Emerald Princess- Question about interior cabin

Fred49

Am sailing on the January 5, 2008 Eastern Caribbean itinerary on Emerald Princess. If you've been in an interior cabin, please tell me what it's like. Understand it's rather small. . . .I'm book on Lido deck Cabin 105. Anyone ever stayed in that one. Let me know if you did.

Thanks,

Fred

Fred, I've been in inside cabins. I don't find them any smaller than OV cabins. If you have never been on a cruise ship you will probably be surprised how much smaller the room is than a typical motel room. They are well designed and if you put your baggage under the beds you will have enough space.

Just did the Emerald in an inside and there was PLENTY of room! We, two girls with alot and I mean alot of clothing etc, had no problems with space. We were on Aloha deck and there was a nice desk space with a closed door cubby, room under the beds for several suitcases and very ample closet and a multi tiered cubby near the bathroom!

Just came off the Emerald! BooHoo:( We had an inside room on the Riviera deck and really like it. It was dark but not pitch black due to light that comes in from the vent in the door. The size was just right. We didn't spend a lot of time in it anyway! Your room is on the back side of the Thermal suite so that should be quiet on the sides but it does seem that you are right under the fitness center which does have long and early open hours. You might want to check on that. We were right under MUTS and got to listen to the sun chairs being moved each night at 1 am. You get use to it.

Also just off the Emerald Bcn-Vce 22 Jun: we had a interior on Riveria and a PH on Riveria. The inside was simply efficient. 2 sets of bunk beds, desk with tv and large closet area on backside of the desk. My wife was quarantined for 12 hours in there to make sure 1 of the kids didnt have Novo. It got pretty claustrophobic. Cozy and efficient if you can leave when you want. Also, lots of spoiled kids on our deck running up and down the hallways all hours at night (knocking on all doors, etc). Security got under control by the last few days. Shame on the parents for not caring to have any control of their kids.

Although I am claustrophobic, and would not be able to handle an inside to begin with. The fear of being quarantined to an inside cabin would be the one thing that would stop me from booking one. Although they are the size of an OV, or darned close. They tend to feel smaller as without a window, there are four walls only.

For some passengers that only use their cabins to sleep and shower, they are probably good enough. But anyone who spends anymore time in there I would think would really miss a lot of the cruise experience. Half our cruising memorys are enjoying our cabin.

So you had bratty kids on your deck also! I think it was our whole ship. We had awful kids on Deck 14 too! I felt sorry for the kids that were being good! I would like to have shot a couple of parents. Anyway,

what were your child's symptoms? My husband got really sick within hours of leaving the ship. It was a horrendous 22 hour trip home and two more days at home. I did call Princess and they said some people were sick but no big outbreak.

The cabin sizes will be similar. One thing I like about inside cabins is how completely dark they get. I am an early riser based on when the sun peaks through window. Some of the best sleep I have ever received was when I was in an inside cabin and didn't get the visual clue, so I slept in.

• 3 months later...

There are 3 of us, dh, dd and myself. Does anyone have any specific interior cabins to suggest for the choices of interior cabins:

KK Dolphin , Caribe

K Plaza , Emerald , Dolphin

L Plaza

Started researching and am VERY confused :confused: . Any help is appreciated. TIA. :)

There are 3 of us, dh, dd and myself. Does anyone have any specific interior cabins to suggest for the choices of interior cabins:

KK Dolphin , Caribe

K Plaza , Emerald , Dolphin

L Plaza

Started researching and am VERY confused :confused: . Any help is appreciated. TIA. :)

the Plaza deck is a very convenient place to have a cabin.

You know we always book at least a mini, but that comment about being quarantined just freaked me out. I do not think I would do so well in an inside just thinking about the possibility of getting sick that I think it would make me sick. I think maybe I am too claustrophobic. So now I know we will never be able to book an inside, because it just scared me so much lol.:eek:

Mrs2cats (love that name btw :) ), would you happen to have any more photos of that cabin? Dh is afraid I would not be happen in an inside cabin because we stayed in a mini suite on the Golden. BUT now that we are a family of 3, AND we are looking at a Christmas cruise, the price difference of $2300 :eek: is REALLY significant.

I will have a look but one of them I can't put on here is because I forgot to check the mirror when I took the photo and I can be seen in my underwear!

Also I must tell you that I was not well with a tummy problem and had to stay in our cabin for 24 hours but I felt so rough I slept most of the time and was not worried about being in an inside cabin. The mirrors really help to reflect light and the area next to the bathroom, which is your closet is very spacious.

Look at this but print it off first and turn it on end, it is the view from the closet area, looking into our cabin.

539465439_Cruise2070.jpg.da3857664d2c0ef9695dca5a6c73cec0.jpg

Archived