Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Holly I am so sorry to hear about Bear, its never easy losing a beloved member of your family. Congrats on getting Jagger full-time!

Cindy I am glad that you were able to find an alternate venue so quickly. I am sure that it will be a beautiful wedding.

The best thing that I ever did was rip up all of the carpeting in my house. Luckily we had hardwood floors underneath. It was a thing in the late 1960's to cover up the hardwood with carpet. So much easier to take care of especially when you have animals.

Henri celebrated her 3rd birthday on Saturday. We took her to Muir Woods for a hike. I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area all of my life and have never been to Muir Woods or Alcatraz. I guess Alcatraz is next on the list.

IMG_4085%201_zpsps5jimi7.jpg

IMG_1_zpscko0l1eg.jpg

Henri at Lake Tahoe this past week.

IMG_4009_zpse4zr9dgl.jpg

Such a beautiful girl!!!!! I'm so glad to see that you're totally enjoying her!

I tried to add my dog with my and my fiancé's cruise with Carnival last Dec but the agent I booked it with was relunctant to do so. We've been asked on another Carnival cruise for Nov 2017 & this time I want to bring her along.

Is there a number or email contact at Carnival so I can make this process smoother?

Time to change TA's and let them know why!

Carnival Special Needs Dept. 1.800.438.6744 Ext. 70344.

NEVER, NEVER let a TA or anyone else tell you that it's too much trouble to travel anywhere, anyway with your Service Dog!!!!!

Oh and I forgot. This is what happened to the bride two days before the wedding. We are lucky she's alive. I guess the venue burning down wasn't enough.

Cindy, I love the pictures.....CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! The bride is adorable and so lucky!!!

Wexy and that precious little boy are definite scene stealers!!!!!

This is one more thing you can put behind you!

Wow, they sure faced way too much drama before the wedding - but oh, what wonderful photos! Wexler looks like a rock star.

Love all the other photos of the dogs - Henri, Naini, and Bucky!

Jagger and I are doing well. We did a St. John's River boat cruise on Saturday. He did very well, except we have to work a little harder on steps. He's done well so far, but the distance from the boat to the step was more than he was used to and he didn't do a wait. Oh well, something to work on harder.

Then yesterday we went out to the Ranch for a cook out and he got to play with all his friends. Came back one very tired dog. :)

Holly

Cindy, I love the pictures.....CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! The bride is adorable and so lucky!!!

Wexy and that precious little boy are definite scene stealers!!!!!

This is one more thing you can put behind you!

I can't wait to see the pics of them coming down the aisle. John and I were out of Wexler's sight so he wouldn't bolt towards us.

Time to change TA's and let them know why!

Carnival Special Needs Dept. 1.800.438.6744 Ext. 70344.

NEVER, NEVER let a TA or anyone else tell you that it's too much trouble to travel anywhere, anyway with your Service Dog!!!!!

You going on Carnival?

Wow, they sure faced way too much drama before the wedding - but oh, what wonderful photos! Wexler looks like a rock star.

Love all the other photos of the dogs - Henri, Naini, and Bucky!

Jagger and I are doing well. We did a St. John's River boat cruise on Saturday. He did very well, except we have to work a little harder on steps. He's done well so far, but the distance from the boat to the step was more than he was used to and he didn't do a wait. Oh well, something to work on harder.

Then yesterday we went out to the Ranch for a cook out and he got to play with all his friends. Came back one very tired dog. :)

Holly

As CCI puts it, "a tired dog is a happy dog!"

Edited by wizard-of-roz

You going on Carnival?

It's all about the timing. It's for my daughter's birthday; it's 15 days; it's before the Christmas break [there won't be too many families and young kids onboard], and I don't like the Star Princess.

Depending on the length of the cruise, the ship [we both like the Miracle], the venue and especially the time of year is what I based this choice on. My daughter likes familiarity more than anything. I took her and my granddaughters on the Miracle last year and they had such a fabulous time, she loved the ship. It's a perfect size and had just enough bells and whistles for her!

As CCI puts it, "a tired dog is a happy dog!"

LOL Saturday I took Lucy kayaking for the first time for either of us - we were both so tired we went to bed about 8:00 and she did not even want to get up for breakfast and you know for a lab that is pretty darn tired!

She spent more time swimming than kayaking...

LOL Saturday I took Lucy kayaking for the first time for either of us - we were both so tired we went to bed about 8:00 and she did not even want to get up for breakfast and you know for a lab that is pretty darn tired!

She spent more time swimming than kayaking...

Sounds like a wonderful day for her.

I haven't tested Horton on anything other than a closed pool because he has such poor "recall", I'm afraid if I set him loose in a lake or ocean he would be gone in 60 seconds! I love and admire his spirit but he scares me to death when he's off leash!!!!

Happy news after making final payment for our Alaska cruise at the end of August - our booking now shows our dining request as First (which we waitlisted for) instead of Open Seating. I had mentioned the request when returning my paperwork to the Access Dept., so maybe they had an influence. Or maybe it was the travel agency.

As you all know, it's so much easier to have the same table for dinner where the dog's tail won't get stepped on, and HAL so far has been great about that. Last cruise, they very kindly put us at a four-top table set for two against a wall in a corner. Perfect! She scooted under alongside my chair immediately every night, was invisible to waiters & passengers, and quietly snoozed until time to leave.

We have a small but entertaining Roll Call group for this cruise, which happens to be a "Sip Savor Sail" cruise. Some of our members report that they enjoy sampling wines (count me in), so they have dubbed our Roll Call as "Raylene & the Winos."

Happy news after making final payment for our Alaska cruise at the end of August - our booking now shows our dining request as First (which we waitlisted for) instead of Open Seating. I had mentioned the request when returning my paperwork to the Access Dept., so maybe they had an influence. Or maybe it was the travel agency.

As you all know, it's so much easier to have the same table for dinner where the dog's tail won't get stepped on, and HAL so far has been great about that. Last cruise, they very kindly put us at a four-top table set for two against a wall in a corner. Perfect! She scooted under alongside my chair immediately every night, was invisible to waiters & passengers, and quietly snoozed until time to leave.

We have a small but entertaining Roll Call group for this cruise, which happens to be a &qu<script id="gpt-impl-0.9648933115264774" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_88.js"></script>ot;Sip Savor Sail" cruise. Some of our members report that they enjoy sampling wines (count me in), so they have dubbed our Roll Call as "Raylene & the Winos."

So cute. Our fellow passengers can make or break our cruise experience. Some of my most favorite cruises were because of the folks I met onboard!!!!

We have a small but entertaining Roll Call group for this cruise, which happens to be a "Sip Savor Sail" cruise. Some of our members report that they enjoy sampling wines (count me in), so they have dubbed our Roll Call as "Raylene & the Winos."

OMG that is too funny...Raylene is the designated driver!

My handsome boy!!

Such a beautiful boy!!! Horton has a huge grey whisker. At first, I was tempted to tell the groomer to cut it off and then I realized that whiskers serve a purpose for our dogs and should be treated with respect, as should the grey chin that starts to appear and shows so easily on our black dogs.

Wexy has earned his grey chin and wears it very proudly!!!!

It's all about the timing. It's for my daughter's birthday; it's 15 days; it's before the Christmas break [there won't be too many families and young kids onboard], and I don't like the Star Princess.

Depending on the length of the cruise, the ship [we both like the Miracle], the venue and especially the time of year is what I based this choice on. My daughter likes familiarity more than anything. I took her and my granddaughters on the Miracle last year and they had such a fabulous time, she loved the ship. It's a perfect size and had just enough bells and whistles for her!

Nice Roz! We have one booked in January.