For those on the Mercury at Hubbard Glacier on August 7th

Sue L

Wow, Sue....what awesome shots!!! Can I forward them for consideration for the Cruise Critic photo of the week (or you should send it in). The close up of Mercury is spectacular!

Thanks Anne. I think I will send it in!

Hi Sue:

beautiful picture.

I've heard reports that Mercury did not get close to the glacier and had problems with surface ice. We're hoping to get to the glacier next year and these shots are a great incentive. Did Serenade get this close as well?

Hi Sue:

beautiful picture.

I've heard reports that Mercury did not get close to the glacier and had problems with surface ice. We're hoping to get to the glacier next year and these shots are a great incentive. Did Serenade get this close as well?

I think Serenade got a tad bit closer (not positive though), we got to 200 yards. But the Serenade has the pods which can turn to stay away from the ice. There was a lot of calving that day, so there was quite a bit of ice in the water. While we were there, it calved about 30 or 40 times. Some little ones and quite a few large ones.

What a beautiful photograph, with sunny skies! I was at Hubbard Glacier a week previous (July 31) and the day was overcast. You can notice the difference in the attached photograph, from the same perspective.

Donald.

Yours is very beautiful too! I love the clouds hanging down in the picture.

Archived