Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

We're headed to the Carolina coast tomorrow morning. Let me know if you get out that way in the coming week. We'll be with my family on Emerald Isle (although the three of us are staying in our RV at the National Forest Service Cedar Point campground just across the RT. 58 bridge).

Raylene and her "wino" friends from the Roll Call are making big plans for our August cruise (which will have many wine-related events on board). It turns out many of us have booked rooms on the Lower Promenade Deck, now known as the "Poop Deck" since that's where the relief box is located. So we may have fun company for the daily walks around the Promenade. Really looking forward to it!

Chris thanks so much for the invite - I do wish I could get out that way but it is doubtful. I hope you guys have a great trip.

We are going to Wrightsville Beach in July with my daughter - she gets in tomorrow night from her teaching job in Bangladesh! She will be with us for about 6 weeks before she heads back.

Now that Poop Deck thing is really funny - sounds like a great group going on that cruise!

My 70lb dog is deathly afraid of one of my cats. It is actually quite funny to see her try to walk into a room and take a route that is as far as possible away from the cat. Of course, the cat has never tried to attack the dog, that would be scary.

Dianne & Henri

That is so funny [i guess not so much for the dog!]

Horton doesn't like when people raise their voices or argue. He looks for another room to go into and waits until the discord has passed. He's such a sensitive boy!!!

We took Henri on a ferry boat ride on San Francisco Bay over the weekend to test out her "sea legs" for our upcoming cruise. She had no problems. She has passed all of the tests with flying colors - airplanes, hotels and boats. I think we are ready to cruise with her! We met another CCI family on the ferry and Henri made a new friend.

Dianne

IMG_02_zpsrc1csmpx.jpg

HRPG9072_zpssmuz4jju.jpeg

Henri, you're such a pretty girl. I love your eyes.

Dianne, isn't it wonderful how well our dogs travel!

Keith. You wouldn't believe how this room filled with people I've never met, have helped me through some really tough times. You'll never find better people! ❤❤❤

Some of us have lost dearly loved pets and Service Dogs, some of us have lost dearly loved spouses, some have had birthdays, holidays, weddings, births and cruises. We've shared great happiness, disappointments and have cheer leaded each other through the wait list and Team Training. Some of us have cruised together or have been on different ships in the same ports and have past notes and gifts to each other via a crew member.

Some have been here since the very inception of this thread, some come here to just read what we have to say and NEVER write in [i've met many of you onboard cruises who go out of their way to tell me this!]

We are the best kind of family.......We choose to be here!

Hi Keith, can I send my best wishes to you too while you care for your Dad, and lots of puppy kisses and puppy hugs and tail wags from Miss Bonnie! She is 10 months old now - can you believe it!

Henri, I'm with Aunty Roz - you have such beautiful eyes and smile - what a star!

Chris - wishing you and Raylene and the DH a wonderful trip, sounds like great fun. I loved the poop deck - wish I was going on that cruise with Raylene and the Winos! LOL!

I'm going to try and post some photos now but I still get logged out post by post - it's a nuisance but when we were away on our cruise it didn't happen! Maybe it's the Scottish Internet!

Have a great weekend everyone - we had our "summer" the last few days with a high of maybe 20C - ha ha, today it is back to about 10C! We've got the heating on! Feels like November, not mid-summer! But we do have lovely long evenings and in fact it doesn't really get dark much at all - light till about 11 and then the birds are up and chirping again by 3.30am! You really need blackout curtains but we are used to it. It's just like when you cruise in Alaska.

image.jpg.0ecef3e6283a76e095cbe459839f9542.jpg

Hi Keith, can I send my best wishes to you too while you care for your Dad, and lots of puppy kisses and puppy hugs and tail wags from Miss Bonnie! She is 10 months old now - can you believe it!

Henri, I'm with Aunty Roz - you have such beautiful eyes and smile - what a star!

Chris - wishing you and Raylene and the DH a wonderful trip, sounds like great fun. I loved the poop deck - wish I was going on that cruise with Raylene and the Winos! LOL!

I'm going to try and post some photos now but I still get logged out post by post - it's a nuisance but when we were away on our cruise it didn't happen! Maybe it's the Scottish Internet!

Have a great weekend everyone - we had our "summer" the last few days with a high of maybe 20C - ha ha, today it is back to about 10C! We've got the heating on! Feels like November, not mid-summer! But we do have lovely long evenings and in fact it doesn't really get dark much at all - light till about 11 and then the birds are up and chirping again by 3.30am! You really need blackout curtains but we are used to it. It's just like when you cruise in Alaska.

Hang in there Fairbourne with the logging on issues, I had that for a while and contacted the moderators of the board [or someone] involved with CC and they fixed it but not before I stayed away out of frustration!!!! I NEED to write to you all, I just NEED to!!!!

Your weather there in lovely ole Scotland sounds so interesting. We, here in L.A. don't get much weather......it's why it costs so much just to breathe here!!!! I swear the taxes that are taken out of my paycheck here in sunny L.A. could support a clan in the Ozarks!

I love the land of the midnight sun......I don't much like the long nights in winter!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

I swear the taxes that are taken out of my paycheck here in sunny L.A. could support a clan in the Ozarks!!

It doesn't cost that little to live in the Ozarks - gas today was $2.09 and a gallon of milk was about $2.50 at Aldi. Rents may seem low, but pay is lower as well.

Come late autumn, all the produce is frozen or canned, or has to be trucked in from elsewhere. Of course many people have gardens, and the running joke is to be sure you have your windows rolled up at stoplights in August or someone will throw in their extra zucchini. Except I even killed zucchini.

If you come to the Ozarks, let me know. I'm right here! :D

Okay, time to catch up.

Keith: Spend as much time with your dad as possible. I found just sitting with my mom was enough. She couldn't carry on a conversation anyway, but her hearing my voice, no matter what I was saying was contentment enough for her.

Fairbourne: OMD, Ms. Bonnie is the most lovely color of butterscotch! Beautiful.

The rest of you have the best looking furkids on the planet! I think I might just be a little biased, but I don't care.

Our humidity is off the chart here. We are not use to that. Give me the dry heat, please and thank you.

Hope everyone has a tremendously great weekend.

Huggles to everyone. :D

Some of us have lost dearly loved pets and Service Dogs, some of us have lost dearly loved spouses, some have had birthdays, holidays, weddings, births and cruises. We've shared great happiness, disappointments and have cheer leaded each other through the wait list and Team Training. Some of us have cruised together or have been on different ships in the same ports and have past notes and gifts to each other via a crew member.

Some have been here since the very inception of this thread, some come here to just read what we have to say and NEVER write in [i've met many of you onboard cruises who go out of their way to tell me this!]

We are the best kind of family.......We choose to be here!

Well said Roz!

Dianne

Relief area was on deck four of the Celebrity Millennium cruise ship. It was much smaller then our last cruise ship and had wood shavings instead of mulch. Katie Meredith, Medical Alert Service Dog was not happy with it but but used it anyway.

You can see this video on YouTube under title, Katie Meredith, medical alert service dog on celebrity millennium cruise ship. It is about 16 seconds

Edited by bgm209
Can not get video or photos attached

It doesn't cost that little to live in the Ozarks - gas today was $2.09 and a gallon of milk was about $2.50 at Aldi. Rents may seem low, but pay is lower as well.

Come late autumn, all the produce is frozen or canned, or has to be trucked in from elsewhere. Of course many people have gardens, and the running joke is to be sure you have your windows rolled up at stoplights in August or someone will throw in their extra zucchini. Except I even killed zucchini.

If you come to the Ozarks, let me know. I'm right here! :D

Barb, here in L.A. our gas is $3.00 or more and as the summer approaches it just keeps climbing. I promise you, no one is throwing anything as good as zucchini at each other.....in certain areas we have to do a lot of bobbing and weaving just to avoid hitting each others cars and other stuff , I don't care to mention. But, we love our weather!!!!! ;)

Relief area was on deck four of the Celebrity Millennium cruise ship. It was much smaller then our last cruise ship and had wood shavings instead of mulch. Katie Meredith, Medical Alert Service Dog was not happy with it but but used it anyway.

You can see this video on YouTube under title, Katie Meredith, medical alert service dog on celebrity millennium cruise ship. It is about 16 seconds

She is such a good girl. Our dogs go out of their comfort zones to please us and go potty in the most bizarre boxes, filled with the most bizarre "stuff!" Such good dogs........I just adore them ♥ ♥ ♥

And....brand new puppies born this morning! I got to see three of them born - amazing.

They are Jagger's half brothers and sisters.

The cutest little angels! The miracle of the birth of these dogs NEVER ceases to amaze me ♥ How lucky you were to witness the birth.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

We just got back from spending a few days visiting our puppy raiser friends in South Carolina. Rangeley knows who I mean. Their daughter even drove up from Orlando and spent a few days with us. Orson and Sutter were great in the car. Sutter had a great time playing with their puppy in training, Higgins. He turns in in orlando in August. Now it's on to finalizing our Alaska trip in August.

We just got back from spending a few days visiting our puppy raiser friends in South Carolina. Rangeley knows who I mean. Their daughter even drove up from Orlando and spent a few days with us. Orson and Sutter were great in the car. Sutter had a great time playing with their puppy in training, Higgins. He turns in in orlando in August. Now it's on to finalizing our Alaska trip in August.

I love the name Higgins....so cute!

Besides interacting with a Seeing Eye Dog and her owner "Denver Sees For Me", Cari, [who comes to our thread every once in a while and loves to cruise Disney], I don't get much of a chance to interact with other CCI folks living here in L.A. Everyone's either down in San Diego county or up in Santa Rosa. CCI tried an office in Beverly Hills and it was so nice to be able to meet with CCI folks there but it was only for a year or two and then it was gone! A very generous supporter of CCI donated the office for a while and then leased it out. Maybe it didn't generate enough interest, I don't know!!!

Your August trip is getting closer. I haven't cruised since December and I have to wait until November.......I'll live vicariously through all of you.

So now that we think we may want to keep doing this puppy raising thing, we got rid of the wall to wall carpet in the living room and hallway and put in the vinyl equivalent of hardwood laminate. The 80's called and wanted their kitchen linoleum back so we put the same stuff in the kitchen. Much easier for those pups that aren't quite housebroken yet. Now we are just waiting for our Alaska cruise to get here. Not rushing that because we want some summer first.

DisneyKidsDad,

We are new puppy raisers with CCI and I was wondering if any of the cruise lines allow service dogs in training on their ships. Forgive me if you answered this already in your thread but I couldn't find any info. Thanks!