Difference between a JS gty and a W gty?

Okay, so someone please explain the difference to me. I was checking the prices on Royal Caribbean's website today and I'm totally confused. They are offering a JS guarantee for $1,199 and a W guarantee for $1,049. With both you're guaranteed a JS, right? So why would you pay $150 per person more for the JS guarantee than the W guarantee?:confused:

We already booked a W guarantee when the prices were slightly lower, but I'm curious to see what the difference is here. Thanks for the help.:D

I believe that the W can't have air added to it -- but, the GTY can.....I think. Good Luck!

Finally, someone with an answer!:D I found it interesting that they would appear to be offering two different categories at two different prices for the same cabin, but if the air add-on thing is true, then I guess that might might be worth the price difference for some cruisers. Thanks for the info.:)

Okay, so someone please explain the difference to me. I was checking the prices on Royal Caribbean's website today and I'm totally confused. They are offering a JS guarantee for $1,199 and a W guarantee for $1,049. With both you're guaranteed a JS, right? So why would you pay $150 per person more for the JS guarantee than the W guarantee?:confused:

We already booked a W guarantee when the prices were slightly lower, but I'm curious to see what the difference is here. Thanks for the help.:D

Certainly in our experience we have found that we were more likely to be upgraded to a GS with the W guarantee.

I am too interested in the answer to this?...what is the difference between a W guarantee and a specific cabin type guarantee? Why would this cost more and are there any advantages to booking this?

My boyfriend and are on booked in a W guarantee on AOS on 9/30/2007. We were assigned room 9618 ( Jr. Suite, mid hump cabin, portside). Looking forward to further responses. Thanks. :) ~Valerie

JS Gty is where you are taking any JS anywhere on the ship

W Gty is where you are taking any Suite anywhere on the ship - this could be a JS, GS, OS or RS....so much better opportunities of getting a really good stateroom. The W, X, Y, Z Gtys usually come in a lot cheaper as the OP has found.

Basically you know this JS is the minumum grade you are going to get but you could get better.

I'd take the W Gty over the JS Gty anytime!

JS Gty is where you are taking any JS anywhere on the ship

W Gty is where you are taking any Suite anywhere on the ship - this could be a JS, GS, OS or RS....so much better opportunities of getting a really good stateroom. The W, X, Y, Z Gtys usually come in a lot cheaper as the OP has found.

Basically you know this JS is the minumum grade you are going to get but you could get better.

I'd take the W Gty over the JS Gty anytime!

But I will keep my fingers crossed for an upgrade from a JS! Not that we're not perfectly happy with the JS we have now, but who wouldn't be even happier with an upgrade to a "true" suite?!:eek:

"Deck(s): N/A

Occupancy: N/A

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, private bathroom with bathtub and a sitting area. (277 sq. ft., balcony 69 sq. ft.)

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing."

Y'all got me so curious that I went to the RCI website. This is the wording I just copied from the W GTY category on an upcoming AOS sailing. It's interesting that the description of the room matches that of a junior suite, but the "guarantee" is only for a superior ocean view (i.e. D1, D2, or D3). I checked several dates and they were all worded the same way.

"It's interesting that the description of the room matches that of a junior suite, but the "guarantee" is only for a superior ocean view (i.e. D1, D2, or D3). I checked several dates and they were all worded the same way.

The wording is interesting, so I did some research on these boards and posted a question about it. The general consensus is that although it says "superior ocean view," the description (i.e. dimensions) corresponds to that of a JS, which is the minimum you will get with a W guarantee. What I found to be really interesting is that yesterday they opened up a JS guarantee in addition to the W guarantee, but the JS guarantee was $150 more per person. One poster suggested that the difference between the JS guarantee and the W is that the W can't be combined with air and he or she is correct - when I pretended to book air with the trip, it would only give me the JS guarantee as an option. Now the W is gone and just the JS guarantee remains.

It's really kind of interesting to see the different cabin and guarantee types open, close, open, close and so on as the sailing date gets closer.:eek:

• 10 years later...

Hey,

We are traveling with Royal C for The second time this August. We travel with Oasis in The Caribbean Sea. We booked a gty ws. Do any of you have experience on which suite you Can expect? I know you at least get a junior. But is anybody ever lucky to get a better suite?

Thanks for your answers. I guess JS will be most likely �� any one who got upgrated to more ?

Yes, a JS is by far the most likely assignment. But to answer your question, a few years ago we were assigned a crown loft on Allure. Best to plan on a JS and then be thrilled we anything better; we certainly were surprised and thrilled.

"Deck(s): N/A

Occupancy: N/A

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, private bathroom with bathtub and a sitting area. (277 sq. ft., balcony 69 sq. ft.)

With this selection, you are guaranteed to receive a superior ocean view stateroom. Room assignments may be determined at any time after your reservation has been completed and paid in full up to the day of sailing."

Y'all got me so curious that I went to the RCI website. This is the wording I just copied from the W GTY category on an upcoming AOS sailing. It's interesting that the description of the room matches that of a junior suite, but the "guarantee" is only for a superior ocean view (i.e. D1, D2, or D3). I checked several dates and they were all worded the same way.

D1, D2 and D3 do not have bath tubs so it does not quite fit.

D1, D2 and D3 do not have bath tubs so it does not quite fit.

Well you are responding to a 11yr old post. Sq Ft(277) was off also. But Royal changes Cats about every 10 years as they just recently did, 4th different ones I've witnessed in 30yrs. Back then they didn't even have Balcony cabins on their ships..

Thanks for your answers. I guess JS will be most likely �� any one who got upgrated to more ?

Nope. 30+yrs cruising, Diamond Plus and never higher then a Junior Suite... As Bob said, 90% that's what you will get also...

Hey,

We are traveling with Royal C for The second time this August. We travel with Oasis in The Caribbean Sea. We booked a gty ws. Do any of you have experience on which suite you Can expect? I know you at least get a junior. But is anybody ever lucky to get a better suite?

I am diamond plus as well. More than not we got a JS. But we have gotten a Owners suite once and GS other times. It all depends on when the cruise was and how busy it is.