Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I can't believe that ignorant slut :eek: who thinks she knows all about "vents!" What is she the vent police? :eek:[/b][/color]

OMD (Oh my Dog) to those reading this that don't understand us and then BOL (bark out loud) Big sissy, calm down! I swear my jaw hit my chest and stayed long enough that my Mama would have said it would freeze that way. Then I gave a good ole BOL. Then I remembered Saturday Night Live with Jane Curtin, "Jane, you ignorant slut!" Then I howled! Thanks for the great laugh, I needed it so badly......Love you to the moon and back! :eek:

Edited by S.S. Cruisers
typos

Good travels, only one big rig that decided our lane would be his. After slamming on my brakes and calling the tailgator behind me a few choice names, the big rig decided the lane he was in was good. Of course I was afraid to get anywhere near his "other" lane. And of course our So. Cal. freeways were full and it wasn't like I could just pick another lane. All turned out well and when I saw my chance to pass him, I did like a bat of he!! !Won't get the results of CT Scan for a couple of days? Now wait for Doctors office to call.

Heading out for "the" CT Scan. After the last posts, I am ready, bring on them big rigs, I can take em! :D

Yes you can!!!!! I'm going to be driving to Oregon on the 23rd. I hate all the 18 wheelers who pass and drive like maniacs. You be careful and know that you have the support of all of us.

Didn't you love "Jane, you ignorant slut", it was one of my most favorite expressions on SNL! And, it does apply to so many circumstances and people in life!

I'm thinking good thoughts for you and for hubby!

Did you read in her first post on that thread that "There are also several locations "backstage" where CM's & the dog owner can take the dog for a potty break." Do you let crew members (CM) take your SD for a potty break? Just wondering.

No crew member has ever or will ever take our daughters service dog for a potty break.

DKD and Ocho

Just wanted to send you the best wishes for Ocho's future. Whether he is off to help someone who needs his help in their daily lives, or he comes home to you - he will be a star and very much-loved either way.

I'm sure you and your family have very heavy hearts today, and dreading tomorrow, but I just know in my heart, that that goofy boy could not have had a better start in life than with you. :).

Edited by fairbourne

DKD and Ocho

Just wanted to send you the best wishes for Ocho's future. Whether he is off to help someone who needs his help in their daily lives, or he comes home to you - he will be a star and very much-loved either way.

I'm sure you and your family have very heavy hearts today, and dreading tomorrow, but I just know in my heart, that that goofy boy could not have had a better start in life than with you. :).

Thank you very much Fairbourne. I don't think any of my family, including me, will get much sleep tonight. The hardest part is going to be watching him being taken back to the kennels tomorrow. Then we can look forward to his monthly puppy reports. We are already figuring out when we can start the next puppy. At first it was going to be the beginning of June when my daughter was off from college. But then we figured he would be too young to go out in public all summer. They have to be at least 5 months old and have all their shots. So now we are thinking sometime around March. We need to talk to CCI tomorrow about it. We keep telling the trainers at CCI that they give you a great dog for your first one so you will take a second one. It worked on us. :D I will let everyone know on Monday how everything went.

I'm not even comfortable letting anyone other than my husband, myself, or my father-in-law hold the leash while he's off duty never mind take him anywhere.

Good luck with Ocho, DKD. I'm sure it will be difficult but at least you know what the other side is like.

We're of to visit Graceland in the morning. I wanted to get an Elvis costume. Hubby said no.

Hello to all of you------I have been lurking. Hope that all of you are doing well and have had a good summer. I have been having some problems since Sept. but still have been able to get away for my short get away's and our cruise. But still I have some issues. Hopefully all will be ok shortly.

Best Wishes Ocho----I can't even think how hard it would be ,for me, to turn over Ocho to CCI. Bless you DKD and family for helping to train a service dog. I am sure who ever gets him will be so blessed.

S.S. Cruisers----hope your CT scan comes out OK. I had one at the beginning of the week to see if anything was going on, beside, my diverticulosis. It turned out that is the problem but this is going on since Sept and still has not cleared up-----so I am still on meds. Doing the CT scan they found a spot on my kidney that has gotten bigger, so I am getting another Ct scan on Monday. Hopefully it is nothing. Enough about me.

I haven't read all the threads so I hope all of you are doing good, have had great cruises, and those that were sick, are getting better.

Time to take some of my meds, that make me really tired, so I will say so long for now. Sending hugs to those that need them. Talk to you soon.

Trudy

DKD and Ocho

You couldn't have said it better. These are my sentiments exactly! :)

Thank you very much Fairbourne. I don't think any of my family, including me, will get much sleep tonight. The hardest part is going to be watching him being taken back to the kennels tomorrow. Then we can look forward to his monthly puppy reports. We are already figuring out when we can start the next puppy. At first it was going to be the beginning of June when my daughter was off from college. But then we figured he would be too young to go out in public all summer. They have to be at least 5 months old and have all their shots. So now we are thinking sometime around March. We need to talk to CCI tomorrow about it. We keep telling the trainers at CCI that they give you a great dog for your first one so you will take a second one. It worked on us. :D I will let everyone know on Monday how everything went.

Awwww! DKD, I hear the trepidation in your writing. Give him a big kiss from all of us. I wish him well in his future and hope that he gets the chance to be by someone's side to assist them through their life!

I'm not even comfortable letting anyone other than my husband, myself, or my father-in-law hold the leash while he's off duty never mind take him anywhere.

Good luck with Ocho, DKD. I'm sure it will be difficult but at least you know what the other side is like.

We're of to visit Graceland in the morning. I wanted to get an Elvis costume. Hubby said no.

I agree, especially with my escape artist, Horton.

Have fun in Graceland. This was one of my most favorite places to visit [i loved Elvis!] We were there before all the barriers went up to keep the public away from Elvis's stuff. DH couldn't wait to sit in Elvis's pink cadillac and jeep.

Hello to all of you------I have been lurking. Hope that all of you are doing well and have had a good summer. I have been having some problems since Sept. but still have been able to get away for my short get away's and our cruise. But still I have some issues. Hopefully all will be ok shortly.

Best Wishes Ocho----I can't even think how hard it would be ,for me, to turn over Ocho to CCI. Bless you DKD and family for helping to train a service dog. I am sure who ever gets him will be so blessed.

S.S. Cruisers----hope your CT scan comes out OK. I had one at the beginning of the week to see if anything was going on, beside, my diverticulosis. It turned out that is the problem but this is going on since Sept and still has not cleared up-----so I am still on meds. Doing the CT scan they found a spot on my kidney that has gotten bigger, so I am getting another Ct scan on Monday. Hopefully it is nothing. Enough about me.

I haven't read all the threads so I hope all of you are doing good, have had great cruises, and those that were sick, are getting better.

Time to take some of my meds, that make me really tired, so I will say so long for now. Sending hugs to those that need them. Talk to you soon.

Trudy

Oh! No! Trudy, I've been thinking about you and wondering where you were. I'm so sorry that you're having health issues. I hope they can be dealt with with medication and rest. It's so hard to be sick when all you want to do is get up and go.

Please take care of you and know that I'm thinking good thoughts for you. Please come back and tell us how your tests went.

Hey, I'm here or there for you bro. You asked for help.....you got it! I can't believe that ignorant slut who thinks she knows all about "vents!" What is she the vent police?

She really told me off didn't she? Telling me about her friends Service Dog who sleeps under her husbands chair was really the highlight of the thread!

Now, what else can I do? Or, what other trouble does my cyber-family have for me to get into? :cool: Good thing this happens online.....or I'd be the victim of someone's evil plot! :eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Oh my, such language!!! My eyes and ears are bleeding!!

Good travels, only one big rig that decided our lane would be his. After slamming on my brakes and calling the tailgator behind me a few choice names, the big rig decided the lane he was in was good. Of course I was afraid to get anywhere near his "other" lane. And of course our So. Cal. freeways were full and it wasn't like I could just pick another lane. All turned out well and when I saw my chance to pass him, I did like a bat of he!! !Won't get the results of CT Scan for a couple of days? Now wait for Doctors office to call.

Wow I'm glad I am not in your way!! I hope hubbys test turns out good. I will be hoping for the best!! Hugs :D

All the best Den and your family too!! I'm already crying and I didnt even know Ocho! :( You already know what a wonderful thing you are doing and I hope that gives you the strength you need. I can't say enough about the wonderful people who raise a puppy. :D

Trudy

Aww Trudy, So sorry to hear about your health problems. John went through the same thing for months, just like you. Big Hugs!! Wex sends a big LICKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

I drive a huge Expedition. DH bought it for me after we had a horrific accident on Interstate 10 in Palm Springs. And, eventhough it's pretty darn big I still get so scared when the truckers think they're driving a sports car and weave in and out of traffic.

I'm glad you arrived safely.

I drive a huge Expedition. DH bought it for me after we had a horrific accident on Interstate 10 in Palm Springs. And, eventhough it's pretty darn big I still get so scared when the truckers think they're driving a sports car and weave in and out of traffic.

I'm glad you arrived safely.

My point exactly! The same area we were in. All is good, just waiting for results and next step.

Thank you all the best wishes.

Hi Lurkers, what's on your mind?

Hi Roz and Everybody!

One of your Lurkers reporting in. My daughter's service dog Gibson has been really sick. We have been to the vet with him several times in the last couple of months. He was up-chucking his meals, but not all the time. It might be two weeks and then another 24 hour round of sick.

We love our vet, he used to take care of our cattle 20 years ago, so have lots of confidence in him. He has called us several times to follow up because he is so worried. This really has him baffled after running multiple blood tests and even a barium x-ray. (Did you know that dogs can get Addison's disease?) All looks good though. Gibson now takes half a Pepcid each morning in case it is a reflux problem. We have a prescription anti-nausea med on hand just in case he starts up again. Also finishing up a round of Prednisone.

So he told us to switch dog food brands to see if it might be that Gibson all of a sudden developed an allergy to his Blue Buffalo. At his suggestion we are trying Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Sweet Potato and Venison flavor. So far so good, with no sick events to date. The real test will be when all the Prednisone is gone. We can tell that the drop back to half a pill each day is making him a little perkier. So we have high hopes that the food switch will be just the ticket.

My daughter has not been well during this time period, so only one appointment to a doctor. Thankfully this was during a not sicky day for Gibson. We cannot take an ill service dog out in public, it would be really mean to try. Oh, I forgot to say that the Prednisone makes Gibson really thirsty which necessitates more trips outside. So Grammie and Grandpa are doing toilet duty more often right now since his mother is in bed most days unable to get outside.

Hope all is well with all of you and your fur babies! (My apologies for any spelling errors.)

Thanks! Beckie