I want to be a bingo nerd!

Ok, my friends laugh at me because I told them this time we are going to do an organized game like Bingo! What can we win playing Bingo on RCI? How much does it cost to play? When is the best time to play? I am determined to win Bingo.

Thanks. :D

Welcome to the world of Bingo Nerds, and there are plenty of us. Every time I play, I say I'm never doing this again, but I never stick to it! The payouts aren't that great, considering what they are taking in, but I still have fun when I play. There are all different amounts of payouts, ranging from about $100 to several hundred, an upgrade to a suite, a free cruise, etc. The final game I saw someone win a little over $2,000. Don't forget, if there are multiple winners, you have to share. I don't know who will call your bingo games, but on AOS in May '06, we had "Dollar Bill Phil," and then when we sailed on Mariner in Oct '06, there he was again on that ship. He's a tall, skinny Brit, who makes all the games a lot of fun. He's really into making everyone shake their booty in order to collect winnings, and the audience seems to love him.

I used to laugh about the Bingo players until the last cruise we were on. A woman at our dinner table won $5000 and a member of our M&M group won the free cruise. So, guess who is going to play Bingo the next time I cruise - yep - ME.

Ok, my friends laugh at me because I told them this time we are going to do an organized game like Bingo! What can we win playing Bingo on RCI? How much does it cost to play? When is the best time to play? I am determined to win Bingo.

Thanks. :D

I don't know the prices on the other ships, but we just got back from Empress. We played Bingo for our first time ever and had fun. You get five different colored cards, each representing a different game. We paid $35. Although we lost, we will probably try it again!

I don't know the prices on the other ships, but we just got back from Empress. We played Bingo for our first time ever and had fun. You get five different colored cards, each representing a different game. We paid $35. Although we lost, we will probably try it again!

$35 per session (5 games/6 cards per game) is correct :D

###

We had Bingo Boy on the Rhapsody in October and we played every game. If you saw him somewhere else on the ship and yelled "Show me the money" he'd give you a free card. We also paid about $9 (I think) to adopt "Bingo". We took him to each game we played and they gave us an extra 3 pack each time we bought a 6 pack. They also had a Bingo fashion show towards the end of the week. We sail on the AOS this coming Sunday and I'm bringing Bingo - I'm sure we'll be adopting #2 soon!! I just want to stand up - when you only have one left. I don't even have to win!:D :D

Hi Misseattle. BINGO's fun. I don't go to every game, but make at least a few on each cruise. A friend of mine won over $5000 on her Hawaii cruise! She got the final BINGO! Wish I could be so lucky! Well, I'm lucky enough just to be on a cruise. :D Good luck!!!

Elf

Well I've played, I've never won, and no one I know has won!

They usually sell cards all throughout the day, and LOTS of people are playing for one big prize. You have better chance of being struck by lightning than winning.

That being said, it is fun to play, and something to do on a sea day.

I always play bingo on the ship. I've played every year, except Monarch. Last year on the Mariner, I won around $500 or so. We also had "Dollar Bill Phil" on the Mariner last October. He was the greated. I remember him doing a funny sound that he would do over the intercom and in the public areas. I can't remember what it was though. Does anyone?

I always play bingo on the ship. I've played every year, except Monarch. Last year on the Mariner, I won around $500 or so. We also had "Dollar Bill Phil" on the Mariner last October. He was the greated. I remember him doing a funny sound that he would do over the intercom and in the public areas. I can't remember what it was though. Does anyone?

WHOOP, WHOOP, was Phil's famous saying, in an especially high voice! Do you remember the "Booty" CD he played? Well, my friend "checked his balls" at bingo, and as a thank you, he gave her a copy of the CD. We played it when we got home, and it was hysterical. All about different types of booties, and my favorite was when the guy sang about "buffet booty." Phil was sure a lot of fun, and I hope he's on the Explorer now because I'd love to attend his bingo again.

WHOOP, WHOOP, was Phil's famous saying, in an especially high voice! Do you remember the "Booty" CD he played? Well, my friend "checked his balls" at bingo, and as a thank you, he gave her a copy of the CD. We played it when we got home, and it was hysterical. All about different types of booties, and my favorite was when the guy sang about "buffet booty." Phil was sure a lot of fun, and I hope he's on the Explorer now because I'd love to attend his bingo again.

Yeah, whoop whoop. My aunt said that to him while we were in line for customs. It was hilarioius, and he laughed. I do not remember the Booty CD. My sailing (Oct. 15) was his first sailing on the Mariner (you were Oct. 29), so maybe he got it after we sailed. I hope he is on the Freedom. Does anybody know where he is right now?

Final jackpots depend on the length of the cruise and how many have played throughout the cruise. On our first cruise one of our dinnermates (and fellow CCer) had won a $10,000 jackpot on a previous cruise.

Jackpots during the first session generally start out in the $100 range and build from there.

A typical session is 5 games and lasts about an hour. $35 buys you a "six-pack" which is 6 cards for each of the 5 games. There is also a "kid's pack" available which is 3 cards per game. I believe that runs $20.

Then there is the Bingo dog for $10 that earns you extra cards for the final game of each session. This varies by ship. Sometimes it's 3 extra cards, sometimes only 1.

I won on our first cruise ("only" around $400) but it paid for all my bingo and hooked me good. :p Haven't won anything since but it's still fun.

They also hand out raffle tickets and give out prizes each session. These range from t-shirts to shore excursions.

And, as I pointed out earlier, the final session jackpots can get quite high. The final session is usually PACKED!

Have fun with it! That's what it is all about.

P.S. I know WAY too much about Bingo. :o If you play enough you get a special card from your room steward upon boarding (I think it means you've lost LOTS of money playing Bingo! :p) that gets you a sticker on your SeaPass card that adds 50% (I think) to the jackpot if you win. Except for the final jackpot, of course.

On our cruise last month DS (19) won $110.00 and I won a total of $360.00 (won twice). I also won 2 t-shirts and a Bingo dog in the raffles. Older DS (21) was the first person standing both this year and last year for the win a cruise game.......too bad he wasn't the first to shout BINGO! (He was sooo hoping for a free cruise for spring break-LOL!) Last year I bought a Bingo dog, and left him in my suitcase so I wouldn't forget to bring him this year. He's in my suitcase again for next year's cruise!

Hey everyone!

I love playing BINGO on every cruise! I always play bingo with my mom and we always have fun. On our Explorer cruise to the Caribbean and Bermuda 9 night cruise on May 11 2007 we had Luke as our BINGO BOY and activities manager..he was really awesome! He was always friendly and always hyper during bingo. He was also very good looking!! lol :D

Does anyone happen to know what ship Luke Aerosmith is on now??? He might be on vacation but I was wondering what ship he is on. I hope he is on my next Explorer cruise on June 5, 2008!!!

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

*~*Cruzingteenqueen19*~*

I have played Bingo on all our RCC's and have won cash here and there our first Navigator sailing I won over $1000 over the week of playing won on 3 seperate days! On the Navigator in December I didn't win a stinkin' thing but my DH won a CRUISE!!!!!! :D

On the Splendour in March I won $88 :D

So like I put in another post... play, play, play and have fun!!!!

We played bingo for the first time last year on Enchantment. My sister-in-law was so excited, jumping up and down, buying cards, etc. I bought ONE card for my hubby and I to share. Well, my sister-in-law was so excited she spilled her full glass of wine in my lap, so I had to hand the card over to hubby. She was sooooo upset, kept saying how sorry she was (and of course I was wearing white pants!) That is when I learned just how serious bingo is to others. We were told "shhhhhh" and "be quiet!" and I thought we were going to be murdered. So I decided to try to slip out, but I couldn't because MY HUBBY was in a bingo playoff with another person and WON a free cruise! Will I do it again? Yes! It was a blast, even though everyone on the boat thought I had peed myself when he won! :D

We sail on our free cruise Sept. 24!

We went on our first RCI cruise on the navigator last year. DH humored me and played the final bingo with me. We won almost $6000. Guess he won't mind playing again. Be warned if you do win they give it to you in cash and you have a day or 2 before you get home that you have to worry about all that cash.

Dollar Bill Phil is still on the Mariner of the Seas. We just returned in July from a Western trip.

My daughter sat near the front and got to check the bingo balls and won a t-shirt, a free drink and a few key chains.

Some one say BINGO?

I love it....on longer cruses I don't play everyday, just here and there until the last few days then I play at least once a day. I've won the JP bingo twice......each time over $3000. :D

Wow! I wish I had your luck. The odds against winning the jackpot twice are astronomical. I've cruised 15 times,played Bingo everytime and only won once for $220. You better play the lottery!

Archived