White Soft Sandy Beach In Cozumel

cruzn buckeye

I just read that Paradise beach is not so great.

I also read that Playa Sol is now Playa Mia. Is that true?

Please tell me the best soft, sandy, beach to go to in Cozumel!

Thanks!

Where did you read that paradise beach is no bien? From everything I have heard about the place its a great time and good fun to be had!

Just got back from the Triumph and Paradise Beach was our favorite stop. Floated on the mats - drank Sol beer and got a massage on the beach - what more can anyone want. Also met PB Tom who brought us extra guacamole because he thought it was "a little salty" - we thought it was great. But the best part of the PB visit was the help from everyone. One member of our group left her purse in the cab and Paradise Beach had written down our cab number and she got her purse back with everything in it!! The PB people took such good care of us - that I highly recommend this experience. Also - the 6 of us eat and drank (plenty!) for around $20 a head including a nice tip for our waiter! You simply can not beat this place!

Just got back from the Triumph and Paradise Beach was our favorite stop. Floated on the mats - drank Sol beer and got a massage on the beach - what more can anyone want. Also met PB Tom who brought us extra guacamole because he thought it was "a little salty" - we thought it was great. But the best part of the PB visit was the help from everyone. One member of our group left her purse in the cab and Paradise Beach had written down our cab number and she got her purse back with everything in it!! The PB people took such good care of us - that I highly recommend this experience. Also - the 6 of us eat and drank (plenty!) for around $20 a head including a nice tip for our waiter! You simply can not beat this place!

When did you get back from your trip? I'm planning on being in Cozumel on Sept 4th.

Lisa

I have been to Cozumel on cruises and have been to a few beaches there. I find their beaches not that nice and many rocky in the water. I have been to Play del Sol to me, was just an ordinary beach area nothing special with lots of rocks in many parts of the water....been to San Francisco beach which was worse....now I hear about Paradise Beach, sounds like Paradise but I assume its just like Playa del Sol.....

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area and consider our beaches here to be much more beautiful and clear rock free water. I now stay away from the beaches in Cozumel because to me they are nothing special. If you live in a state with no beach, I would have to say then definately try one of Cozumel's beaches.....

If somebody can tell me of a better beach there that I never been to, please do so. Need suggestions what to do in Cozumel, I have so much onyx from there, I need another thing to do other than shopping for onyz. :)

Paradise Beach does have beautiful, soft sand out of the water. I would recommend wearing water socks, however, because there is some broken coral in the water that is the same color as the sand and is easy to step on. In no way would this prevent me from going to Paradise Beach again. It is wonderful! Pay only for food and drink. Everything else is free!

I read that bad review on Paradise beach too. It was right after the hurricane went through the caribbean.:( It's funny that all of the reviews of Paradise were fantastic until the hurricane went through. The CCer that did the review said that rocks and seaweed were everywhere. I think the strong storm winds blew in rocks and seaweed. It also made the water kind of murky too. I think the person doing the review just hit Paradise at a bad time. Paradise usually gets good reviews.:) I plan on going there in October. I will be keeping my eye on the Cozumel board in hopes of reading some more recent reviews after all of the bad weather has passed. I'm hoping that it was just bad timing and some good reviews start coming in again.

I have been to Florida many times, and I have to say that Fort Walton beach and Destin beach are postcard perfect! White sand, clear blue water, and beautiful clean beaches!:D If anyone is comparing the Cozumel beaches to some of the Florida beaches, I can see why they would be disappointed. It's hard to beat Destin and Fort Walton beach.

I have been to Playa Sol twice and as I remember, the sand was soft, the water was like bathwater! However, I think it is getting too commercialized. Not sure if that is the word I want to use. Many years ago, our first time there, they did not have those ugly, low to the ground plastic chairs all over the place, it would be much nicer if they had regular plastic lounge chairs, like you can get at Orient Beach, with umbrellas!

Maybe we will just head back to Passion Island...we loved that place...like a piece of heaven and the tour operators are great!

We were at Paradise beach last week and it was great! I was in the water a lot and the sand when u first got in was kind of rough, but not so bad that u need water shoes.A lot of little shells, and small pieces of rock. It was not uncomfortable at all.

The beach is soft sand, the food and drinks were very good.

Free to get in, taxis $12, no matter how many are in the taxi.

Not a great beach for snorkeling, but a great way to spend the afternoon!

$12 no matter how many people are in the cab. So yes, total!
$12 no matter how many people are in the cab. So yes, total!

It is $12 if you have 1, 2, or 3 people. It is $12 if you have 4 people as well. $12 is the total cab fair per cab, not person.

We were at Paradise beach last week and it was great! I was in the water a lot and the sand when u first got in was kind of rough, but not so bad that u need water shoes.A lot of little shells, and small pieces of rock. It was not uncomfortable at all.

The beach is soft sand, the food and drinks were very good.

Free to get in, taxis $12, no matter how many are in the taxi.

Not a great beach for snorkeling, but a great way to spend the afternoon!

What beach do you recommend for Snorkeling or diving in Cozumel?

Lisa

Was that $12 per person, or $12 total for however many fit in the taxi?
In Cozumel the fare is not necessarily the same if there are more than 4 passengers in the taxi. We found that out first hand. And, if you read the rates posted at the port, it does say that they're for up to four people. If you have over 4 people, I suggest negotiating the rate before getting into the cab. The first time, the policy took us by surprise, and someone in our party actually got into an argument with the driver. Of course, it's always best to clarify the rate before getting into the cab, regardless of how many people you have.

I am not sure if there were 'changing rooms', I wore my bathing suit under a pair of shorts, but there were bathrooms that were very clean and maintained. A good source of additional information would be the "Ports of Call - Cozumel" board.

Pav

Archived