has these wonderful veggie patties that I've been stealing for a fast and yummy lunch. It's just that I love lamb/ribs/steak/prime rib, not all the time but in a fine dining venue.

You're so right there's lots of healthy, tasty and good food to be had as a vegan - Just ask Morey!

He wants me to turn the dogs into vegan's too. But Brenda is doing so well as a 13 year old - "If it ain't broke, why fix it?" Although, someone did mention that their ear problems could be caused by their diet.