I'm so excited! Travel size Lysol!!!!!

operafan

Yes, I'm the one who's wiping down the airline tray table and armrests and spraying my entire cabin with disinfectant which isn't a problem in the Caribbean-I just find a drugstore and buy a can- But I could never drag that big honkin' can of Lysol to Europe. Anyhoot, just left Sam's club; They have a 4 pk of 1 oz cans for $4.71. Makes me want to dance!!!!!!!!!

That's great news, we leave for Europe in a few weeks and I was wondering what to do about the Lysol I also drag everywhere... my husband laughs at me, but many of my girlfriends do the same thing... the guys just have no clue. :rolleyes:

Have to go to Sam's this week anyway, hope ours has it!

Have a great trip!

I just got back from the grocery store and a single was hanging up at the check out. Guess who bought one!

Knowing me I'll be bringing all 4 cans.........(Now if they'd just bring back the original type of Corningware I'd be REALLY happy!)

Hi, Cheryl! How are you? How is your summer going? Ours seems to be flying by.

I know that I will bring all 4 of those little cans... will be traipsing all over the UK and then Europe (on the Millennium) for about 24 days! May need two packages! :eek:

I usually bring lysol wipes with me and go over the stateroom with them as soon as I check in. What benefit does the spray have over the wipes? BTW- I had read that suggestion on these boards first, my husband thought I was nuts when I told him my intention. I think after he thought about it, he decided it may be a pretty good idea.

Hi, Cheryl! How are you? How is your summer going? Ours seems to be flying by.

I know that I will bring all 4 of those little cans... will be traipsing all over the UK and then Europe (on the Millennium) for about 24 days! May need two packages! :eek:

Hi Sue!!! Summer is going very fast, and it sounds like yours is going to have a wonderful distinction with your upcomming trip. Have a great time each and every day and I look forward to hearing about your travels when you return. Bon Voyage and our best to Larry as well! :)

~Cheryl

I usually bring lysol wipes with me and go over the stateroom with them as soon as I check in. What benefit does the spray have over the wipes?

Spray is much faster and more thorough. I can do the entire room/bathroom in about 5 minutes. The last couple of trips I could only bring wipes and I went through a ton of them and it took forever. I even spray the bedspread. Don't know if it does any good but I do it anyway.

No offense, but doesn't anyone think this is a little excessive?

We travel 7-8 times a year and have never gotten sick. I am certainly not going to worry about germs on my vacation. I wash my hands with plain soap and water, never use hand sanitizer (it's useless against viruses anyway and only creates superbacteria), and certainly don't want to lug around cleaning supplies on vacation!

No offense, but doesn't anyone think this is a little excessive?

We travel 7-8 times a year and have never gotten sick. I am certainly not going to worry about germs on my vacation. I wash my hands with plain soap and water, never use hand sanitizer (it's useless against viruses anyway and only creates superbacteria), and certainly don't want to lug around cleaning supplies on vacation!

Yup--You are right--it is excessive. I admit it--I am a germ-a-phobe. I figure it can't hurt and it takes a few minutes. Have you ever watched the televison shows where they test everyday products found in a hotel room? Between that and the frequent reports or Noro-virus outbreaks on ships-I figure what the heck. Clearly someone isn't washing their hands. The last cruise I was on- there was hand sanitizer at the beginning of the buffet line. I used it when entering the line and then again after I left--that was to make up for the people who didn't do it at all.

Hi

I also do surely not want to offend you ladys, but I also think it is a bit excessive. I read a report in a newspaper a few weeks ago, that all those allergies and sensibilites for this and that are often come from overdoing hygiene. Our own body can not build a defense if everything is gem free! Don´t get me wrong, I am a cleaning fanatic also, but clean is okay for me. I never got sick ony any cruise of vacation.

Don´´t panic girls enjoy!

Greetings

Michael

I don't use the spray to disinfect, I like it because it kills smoke odors pretty well. Sometimes our cabin can reek of smoke and if I spray the room lightly, once or twice, I can usually stand it. So I guess as long as people smoke in cabins, I'll bring along a small spray.

Is there smoking on all ships??????

We are about to go on our first meditterranean cruise and did not even think about having people around you or in the room next to you smoking:eek: Yuck!!!

I too will be taking disinfectant and hand sanitizer...if nothing else for peace of mind.

Thanks for the tip...

Thanks so much for telling us about the small cans of Lysol at Sam's. I had found these small cans several years ago at Big Lots and haven't seen them since. Every time we go into that store, I look for the little cans to have on hand for traveling, but have never seen them again, which is not unusual for that type of store.

As far as it being excessive behavior to consider bringing a small container of disenfectant along while traveling...well, perhaps. But, considering the number of people who can't be bothered to wash their hands, especially after using the restroom......, a small can of spray or a few wipes don't take up much room. We all touch things out in public, and then touch our mouths or our eyes. If a little spray or a wipe prevents e-coli or staph infections, then who am I hurting? It's just one more choice that each individual can make for themselves.

Mary

As far as it being excessive behavior to consider bringing a small container of disenfectant along while traveling...well, perhaps. But, considering the number of people who can't be bothered to wash their hands, especially after using the restroom......, a small can of spray or a few wipes don't take up much room. We all touch things out in public, and then touch our mouths or our eyes. If a little spray or a wipe prevents e-coli or staph infections, then who am I hurting? It's just one more choice that each individual can make for themselves.

Mary

I agree totally.

Speaking of washing hands...We were docked in port one day and there was a Royal Carribbean ship across from us. Sitting there having breakfast we suddenly realized that we were right across from a men's room. We could watch them walk in--actually go over and pee--the bottom half was blocked. Then we could see who washed their hands and who didn't. Unfortunately- most didn't. Gross!

So you leave your germ-free cabin, walk down the hall to dinner - the ship is lurching...do you wipe your hands after you touch the hall sidebars? You get into the elevator, press the button for the dining room floor...do you wipe your finger? Walk into the dining room, touch the SAME MENU that the early seating person touched...horrors, did THEY wash their hands?...on and on...

Really, I agree it is excessive, and I do believe you are helping to create Supergerms.

So you leave your germ-free cabin, walk down the hall to dinner - the ship is lurching...do you wipe your hands after you touch the hall sidebars? You get into the elevator, press the button for the dining room floor...do you wipe your finger? Walk into the dining room, touch the SAME MENU that the early seating person touched...horrors, did THEY wash their hands?...on and on...

Really, I agree it is excessive, and I do believe you are helping to create Supergerms.

Actually, I have a Purell that hangs on my handbag. And I press the elevator buttons with my knuckle. And I open restroom doors with a paper towel after washing my hands. And all of this I do automatically without thinking about it.

. . . do those handy little spray bottles smell fruity, like apples or meadow or some such cover up, or do they smell like the original Lysol? For the original ‘flavor’, smelling like a hospital disinfectant, we have to go to a hardware store. And it's available only as a liquid, unfortunately.

Archived