NEWEST Eurodam Pictures

InTheWASide

Couple of more shots of Eurodam under construction

Eurodam%20Frank%20de%20Vries%2001.jpg

Nice shot looks like she's coming along very well. At this rate they will probably have the hull completed by the end of the summer, then the long fitting out process will start, cant wait to see more pictures

OMG:eek: :eek: :eek:

Paris Hilton to Star in New Production on Eurodam

July 11, 2007 on 6:07 pm | In Entertainment, Latest News | No Comments Television star, rock goddess and celebrity Paris Hilton is to headline a new production, “The Little Dutch Girl,” that has been specially written and directed for shipboard production on Holland America Line’s new Eurodam. Produced by famed Broadway impresario Max Bialystock, the musical features new high-tech laser effects that will re-create 19th-century Amsterdam on Eurodam’s state-of-the-art stage.

Paris Hilton? I knew they should have chosen "Leerdam" when they named this ship!

I must be very low in the pecking order ... appears that site is password protected and not yet available to the general public.

I received an email from the person who is building this web site and he states ......

The site is in development and is not ready for general release. We are trying to track down where the URL was leaked to prevent a repeat in the future.

We expect to have the site up and running in the near future, and we'll be sure to let Cruise Critic know when it's live.

I received an email from the person who is building this web site and he states ......

The site is in development and is not ready for general release. We are trying to track down where the URL was leaked to prevent a repeat in the future.

We expect to have the site up and running in the near future, and we'll be sure to let Cruise Critic know when it's live.

It was "leaked" on a plain old Google search...

:rolleyes:

It was "leaked" on a plain old Google search...

:rolleyes:

Hmmm, a bit of the cart before the horse on their part. They could have easily built it on their intranet and worked out the bugs before putting it on a publicly accessible machine. Thats their own fault. Just shows that those pesky little webcrawlers used by most search engines like Google will find just about anything that you have open to http/https requests (normal web protocol). I did look at the domain name registration info for Hollandamerica.com and eurodamnews.com and they do not match so maybe a contractor is building a site for them. I was trying to figure out how legit it was because the graphics and such were pretty good. However I am sure that the suits at HAL weren't too happy with their humor....Marge Simpson did make me laugh though. :)

However I am sure that the suits at HAL weren't too happy with their humor....Marge Simpson did make me laugh though. :)

Yes, with the logos, etc - it did look almost like an officially sanctioned website (even tho we know it was a spoof) - probably some copyright infringement there somewhere...

So it would seem that it became password protected after a leak was detected?
Yes, it appears you were a little late. I got in earlier and can't now.
I did look at the domain name registration info for Hollandamerica.com and eurodamnews.com and they do not match so maybe a contractor is building a site for them.
FWIW, the url trace I did said the eurodamnews.com was located in Dallas.

Yes, with the logos, etc - it did look almost like an officially sanctioned website (even tho we know it was a spoof) - probably some copyright infringement there somewhere...

If you look closely at the logo you'll note that the fonts aren't the ones used in HAL's real logo.

So whether it's a spoof or not (and the posts that were up there could well have been nonsensical "test posts" instead of lorem ipsum dolor and so on) it is almost certainly not an official site. If it is actually a spoof then it's perfectly legal as it's satire, otherwise it is probably a copyright infringement of one sort or another.

Yes, it appears you were a little late. I got in earlier and can't now.

FWIW, the url trace I did said the eurodamnews.com was located in Dallas.

yup, the machine is physically located at colo4dallas, its just a colocation hosting facility, hollandamerica.com is hosted at Akamai, to 400Lb gorilla of hosting services. It's odd at best

yup, the machine is physically located at colo4dallas, its just a colocation hosting facility, hollandamerica.com is hosted at Akamai, to 400Lb gorilla of hosting services. It's odd at best

English, please. :confused: :)

English, please. :confused: :)

Sorry, spend to much time with my engineers....

a collocation facility, or Colo, is a company that has a dedicated computer room where they rent out space, or use of one of their computers for hosting a web site, or some other computer related service. These companies are usually very specialized and have very expensive infrastructure for cooling, power, UPS (generators and battery backup) , and most importantly VERY fast network connections In most cases these facilities sit on more than one power grid and have super fast internet connections from several companies so if one dies they are still on the net.

All of that is very expensive and most companies cant afford to setup a facility like that just for their web services, so it makes sense to lease space on a machine there and host your website in a super fast fault tolerant (network, power , or computer) environment. Even if you can afford to set one up, it also makes sense for security reasons, the people accessing your web page aren't connecting to your network, even if you have a firewall its just another way of securing yourself. Many of the best companies, like Akamai that HAL uses also specialize in helping you maintain the speed and ability to grow your website with demand from users. In this case, the eurodamnews.com web site is hosted at different company than the HAL website, it also has different contacts for the domain name than hollandamerica.com.

Archived