"Priority Dining" for Suite Passengers

abbymac

Like Coral and Toto says, don't hold your breath.

We have been in a suite our last two cruises and have not been able to get any preference for dining reservations in the dining room or the specialty restaurants.

It was no problem; but no one seemed to know anything about this so-called perk. :D

Mike

We have been in 3 suites on 3 different ships and have never gotten ahead of the others with anytime dinning. We wait just like everyone else does.

Jan

Wait???... There's no waiting in anytime dining. Those beepers are just for show.:rolleyes:

I echo what everyone else is saying. We had a full suite on the Golden

this past April and it was a futile effort on our part to get ANY kind

of reservations for anytime dining.

I do believe Princess needs to remove this from their advertising as one

of the great "perks" offered, as we've done better without having a full suite.

You can always talk to the maitre'd on the first night, and that way

maybe you'll have an easier time than we did, but I've got to say,

Princess could rectify this one very easily by simply giving the full suite

people a pre-assigned table for 2.:cool:

I know that one of the perks we get as suite passengers is "priority dining". How does that work if we have Anytime Dining? Can we call ahead and book a specific time and table size?

abby

Sure would be nice, but it's never worked for us and I wasn't about to be put on hold forever until someone finally remembered that this was supposed to be a perk. :rolleyes:

I am wondering if Princess doesn't have this worded wrong maybe? Could it by chance mean that suite passengers have priority for early or late ASSIGNED seating? Something that would not come into play for anytime dining?

In other words, when you book, if you want late seating, since you booked a suite, they would have to put you in late seating? Just a curious question.

I agree with the others. I've had a suite on both the Caribbean Princess and the Crown. We needed a "priority dining" situation on the Caribbean Princess. It took me taking the page out of the suite book and having a face to face with the purser's office to get our reservation. The first assistant purser was NOT helpful at all. However, the second assistant purser (Alistair), got us what we needed and was VERY helpful, even going so far as to check back with us to make sure we were taken care of.

On the Crown, we wanted a reservation for the Crown Grille one night. At the time we wanted they said they were booked, but when I advised them we were in a suite, they "fit us in". Sometimes you just have to nicely remind them of your suite perks. We also have had problems getting the Thermal Suite sticker on the Crown -- it just so depends on who you talk to.

So know what you're entitled to and keep asking until someone gives you the right answer. Also, remember you can order from room service anything they are serving in the dining room to eat in your suite. You won't get the same service (i.e. everything will come at once), but you also won't have the hassels!

Enjoy your suite. It is definitely the "sweet" life!

I agree with the others. I've had a suite on both the Caribbean Princess and the Crown. We needed a "priority dining" situation on the Caribbean Princess. It took me taking the page out of the suite book and having a face to face with the purser's office to get our reservation. The first assistant purser was NOT helpful at all. However, the second assistant purser (Alistair), got us what we needed and was VERY helpful, even going so far as to check back with us to make sure we were taken care of.

On the Crown, we wanted a reservation for the Crown Grille one night. At the time we wanted they said they were booked, but when I advised them we were in a suite, they "fit us in". Sometimes you just have to nicely remind them of your suite perks. We also have had problems getting the Thermal Suite sticker on the Crown -- it just so depends on who you talk to.

So know what you're entitled to and keep asking until someone gives you the right answer. Also, remember you can order from room service anything they are serving in the dining room to eat in your suite. You won't get the same service (i.e. everything will come at once), but you also won't have the hassels!

Enjoy your suite. It is definitely the "sweet" life!

cindep, on the list of suite amenities from the Princess website it doesn't say you can order anything from the dining room (just "extended room service menu), nor does it say you get priority reservations in the specialty restaurants (just "preferred anytime dining reservations"). Of course it doesn't hurt to ask as you say in a nice way and see what happens......

cindep, on the list of suite amenities from the Princess website it doesn't say you can order anything from the dining room (just "extended room service menu), nor does it say you get priority reservations in the specialty restaurants (just "preferred anytime dining reservations"). Of course it doesn't hurt to ask as you say in a nice way and see what happens......

Sorry to contradict you aircruiser, but you are incorrect. I get the dining room menus delivered every day and am free to order whatever I want. As for preferred anytime dining reservations, I am not sure how you are interpreting this, but I interpret it as priority reservations.

Why do some people seek to begrudge of of the few perks we get from sailing in suites?

I was only speaking from experience on my past two Princess cruises. Unless the rules have changed for suites, that was the "deal" as of May. I think the reservations really depends on who you speak to. Some of the staff are more receptive when you tell them you're in a suite, especially the staff that have been around for awhile.

As far as the dining in your suite, like the other person said, you can have the menus for the next day delivered each evening to your room. Anything that appears on the menu can be ordered -- I even ordered the breakfast "special" several times on the Crown by writing it in on the extended breakfast door hanger. I got everything I requested without a problem.

Also, to the original poster, please be sure to tip the kind folks who bring your room service a couple of dollars. They are always very appreciative!

And in case we didn't answer your original question (which I'm beginning to wonder), you should be able to get the same table every night in Anytime dining -- just request it after the first night. That is available to everyone. Of course, it never hurts to name (or in this case suite) drop a bit. :p

Agree with all that has been said here. You will get a "welcome" letter from the Passenger Service Director, saying if you need anything, blah, blah, blah. We actually used this "perk" once to clear up a dining request. I am sure that it will all depend on who the PS Director is at the time.

Archived