Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Hi everyone. Just a quick hello as I've just finished packing and we are off on our cruise this weekend! :D:D:D

Love the photos of Raylene and Sutter - Raylene's face is a classic! Who knows what's she's thinking! :D

Sutter is very good boy, that's such a lot of doggy biscuits to ignore!

Haven't heard any more news of Aruba, so she must be doing ok, it's been nearly 6 weeks since she went off to training.

And when we come back .... Patter of tiny paws .... :D now that I am really looking forward to!

Hi everyone. Just a quick hello as I've just finished packing and we are off on our cruise this weekend! :D:D:D

Love the photos of Raylene and Sutter - Raylene's face is a classic! Who knows what's she's thinking! :D

Haven't heard any more news of Aruba, so she must be doing ok, it's been nearly 6 weeks since she went off to training.

And when we come back .... Patter of tiny paws .... :D now that I am really looking forward to!

Have a wonderful, restful and well-earned cruise and vacation.

Aruba is being thought about all the time and all the positive vibes are keeping her on the right track.

Have fun......I can't wait until you get home and we'll have another baby to follow!

Bon~Voyage!

I'm happy! Jagger's departure is delayed a few days.

Because of the uncertainty of where Tropical Storm Ericka will hit, they called me and said they thought it might be too stressful to be away from "home" if the weather gets hairy. Of course I said "NO PROBLEM!"

I live in Central Florida and it's ..at the moment...supposed to go right over us. Of course it may fizzle but who knows.

Holly

Because of the uncertainty of where Tropical Storm Ericka will hit, they called me and said they thought it might be too stressful to be away from "home" if the weather gets hairy. Of course I said "NO PROBLEM!"

I live in Central Florida and it's ..at the moment...supposed to go right over us. Of course it may fizzle but who knows.

Holly

Holly, be safe and take care of each other!

To all our other friends in Florida, I hope that Ericka leaves you safe and sound.

Have a wonderful time Fairbourne! I am sure that you are anxious to hear about Aruba - she is the star of her class no doubt.

Dianne

Holly

Stay safe Holly and enjoy your extra time with Jagger.

Dianne

Dianne, how's Henri doing? How are you doing? Is she settling in well?

Henri is doing great Roz. She is settling in and we are getting in to our routine. She is such a big sweetie. We have our first Vet appointment Monday and she has been to the store, to the hairdresser and a few other places with me. I am already learning about the people sticking their hands out at her and whistling at her. I am working on keeping her focused and ignoring the distractions! Here is a picture from today.

Dianne

IMG_0005_zps0oy0pvac.jpg

Henri is doing great Roz. She is settling in and we are getting in to our routine. She is such a big sweetie. We have our first Vet appointment Monday and she has been to the store, to the hairdresser and a few other places with me. I am already learning about the people sticking their hands out at her and whistling at her. I am working on keeping her focused and ignoring the distractions! Here is a picture from today.

Dianne

IMG_0005_zps0oy0pvac.jpg

Henri is gorgeous and I see she has her "Piggy" with hearts on it! Yes, the distracting hands and whistles are a pain in the you know what! But I have to say on occasion Aruba would give the offender a look that can only be given by a dog and I swear to dawg she would roll her eyes as if to say "I'm working, don't you know, you ...... (Fill in the blank), ;):eek:

Thank you all for your Bon voyage wishes. :D. We are safely in sunny and warm Southampton waiting for our taxi to head to the ship. From our hotel I can see two big cruise ships, Caribbean Princess and the Anthem of the Seas and I think our little Regent Voyager is tucked in behind the mammoth Anthem of the Seas - Well I hope so!!!

My darling DH said when I read all your good wishes out to him, "but who is this Mr Fairbourne"! LOL!! Only men, eh! ;)

See you soon!

A very excited Mrs F is about to do the cruiser's happy boarding dance! :D;):D

Holly

Stay safe Holly and Jagger - why do I always want to sing "dance like Jagger" when I write Jagger's name - ok it's my boarding song now! I'm off before they cart me off :rolleyes: ... "dance like Jagger, dance like Jagger" .... Yep fully loopy this morning! LOL!

Well that is Jagger's theme song by Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger!

Ericka has fizzled out!

But wow, did we get a lot of rain last night. 4 1/2 inches in about an hour. Geesh. Had to go out in the pouring rain and drain about 4 inches out of the pool. It was right up to the tippy top.

Jagger stayed dry but like a good boy watched me do it. :rolleyes:

:eek: OK, So I contacted the USDA in Gainesville and they sent me a ton of forms and told me these had to be filled out for Hoover to go on cruise. I went to the vet office and they said no, they filled it all out but I had to do it 7 days prior to the cruise then drive two and a half hours to Gainesville to have them sign off on the vet certificate. So I had to take Katelyn to Gainesville so I stopped by Gainesville office as the forms they sent were out of date. They stated the only stop that required a titer test for Hoover was Grand Turk and it would cost about 500.00 by the time testing was done, etc. So we talked about it and decided that we would take turns getting off ship and leave Hoover on board with one of us at all times so we don't have to spend that kind of money. Then she says we only need to come up to Gainesville if we do Grand Turk but the Bahamas portion does not need to be certified by them. The vet says yes it does. And it needs to be done two days prior to us leaving. I swear I am not incompetent nor am I a complete idiot, why can't I just get a straight answer? I do know I need to send in the Bahamas request, but all the others are ok. Does someone meet you at the pier when you have the service dog to check records? Or do you carry them with just in case? Do you go someplace specific? Why do I feel like I am doing this completely wrong?

Edited by Kiddiecakes

Oh joy....Gainesville sounds like they have no idea of what they are doing!

When it's time for my cruise, that's where I have to go and like you, it's a two and a half hours.

Okay, some places don't require the USDA certification, just the form filled out by an USDA accredited vet. The Bahamas do not seem to require the USDA office certification.

From what I can see the Turks and Caicos do require a titer test, plus a tick and tapeworm certificate.

I know titer tests are expensive, but $500?!!!!

Auntie Roz? Do you know?

Dianne

IMG_0005_zps0oy0pvac.jpg

Dianne, she's such a beautiful girl. I'm so happy to hear that you're settling in and getting a routine going. She definitely looks like a sweet girl ♥

Good luck at the Vets. Aren't people weird how they'll try and distract her......I'll NEVER understand what's in their heads. So thoughtless!!!!

On Friday, we were in the market and Horton is just a "rock-star" in the market and in the mall. A man kept trying to get his attention by whistling at him and of course Horton would turn his head.......I corrected him and used the word "leave it" and eventually he ignored the man every time we'd pass him.

I ALWAYS get a kick out of the people who when they see Horton coming towards them they look away or up. When I pass them I ALWAYS say "thank you!" They're doing exactly what the general public should do. Don't make eye contact with the Service Dog!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Hi everyone! Last Saturday, I returned from my one week Norway cruise. My parents welcomed me in Rotterdam and had brought Joy with them. Joy was sooo excited to see me again! Definitely the best part of cruising without your service dog: returning and being welcomed so extremely enthusiastically ❤️ It put a smile on many people's faces :)

I had an awesome cruise, but now I feel completely worn out. I'll tell you later about my cruise when I'm a bit better. Here are already some pictures to give you an idea:

image.jpg1_zpsoyatw6uf.jpg