Carnival Legend back to NYC after difficult cruise

DFD1

From the Carnival board, another view heard.

I did not at all feel cheated...In fact most of the people we spoke with rolled with the dice and had a fantastic time!....
You always hear 'Ain't it awful' three times more than 'luck of the draw.'

My husband and I were on the Legend this past week and went to Bermuda.

The tv cameras were just showing up when my husband and I got off the ship, but they didn't want to hear our story...I guess only grumpy, angry, complaining people are newsworthy....

Say it isn't so...the media only looking for the negative.

I've have taken many, many cruises on different lines. Anything can happen! I read these boards to mainly find out information on shore tours, etc. and take a lot of the "critiquing" with a grain of salt. Some people just love to complain and will never make lemondade out of lemons!!!

I've been to Bermuda on the Legend twice and although I would be disappointed of the change in Itinerary I would choose to make lemonade. (Bermuda is a wonderful port!)

To Localady: I AM going to "flame" you on your comments about Carnival and Carnival's passengers. I will say, however, don't knock it until you try it. You may actually find yourself having the best time of your life with down to earth people who know how to have a good time. How you can stand their and judge not only Carnival but it's passengers when you never sailed them is ignorant - just plain ignorant!!! Any posts I read of yours will never have credibility!!! Maybe a 7 Nite Carnival cruise just might be the medicine you need to make you a happier cruiser (person)!!!

To Localady: I AM going to "flame" you on your comments about Carnival and Carnival's passengers. I will say, however, don't knock it until you try it.

LL's comments came from her personal observations (of Carnival pax in port) as well as the line's reputation for "party boats". That's enough for her to form an opinion. Your opinion may differ, that's what makes the world go around. I, on the otherhand, have had the misfortune to be on a Carnival cruise. I find LocalLady's opinion to be "just about right".

"Down to earth" people can be found everywhere, on any cruise line. What LL (and I) were and are objecting to is the "drunk and disorderly" people. Or do you have a defense of them also?:(

As far as Carnival is concerned, don't knock it 'til you've tried it! We had a multi-generational cruise on the Paradise last summer and it was such a pleasant surprise. I say this because Carnival seems to be a "dirty word" on this board. Can't we all get along without casting dispersions? HAL CC'ers deserve better than this, and so do all the guests visiting this board. JMHO

To Localady: I AM going to "flame" you on your comments about Carnival and Carnival's passengers. I will say, however, don't knock it until you try it. You may actually find yourself having the best time of your life with down to earth people who know how to have a good time. How you can stand their and judge not only Carnival but it's passengers when you never sailed them is ignorant - just plain ignorant!!! Any posts I read of yours will never have credibility!!! Maybe a 7 Nite Carnival cruise just might be the medicine you need to make you a happier cruiser (person)!!!

Idiebabe- It's amazing that you call me ignorant, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I am not sure why this attack is so personal, since I don't know you and would never judge you that way. :eek: I have seen more than enough drunks get back on to Carnival ships (as many times in the Carribean HAL and Carnival are next to each other) to know I would not enjoy that experience, and that is my opinion. I am certain your family had a fantastic cruise, and I wish you many more on Carnival ships!

Not sure what got into your shorts today, but I invite you to put me on ignore so you aren't burdened by my "opinions" anymore. I would let this get more personal, but frankly I refuse to stoop to your level. BTW- The folks who know me well you will tell you I am a very friendly and happy person.:cool:

Can't we all get along without casting dispersions?

No dospersions or aspersions cast. And we can all get along just fine as long as we realize different folks have different opinions. Some of us have had bad experiences in and around Carnival ships. We choose not to cruise on them. End of story.

Thank you, Localady - I will enjoy my two Carnival cruises I have booked for this Fall along with my two I have booked on HAL for 2005.

You wrote a very judgemental post for someone who NEVER experienced first hand the Carnival ships and their pax. Just an FYI: a "bucket of beer is not the drink special". They have a drink of the day i.e. Bahama Mama, Yellow Bird, etc.

As you said in your original comments you expected to get flamed. I just don't get the attitude on bashing an entire cruise line and its pax w/o ever experiencing it yourself. I'm not the one "with something in my shorts".

Good Luck to you!!!

I'm a little off from the direction this thread has taken, but even though we cruise only once a year at best, I'm one of those people who could care less where we end up. As a matter of fact I generally pick a cruise with the fewest ports. We cruise to cruise.

So this event wouldn't have upset me in the least and there are far worse places to end up in than Bermuda! However, I certainly understand what everyone is saying. Still, I think the term "ruined vacation" is stretching it a bit. And for passengers to break out in some form of riot is behavior as abhorent as Carnival's.

A lot of people are simply not aware that these are ships in the middle of an ocean, not in dry dock, and things can go wrong.

Having said that, it seems that Carnival's handling of the situation was inexcusable. And a credit would definitely be in order. If I received such treatment I would simply choose never to cruise Carnival again.

As far as the expense goes, the Bermuda cruises are usually 6 or 7 nights, this caribbean cruise is 8 nights. I paid almost as much for my Bermuda cruise two years ago on Celebrity (which was great) than for my Legend cruise. My 7/26 Legend cruise had its share of problems as well. At least the people on this cruise were compensated more than the measly $20.00 we were given for a 9 hour delay that cost us most of our port stop in San Juan. It wasn't so much the delay and the resulting chaos as Carnival's attitude toward the whole thing. I do have to say though that my emails to Bob Dickinson have been answered promptly and he did bother to investigate some of my questions with the staff in charge.

Ilnick-

Thanks for giving us the "legalese" of the contract. What a company is contractually obligated to do, and what they do when they have had problems previously were two different things. In the legal communities it's known as "good faith". It seems a true "cop out" to hold up the fine print and say "live with it". I know that attitude would make that cruise line a one time experience for me, and I would be sure to let all my family and friends know of my displeasure!!!!

As for the passengers, it seems Carnival's clientele lived up to their reputation, which is one of the reasons I have not, and will not in the future choose that cruise line, even with travelling with my kids. What can you expect from a cruise line that offers buckets of beer as their drink special, IMHO?? :eek: I know I'll get flamed for saying that, but the more I read about the pax on that cruiseline, and the more I see them getting on the ship in ports hooping and hollering, the more my opinion is confirmed in my own mind!:cool:

BRAVO, BRO

Sail,

I guess going out while exercising would be okay, but not on a treadmill. I'd rather be with my "personal" trainer.....................

You naughty boy, John.......:D But that does sound .... er uhm aaah .......more fun!!! ;)

I always said I wanted to be creamated and scattered on some beautiful beach someplace so I would "eternally" be on vacation :)

Waaaaaay better than being cooped up in that "Guido" Mauseleum thing my family has *LOL*

Archived